Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

Default Re: Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

Mine shipped today as well from goinggear. Looking forward to it, should be a nice edc light.

Quote Originally Posted by jvc55349 View Post
    Gonna be hard not to open the package...... I'm lookin to trade mine.....
    If it's packaged like every other Jetbeam then it will come in a cardboard box with a magnetic clasp, or a plastic box with a plastic clasp. Either way, you can open it to check proper functionality, then trade it or return it for RMA if it's broken.

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    Not sure who paid that much, but I certainly didn't...
    How much did you get it for? If the price is right, I'd buy one. As I said in the 1st post, I like the way it looks, I like the fact that it's made of Ti and all, I just dont know if I want to spend an extra bunch of money, cause I have other, more pressing (garbage) to spend that money on right now. Like a plane ticket to FL for vacation next month, a better laser than the inexpensive 3 pack of green, red and violet lasers I got in a few days ago(30mW, 40mW, <100mW respectively), now I want a 200mW green one, a new picatinny scope mount adapter rail, and, I want(not need) an Eagletac G25C2, and thats all aside from my regular bills, which are high now.

If someone wants to help me pay for that other stuff, I'll gladly buy the Ti flashlight! Do we have a deal?
    Last edited by HighlanderNorth; 04-17-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aau007 View Post
    The same logic can be applied to the SWM Ti+. Except the Ti+ is about 100% more than its AL version, V10r, which you can get for $82. Bet you did not buy the Ti+ if you have that logic.

rrt21 is infinitely adjustable, so is rrt0-s2, rrt0-xml, rrt01, tcr1.
    It wouldve been difficult to buy the SWM Ti+, considering I'd never heard of it til now.....But, I did try to look it up to see some info on it by doing a basic Google search for: "SWM Ti+ for sale", and I got nothing except 2 posts from here talking about it, but no sellers on the google list. I guess it just came out...... I looked up the Skilhunt lights a while ago, and they were so new I couldnt find any sellers for them either at that time.......

The official name is "Sunwayman V10R Ti+". It is currently experiencing reconstructive surgery after some birth defects.

Anyway, as I said before, the benefit of titanium is you can treat it like crap and it won't care. Even the cheap alloys are nearly as strong as steel and half the weight, and the good alloys are much stronger than steel and still half the weight. If that's worth something to you, great; if not, great.

For me, the advantage of titanium is I can buy a light I like the look of, use it for years, and still have it look good. Whereas, if I were to buy the aluminum version, I would have to buy at least two because the anodizing will wear off the one I use and it will look much worse for wear. Just buying another one in a couple years isn't a viable option because there is no guarantee there will be any lights I like at that point. I already went through that once with Arc Flashlight. So a single light I can enjoy using for years without concern is certainly worth the cost of multiple lights that will wear out faster and I might never be able to find again.
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 04-18-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderNorth View Post
    Granted it looks cool, its made of Ti, it's limited edition and all.............But it's way overpriced for what you get. Its just the Ti version of the RRT-01, which is made of aluminum and isnt new. Even the RRT-01 is overpriced for what it is.

The TCR-01 is $180! You can get another Jetbeam FL with similar features and power for almost 1/3 that price....

Its for that reason I wouldnt buy it. I do like the look of it though, but I'd buy an RRT-21 for $110 or so. It gets better battery life and is infinitely adjustable.
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderNorth View Post
    If someone wants to help me pay for that other stuff, I'll gladly buy the Ti flashlight! Do we have a deal?
    It sounds like you're having a hard time making up your mind, but more importantly you probably shouldn't be looking for more things to add to your financial problems. This is the first time I've ever said this, but you may want to talk to someone about your buying habits.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

damn double
    Last edited by Ragnar66; 04-18-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    If it's packaged like every other Jetbeam then it will come in a cardboard box with a magnetic clasp, or a plastic box with a plastic clasp. Either way, you can open it to check proper functionality, then trade it or return it for RMA if it's broken.
    I'm scared I might not want to trade it off if I start it up!

My tracking just changed status to "Out for delivery".

Frantically charging battery now.

I have this mental image of you madly sprinting on a treadmill connected to a generator connected to a battery charger. That's the only way I can imagine anyone "frantically" charging a battery.

Quote Originally Posted by jvc55349 View Post
    I'm scared I might not want to trade it off if I start it up!
    That is an entirely different problem.

I would not buy a light from a private seller unless they could prove it works. Since I wouldn't be the original owner, I wouldn't have the option to RMA the light if it doesn't work. Admittedly not everyone thinks the way I do, but your pool of potential customers gets dramatically smaller if you can't guarantee the product you're selling actually works.
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 04-18-2012 at 10:42 AM.

GRRR

Still waiting for my shipping notice from Going Gear

*taps foot impatiently*

They told me that the batch they received was not enough to cover all orders so now we have to wait more and they didn't specify a time frame and this is actually a bit frustrating since I tend to be attached mentally on the date I was promised off

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    GRRR

Still waiting for my shipping notice from Going Gear

*taps foot impatiently*

Mine still shows as leaving NC
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

I think your right. I will have to check it out! I'll wear gloves.......

Quote Originally Posted by jalal20 View Post
    They told me that the batch they received was not enough to cover all orders so now we have to wait more and they didn't specify a time frame and this is actually a bit frustrating since I tend to be attached mentally on the date I was promised off
    Call LJ to see if they have stock to ship out today. If so, cancel GG and order from LJ.

Call LJ to see if they have stock to ship out today. If so, cancel GG and order from LJ.
    LJ doesnt ship to my country and I don't like their CS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    I have this mental image of you madly sprinting on a treadmill connected to a generator connected to a battery charger. That's the only way I can imagine anyone "frantically" charging a battery.
    "Frantically" as in:

1. I have more lights than batteries, so I had to take them out from other lights, which were partially charged.
    2. I had to leave for work so I had to quick charge the batteries to get as much mah in in the shortest possible time.
    3. I don't like leaving batteries in the charger charging when no one will be around if s*** hits the fan.
    4. Most importantly, I need to bring the batteries with me since the light is out for delivery to my work place and I don't have any batteries there.

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    Mine still shows as leaving NC
    I think my order was in front of yours and I know mine was processed late on Monday. In fact, it may have JUST made the Monday shipping cutoff.

BTW, as of late last night, my tracking still said NC and this morning, there were like 5 trackings showed up with the last one saying out for delivery. I was very skeptical last night when I saw tracking info still at NC but ETA said 4/18.

Order mine yesterday afternoon and got a tracking number this morning.
    Cannot wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Larbo View Post
    Order mine yesterday afternoon and got a tracking number this morning.
    Cannot wait.
    Where did you order from?

I didn't order from GG because they weren't accepting their discount for this light where other dealers were. Mine should hopefully arrive today.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    Where did you order from?
    LightJunction

Flashaholic*

I didn't get a tracking number from Going Gear, but Marshall told me that my light shipped. I guess it might depend on how you check out.

Mine just arrived, 18350's fit just fine. Lovely little light.
    Semper Fi

Just got a call back from Going Gear.

My light shipped out yesterday!!

Hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week
    Last edited by Fireclaw18; 04-18-2012 at 01:15 PM.

"Frantically" as in:

1. I have more lights than batteries, so I had to take them out from other lights, which were partially charged.
    2. I had to leave for work so I had to quick charge the batteries to get as much mah in in the shortest possible time.
    3. I don't like leaving batteries in the charger charging when no one will be around if s*** hits the fan.
    4. Most importantly, I need to bring the batteries with me since the light is out for delivery to my work place and I don't have any batteries there.
    Your reasonable explanation is less funny than my imagined scenario. I win.

Looks like mine was shipped via USPS First Class snail mail, not expected until the 20th
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

I have to say, the tint isn't nearly as nice as my SWM V10R Ti+ U2 (or regular V10R T6). Very green compared to those two. Also the control ring isn't as smooth on mine, it has a little grittiness that hopefully will smooth out over time. The pocket clip is very sturdy, although the top sticks up a little higher that the chamfer on the tail of the light so there's a lip there. All in all it's still a nice light.
    Semper Fi

Green??? Noooooo, I hope they are not all green.