Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

swan

Banned
Just noticed this on the jetbeam website- damn waiting on my sunwayman ti plus and this comes out.

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
I asked them last week if they were coming out with a ti xml light and they said no and here it is!

SENT FROM MY HTC THUNDERBOLT USING TAPATALK

Coup de Grace

Newly Enlightened
Great looking light.
I'm guessing the price would be around the price of the SWM Ti+.
I just wondering how the "momentary on" feature work with this light.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Oh for Christmas sakes...I'm waiting on my Sunwayman Ti+ to arrive and JB comes out with this? They're killing me. Couldn't they have come out with this light just a few weeks sooner?

I was on the fence about the RRT-01, but it looks like a stunner in the Ti version. Interesting that they're using a SMO reflector in such a small light. Looks like April is going to be worse than I expected...:broke:

On the plus side, I'm hoping this means they'll come up with a Ti version of the RRT-0 XM-L. That would be even better.

Photo is from Jetbeam's website:

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive been pushing my friend in Jetbeam to reveal the pricing for this limited edition light, but so far, no word yet as to how much it will go for.

what i do KNOW, is that there is only 1000 units manufactured, SO GET IN LINE PEOPLE! :p

fabienne

Enlightened
tcr1_En4.jpg

isn't the feature pretty much the same as rrt-0 xm-l ?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone notice the control ring looks exactly like the Sunwayman, down to the shape of the cutouts?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone notice the control ring looks exactly like the Sunwayman, down to the shape of the cutouts?

I was about to say the same thing. It's possible the Jetbeam's grooves are slightly wider, but it's hard to tell from the pictures.

36.jpg

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Sunwayman semi-clone
Clip blocks control ring
Smooth reflector, be a pretty beam lol
No tailcap switch but they added the extra length anyway......
It's nice to see a Ti light I don't instantly want to buy

what would be good to know it's when and where from it will be available....

I did a quick round of the dealers and it was nowhere announced yet

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not to rain on this for you, but Jetbeam has been using this aesthetic for a lot longer than SWM has even been around.

In not so many words: SWM "borrowed" the aesthetic from JB. Truth be told though, I have a sneaking suspicion that SWM is also owned by the same company that owns Nitecore and Jetbeam.

robeden

Newly Enlightened
I asked them last week if they were coming out with a ti xml light and they said no and here it is

that figures right?
I just emailed them last night asking about the possibility of an extender for the rrt-01 to fit an 18650 and they said no. Here's hoping they do the same thing and an extender comes out next week!!