Battery Junction - Olight
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

Any issues with using an 16340 in this light?

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    True. It would also partially fill the keyring hole, though.

That's the one feature on this light I really didn't agree with, too big for keychain carry. I guess it can be used as a lanyard attachment point...
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jvc55349 View Post
    Any issues with using an 16340 in this light?
    16340 works fine in this light. The tube is wide enough that there will be a little play around the sides, but the spring is stiff enough the cell shouldn't rattle.

The tube is wide enough it will even fit 18350s.
    Last edited by Fireclaw18; 04-27-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Flashaholic*

LiIons work fine in the light, letting it get significantly brighter. The only downside is that when you run it at full power on a LiIon, it heats up fairly quickly.

Cool.....thanks for the replys......

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Tab View Post
    LiIons work fine in the light, letting it get significantly brighter. The only downside is that when you run it at full power on a LiIon, it heats up fairly quickly.
    Yes. I wouldn't recommend tailstanding the light and letting it sit on max power on an IMR 18350. The heat could damage the light. For that kind of cell, the light is best run at max power in short bursts. And preferably in your hand so your hand can help wick off heat.

so ya figure there is an extender comin?

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    That's the one feature on this light I really didn't agree with, too big for keychain carry. I guess it can be used as a lanyard attachment point...
    I agree, I'm just pointing out that the keyring hole's usability would be compromised by partially filling the tail with Norland.

18350 batteries do not work for me. My light functions perfectly with a cr123 or 16340 but today I received my order for an Ultrifire 18350 and the light malfunctioned with it in. First it would not go on then it blinked a few times and finally when it did come on it went out after about 10 seconds.
    Frightened that I might have damaged the light I removed the battery and installed a 16340. Happily, no damage was done.
    The 18350 fit perfectly but I will not be trying this larger battery again. It is not worth the risk.
    I have not seen anyone post that they are successfully using the 18350s but if they do work for anyone I'd like to know because that would mean my light has a problem that could worsen.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen View Post
    18350 batteries do not work for me. My light functions perfectly with a cr123 or 16340 but today I received my order for an Ultrifire 18350 and the light malfunctioned with it in. First it would not go on then it blinked a few times and finally when it did come on it went out after about 10 seconds.
    Frightened that I might have damaged the light I removed the battery and installed a 16340. Happily, no damage was done.
    The 18350 fit perfectly but I will not be trying this larger battery again. It is not worth the risk.
    I have not seen anyone post that they are successfully using the 18350s but if they do work for anyone I'd like to know because that would mean my light has a problem that could worsen.

See post # 277, I hope it's not the same problem I was having.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen View Post
    It might be a good idea to invest in better quality batteries. AW IMR 18350s work perfectly in both my RRT-01 and TCR-01

I was thinking about what you described when my light began acting in a similar fashion on the 18350,Tim, but so far no problems with a cr123 or 16340 for me.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    It might be a good idea to invest in better quality batteries. AW IMR 18350s work perfectly in both my RRT-01 and TCR-01
    I appreciate the info.
    AW doesn't sell a li-on 18350 and I don't need the boost of an IMR so I think I'll stick with the 16340s

Well, I think I now understand what happened. Fireclaw18 is correct. The Ultrafire battery read 4.17 volts on my multimeter just before I installed it, i just checked it again and it read 0.97 volts.
    It seems that crappy batteries purchased on ebay are worthless and I will not make that mistake again.

It could be a protection-circuit malfunction. Have you tried recharging it?

Sounds like the amp draw was too much for the battery and the protection circuit kicked in, I've had cheap batteries do this.

These orange color wrap batteries are not protected. I just tested it, twice, again. It has been resting since my last post. The first reading was 3.9 volts. One minute later it read 0.87 volts. It is going into the recycle bin and I'll ask the seller for a refund and dispute the $9 charge with paypal if that fails.

I understand, I have the orange ones with no problems. You must have got a bad one.

Yep, that's what I think too. This isn't a popular size and they probably sat on the dealers shelf for too long without a charge.
    I have purchased protected Ultrafire 18650s, in the past, and never had a probem with any of them, Popular sizes sell more quickly.

I picked up some of the Orange 18350's from BJ and they work great in my TCR01. Did you charge them before you used them?

-Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Same here. No problems with the exact same batts & lights. I love that the 18350 cells fit perfectly in such a small light.
    Brian

After getting an HDS, other flashlights seem much less relevant (Except for some of the really special lights found on CPF!)
    When things are really dark, a dim light for a long time is much better than a blinding light for a short time.

I gotta be honest, the IMR18350s don't really appeal to me. They hold the same charge as an RCR16340 in a larger package. RCRs are perfectly safe as long as the protection circuits aren't bypassed and they aren't allowed to sit and self-discharge for months on end. I only use IMRs when I need super-high output.

Quote Originally Posted by juplin View Post
    My TC-R1 with trits installed

Trits lighting at midnight

Very nice! Did you use norland? I have some on the way, gonna see what I can do with 2x8s, or maybe just use 1.5x5s, Not going to use a lanyard so it wont be a factor.

Unenlightened

Received my TCR-1 today at an introductory price limited to the first few orders. Nice, light, smooooth, in short, Ti! I love Ti lights and much prefer the TCR-1 over my recently received Sunwayman V10R Ti+ with the truly galling pita switch, which tuned out to be a disappointment. JetBeam proved to be smart enough to go for a pure rotary switch with no galling of Ti on a Ti clicky, smart move!

Really look forward to night-time today!

Might have to buy a second TCR-1, to have one as a display-case queen.

I will certainly refrain from buying a Sunwayman Ti light for a long time, especially after the disappointment with the Ti+ and the Ti˛.

Do not forget to Check-out that stellar Jetbeam "Do Not Drop" Warranty policy before you invest 200 Bones on this flashlight...I'm, just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by JPHIII View Post
    Do not forget to Check-out that stellar Jetbeam "Do Not Drop" Warranty policy before you invest 200 Bones on this flashlight...I'm, just sayin...

INACCURATE COMMENTS DELETED.
    Last edited by Bullzeyebill; 04-28-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Post was inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by Larbo View Post
    Very nice! Did you use norland? I have some on the way, gonna see what I can do with 2x8s, or maybe just use 1.5x5s, Not going to use a lanyard so it wont be a factor.
    I use transparent nail polish to glue the trits.
    Details in the following
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post3933511

Quote Originally Posted by JPHIII View Post
    You must enlighten me on this. I downloaded the TCR1 manual from JB's main web site and there is nothing I can find in the warranty section about any sort of "Do Not Drop" warranty policy.

Quote Originally Posted by skatenut View Post
    Received my TCR-1 today at an introductory price limited to the first few orders. Nice, light, smooooth, in short, Ti! I love Ti lights and much prefer the TCR-1 over my recently received Sunwayman V10R Ti+ with the truly galling pita switch, which tuned out to be a disappointment. JetBeam proved to be smart enough to go for a pure rotary switch with no galling of Ti on a Ti clicky, smart move!

Really look forward to night-time today!

Might have to buy a second TCR-1, to have one as a display-case queen.

I will certainly refrain from buying a Sunwayman Ti light for a long time, especially after the disappointment with the Ti+ and the Ti˛.
    The problem with the V10R switch has less to do with the metal on metal contact than it does with poor execution - too short a distance for contact to keep it from tilting, too loose on the fit, exacerbating the first problem, and poor finishing.

If JetBeam were to have done the V10R design I'm 100% positive there would be few if any complaints over their switching.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    If JetBeam were to have done the V10R design I'm 100% positive there would be few if any complaints over their switching.
    Doesn't the JB TCR3 have the Ti button at the tail? Did people ever complain about it for something similar?