LA Police Gear
Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 572

Thread: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

  1. #1
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    sydney aus
    Posts
    254

    Default Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Just noticed this on the jetbeam website- damn waiting on my sunwayman ti plus and this comes out.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Wow!

    It looks gorgeous!!! I wonder how much it will cost.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Looks nice. Wonder when it will be available for sale...
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

  4. #4
    Flashaholic Theatre Booth Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Wow!

    It looks gorgeous!!! I wonder how much it will cost.
    +1
    Brian

    After getting an HDS, other flashlights seem much less relevant (Except for some of the really special lights found on CPF!)
    When things are really dark, a dim light for a long time is much better than a blinding light for a short time.

  5. #5
    Enlightened Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Hmm, can't find it. Got a link?
    G23 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ


  6. #6
    Flashaholic* run4jc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Back in Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    2,748

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Hmm, can't find it. Got a link?
    http://www.jet-beam.com/links/pro/tcr1.aspx

  7. #7

    Default

    I asked them last week if they were coming out with a ti xml light and they said no and here it is!

    SENT FROM MY HTC THUNDERBOLT USING TAPATALK

  8. #8
    Enlightened Coup de Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canyon Country, CA
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Great looking light.
    I'm guessing the price would be around the price of the SWM Ti+.
    I just wondering how the "momentary on" feature work with this light.

  9. #9
    Flashaholic* HIDblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Oh for Christmas sakes...I'm waiting on my Sunwayman Ti+ to arrive and JB comes out with this? They're killing me. Couldn't they have come out with this light just a few weeks sooner?

    I was on the fence about the RRT-01, but it looks like a stunner in the Ti version. Interesting that they're using a SMO reflector in such a small light. Looks like April is going to be worse than I expected...

    On the plus side, I'm hoping this means they'll come up with a Ti version of the RRT-0 XM-L. That would be even better.

    Photo is from Jetbeam's website:

    Last edited by HIDblue; 04-10-2012 at 06:40 AM.
    My dog ate my flashlight...

  10. #10
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  11. #11

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    ive been pushing my friend in Jetbeam to reveal the pricing for this limited edition light, but so far, no word yet as to how much it will go for.

    what i do KNOW, is that there is only 1000 units manufactured, SO GET IN LINE PEOPLE! :P

  12. #12
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    242

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out


    isn't the feature pretty much the same as rrt-0 xm-l ?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Very nice looking.

  14. #14
    Flashaholic* Fitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,076

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Anyone notice the control ring looks exactly like the Sunwayman, down to the shape of the cutouts?
    Semper Fi

  15. #15

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Anyone notice the control ring looks exactly like the Sunwayman, down to the shape of the cutouts?
    I was about to say the same thing. It's possible the Jetbeam's grooves are slightly wider, but it's hard to tell from the pictures.


  16. #16
    *Flashaholic* Sgt. LED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, Ohio
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Sunwayman semi-clone
    Clip blocks control ring
    Smooth reflector, be a pretty beam lol
    No tailcap switch but they added the extra length anyway......
    It's nice to see a Ti light I don't instantly want to buy

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    france
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    what would be good to know it's when and where from it will be available....

    I did a quick round of the dealers and it was nowhere announced yet
    Last edited by aflashinthenight; 04-10-2012 at 09:10 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Anyone notice the control ring looks exactly like the Sunwayman, down to the shape of the cutouts?
    Not to rain on this for you, but Jetbeam has been using this aesthetic for a lot longer than SWM has even been around.

    In not so many words: SWM "borrowed" the aesthetic from JB. Truth be told though, I have a sneaking suspicion that SWM is also owned by the same company that owns Nitecore and Jetbeam.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    france
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    that was already the case with the TC-R2

  20. #20

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikelite View Post
    I asked them last week if they were coming out with a ti xml light and they said no and here it is
    that figures right?
    I just emailed them last night asking about the possibility of an extender for the rrt-01 to fit an 18650 and they said no. Here's hoping they do the same thing and an extender comes out next week!!

  21. #21

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. LED View Post
    Sunwayman semi-clone
    Clip blocks control ring
    Smooth reflector, be a pretty beam lol
    No tailcap switch but they added the extra length anyway......
    It's nice to see a Ti light I don't instantly want to buy
    Considering that the RRT-01 in aluminum seems to be a better light than the Sunwayman V11R, this new titanium version of the RRT-01 looks beautiful.

    Keep in mind that the RRT-01 has a number of advantages compared to a V11R or the V10R Ti+:
    1. RRT-01 can be operated one-handed without having to flip the light around in the hand after pressing the button since there is no button to press. The only control is the ring.
    2. RRT-01 has the lowest low of any light on the market, and a brighter high than the Sunwayman (514 lumens for V10R T+ compared to someone's measured 542 lumens for RRT-01).
    3. RRT-01 holds a larger battery (18350 compared to 16340 for the Sunwayman). Hopefully this should mean it has longer battery life despite having a larger current draw than the Sunwayman.
    4. RRT-01 is smaller than a V10R or V10R Ti+ / V11R.
    5. RRT-01 has a wider spillbeam due to its shallower reflector. Great for close-in work.
    6. RRT-01 does not have any metal tailcap binding issues like the V11R and V10R Ti+ seem plagued with.

    In contrast, the main advantage of the V10R Ti+ / V11R seems to be:
    1. Light orange peel reflector - the beam is still ringy, but not as ringy as the smooth reflector in the RRT-01.

  22. #22
    Flashaholic Danielsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany - Darmstadt
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    i guess those companys just giving their names and the flashlights from those companys were all build from the same factorys

  23. #23
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Considering that the RRT-01 in aluminum seems to be a better light than the Sunwayman V11R, this new titanium version of the RRT-01 looks beautiful.

    Keep in mind that the RRT-01 has a number of advantages compared to a V11R or the V10R Ti+:
    1. RRT-01 can be operated one-handed without having to flip the light around in the hand after pressing the button since there is no button to press. The only control is the ring.
    2. RRT-01 has the lowest low of any light on the market, and a brighter high than the Sunwayman (514 lumens for V10R T+ compared to someone's measured 542 lumens for RRT-01).
    3. RRT-01 holds a larger battery (18350 compared to 16340 for the Sunwayman). Hopefully this should mean it has longer battery life despite having a larger current draw than the Sunwayman.
    4. RRT-01 is smaller than a V10R or V10R Ti+ / V11R.
    5. RRT-01 has a wider spillbeam due to its shallower reflector. Great for close-in work.
    6. RRT-01 does not have any metal tailcap binding issues like the V11R and V10R Ti+ seem plagued with.

    In contrast, the main advantage of the V10R Ti+ / V11R seems to be:
    1. Light orange peel reflector - the beam is still ringy, but not as ringy as the smooth reflector in the RRT-01.

    I think #1 is a big plus, that is the first thing that I wasn't comfortable with when I used the Ti+.

    As far as #4, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...I find the V10R to be too small without the AA extender installed.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  24. #24

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    I find it really funny that the control ring without a tailcap switch is seen as a far better UI by some. I've seen it mentioned multiple times. I don't know about anyone else, but I find twisty lights annoyingly cumbersome compared to clicking a switch.The magnetic ring is only more ergonomic if you're used to holding lights in a traditional grip the entire time you're using them. I don't know about you, but cigar hold seems more practical and ergonomic to me, especially on smaller lights.

    That said, I'm still waiting for my V10r+ preorder, and definitely keeping an eye on this one.

  25. #25
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by somnambulated View Post
    I find it really funny that the control ring without a tailcap switch is seen as a far better UI by some. I've seen it mentioned multiple times. I don't know about anyone else, but I find twisty lights annoyingly cumbersome compared to clicking a switch.The magnetic ring is only more ergonomic if you're used to holding lights in a traditional grip the entire time you're using them. I don't know about you, but cigar hold seems more practical and ergonomic to me, especially on smaller lights.

    That said, I'm still waiting for my V10r+ preorder, and definitely keeping an eye on this one.

    How do you work the ring one handed while using the cigar grip?
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

  26. #26
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Having all the Ti versions of JetBeam, I can say that this one is a beauty... Just what I need for my collection. I also have all the Ti models from sunwayman, save for the new Ti+, and they are very nice and all, but JetBeam has a better designer, that is for sure...
    My lights: SureFire U2, L4, E1e, ARC LSH-P, ARC AAA, ARC AA, Inova T1, NUWAI QIII, CPF Edition ORB, Fenix L1P, Fenix L0P, AWR Nano and more to come

  27. #27
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Strange thing, the light is on JetBeam's website, but nobody has it for pre-order...
    My lights: SureFire U2, L4, E1e, ARC LSH-P, ARC AAA, ARC AA, Inova T1, NUWAI QIII, CPF Edition ORB, Fenix L1P, Fenix L0P, AWR Nano and more to come

  28. #28
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    242

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike75 View Post
    Strange thing, the light is on JetBeam's website, but nobody has it for pre-order...
    I've just been offered by my local seller. I'm quite surprised to know the price is over USD 200. Don't know how much he got it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    How do you work the ring one handed while using the cigar grip?
    Probably the best example would be HDS rotary ?

  29. #29

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by fabienne View Post
    I've just been offered by my local seller. I'm quite surprised to know the price is over USD 200. Don't know how much he got it though.
    Ouch! over 200? I might have to pass.

  30. #30
    Flashaholic* F250XLT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I can see the Windmills...
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

    Quote Originally Posted by fabienne View Post


    Probably the best example would be HDS rotary ?

    But the control ring on a Ratory is in the tail, isn't it?
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •