LA Police Gear
Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

Flashaholic

Default Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

Just noticed this on the jetbeam website- damn waiting on my sunwayman ti plus and this comes out.

Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

Wow!

It looks gorgeous!!! I wonder how much it will cost.

Looks nice. Wonder when it will be available for sale...
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Wow!

It looks gorgeous!!! I wonder how much it will cost.
    +1
    Brian

After getting an HDS, other flashlights seem much less relevant (Except for some of the really special lights found on CPF!)
    When things are really dark, a dim light for a long time is much better than a blinding light for a short time.

Hmm, can't find it. Got a link?
    G23 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Hmm, can't find it. Got a link?
    http://www.jet-beam.com/links/pro/tcr1.aspx

I asked them last week if they were coming out with a ti xml light and they said no and here it is!

SENT FROM MY HTC THUNDERBOLT USING TAPATALK

Great looking light.
    I'm guessing the price would be around the price of the SWM Ti+.
    I just wondering how the "momentary on" feature work with this light.

Oh for Christmas sakes...I'm waiting on my Sunwayman Ti+ to arrive and JB comes out with this? They're killing me. Couldn't they have come out with this light just a few weeks sooner?

I was on the fence about the RRT-01, but it looks like a stunner in the Ti version. Interesting that they're using a SMO reflector in such a small light. Looks like April is going to be worse than I expected...

On the plus side, I'm hoping this means they'll come up with a Ti version of the RRT-0 XM-L. That would be even better.

Photo is from Jetbeam's website:

Last edited by HIDblue; 04-10-2012 at 06:40 AM.
    My dog ate my flashlight...

"I am not a Collector" - Tim

ive been pushing my friend in Jetbeam to reveal the pricing for this limited edition light, but so far, no word yet as to how much it will go for.

what i do KNOW, is that there is only 1000 units manufactured, SO GET IN LINE PEOPLE! :P

Flashaholic

isn't the feature pretty much the same as rrt-0 xm-l ?

Very nice looking.

Anyone notice the control ring looks exactly like the Sunwayman, down to the shape of the cutouts?
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Anyone notice the control ring looks exactly like the Sunwayman, down to the shape of the cutouts?
    I was about to say the same thing. It's possible the Jetbeam's grooves are slightly wider, but it's hard to tell from the pictures.

Sunwayman semi-clone
    Clip blocks control ring
    Smooth reflector, be a pretty beam lol
    No tailcap switch but they added the extra length anyway......
    It's nice to see a Ti light I don't instantly want to buy

Banned

what would be good to know it's when and where from it will be available....

I did a quick round of the dealers and it was nowhere announced yet
    Last edited by aflashinthenight; 04-10-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Not to rain on this for you, but Jetbeam has been using this aesthetic for a lot longer than SWM has even been around.

In not so many words: SWM "borrowed" the aesthetic from JB. Truth be told though, I have a sneaking suspicion that SWM is also owned by the same company that owns Nitecore and Jetbeam.

Banned

that was already the case with the TC-R2

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikelite View Post
    I asked them last week if they were coming out with a ti xml light and they said no and here it is
    that figures right?
    I just emailed them last night asking about the possibility of an extender for the rrt-01 to fit an 18650 and they said no. Here's hoping they do the same thing and an extender comes out next week!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. LED View Post
    Sunwayman semi-clone
    Clip blocks control ring
    Smooth reflector, be a pretty beam lol
    No tailcap switch but they added the extra length anyway......
    It's nice to see a Ti light I don't instantly want to buy
    Considering that the RRT-01 in aluminum seems to be a better light than the Sunwayman V11R, this new titanium version of the RRT-01 looks beautiful.

Keep in mind that the RRT-01 has a number of advantages compared to a V11R or the V10R Ti+:
    1. RRT-01 can be operated one-handed without having to flip the light around in the hand after pressing the button since there is no button to press. The only control is the ring.
    2. RRT-01 has the lowest low of any light on the market, and a brighter high than the Sunwayman (514 lumens for V10R T+ compared to someone's measured 542 lumens for RRT-01).
    3. RRT-01 holds a larger battery (18350 compared to 16340 for the Sunwayman). Hopefully this should mean it has longer battery life despite having a larger current draw than the Sunwayman.
    4. RRT-01 is smaller than a V10R or V10R Ti+ / V11R.
    5. RRT-01 has a wider spillbeam due to its shallower reflector. Great for close-in work.
    6. RRT-01 does not have any metal tailcap binding issues like the V11R and V10R Ti+ seem plagued with.

In contrast, the main advantage of the V10R Ti+ / V11R seems to be:
    1. Light orange peel reflector - the beam is still ringy, but not as ringy as the smooth reflector in the RRT-01.

i guess those companys just giving their names and the flashlights from those companys were all build from the same factorys

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Considering that the RRT-01 in aluminum seems to be a better light than the Sunwayman V11R, this new titanium version of the RRT-01 looks beautiful.

Keep in mind that the RRT-01 has a number of advantages compared to a V11R or the V10R Ti+:
    1. RRT-01 can be operated one-handed without having to flip the light around in the hand after pressing the button since there is no button to press. The only control is the ring.
    2. RRT-01 has the lowest low of any light on the market, and a brighter high than the Sunwayman (514 lumens for V10R T+ compared to someone's measured 542 lumens for RRT-01).
    3. RRT-01 holds a larger battery (18350 compared to 16340 for the Sunwayman). Hopefully this should mean it has longer battery life despite having a larger current draw than the Sunwayman.
    4. RRT-01 is smaller than a V10R or V10R Ti+ / V11R.
    5. RRT-01 has a wider spillbeam due to its shallower reflector. Great for close-in work.
    6. RRT-01 does not have any metal tailcap binding issues like the V11R and V10R Ti+ seem plagued with.

In contrast, the main advantage of the V10R Ti+ / V11R seems to be:
    1. Light orange peel reflector - the beam is still ringy, but not as ringy as the smooth reflector in the RRT-01.

I think #1 is a big plus, that is the first thing that I wasn't comfortable with when I used the Ti+.

As far as #4, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...I find the V10R to be too small without the AA extender installed.

I find it really funny that the control ring without a tailcap switch is seen as a far better UI by some. I've seen it mentioned multiple times. I don't know about anyone else, but I find twisty lights annoyingly cumbersome compared to clicking a switch.The magnetic ring is only more ergonomic if you're used to holding lights in a traditional grip the entire time you're using them. I don't know about you, but cigar hold seems more practical and ergonomic to me, especially on smaller lights.

That said, I'm still waiting for my V10r+ preorder, and definitely keeping an eye on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulated View Post
    I find it really funny that the control ring without a tailcap switch is seen as a far better UI by some. I've seen it mentioned multiple times. I don't know about anyone else, but I find twisty lights annoyingly cumbersome compared to clicking a switch.The magnetic ring is only more ergonomic if you're used to holding lights in a traditional grip the entire time you're using them. I don't know about you, but cigar hold seems more practical and ergonomic to me, especially on smaller lights.

That said, I'm still waiting for my V10r+ preorder, and definitely keeping an eye on this one.

How do you work the ring one handed while using the cigar grip?

Enlightened

Having all the Ti versions of JetBeam, I can say that this one is a beauty... Just what I need for my collection. I also have all the Ti models from sunwayman, save for the new Ti+, and they are very nice and all, but JetBeam has a better designer, that is for sure...
    My lights: SureFire U2, L4, E1e, ARC LSH-P, ARC AAA, ARC AA, Inova T1, NUWAI QIII, CPF Edition ORB, Fenix L1P, Fenix L0P, AWR Nano and more to come

Enlightened

Strange thing, the light is on JetBeam's website, but nobody has it for pre-order...
    My lights: SureFire U2, L4, E1e, ARC LSH-P, ARC AAA, ARC AA, Inova T1, NUWAI QIII, CPF Edition ORB, Fenix L1P, Fenix L0P, AWR Nano and more to come

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Mike75 View Post
    Strange thing, the light is on JetBeam's website, but nobody has it for pre-order...
    I've just been offered by my local seller. I'm quite surprised to know the price is over USD 200. Don't know how much he got it though.

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    How do you work the ring one handed while using the cigar grip?
    Probably the best example would be HDS rotary ?

Quote Originally Posted by fabienne View Post
    I've just been offered by my local seller. I'm quite surprised to know the price is over USD 200. Don't know how much he got it though.
    Ouch! over 200? I might have to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by fabienne View Post

Probably the best example would be HDS rotary ?

But the control ring on a Ratory is in the tail, isn't it?

Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast