No get togethers in the midwest?

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
East coast meetings,West coast meetings, south meetings? Isn't there any flashaholics in the midwest? I live in IL and even though I have never met anybody else with this hobby I know they have to be out there. So chime in....maybe a meet for the people in the middle of the country can be made.:)

SENT FROM MY HTC THUNDERBOLT USING TAPATALK

biglights

Enlightened
I am also am from Illinois. All my buddies think that my lights are pretty cool, but they dont see it as a hobby as I do. Oh well their loss, lol!!!

Viper715

Enlightened
Mid Missouri here and would love to have a central meet sometime. A get together and show off the stuff we own to people that don't think we're nuts. I guess we could just put it together ourselves. What are some locations and dates you all would like.

I'd say either St. Louis or Chicago. Maybe KC or Nashville depending on where the biggest group would come from. Any ideas.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm currently in Indiana, though I'll be back in Kansas after this summer. I'd definitely be interested in a midwest get-together.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in the Chicago area and a get together in the midwest would be great. I can't beleive there aren't enough people interested that we couldn't make this happen.

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
Chime in people. We can do it!

I'm in the Columbus, Ohio area.

Based on the handful of responses to date, it appears that Indiana may be the most centerally located venue. Anybody care to identify a good Indiana park? I know from experience that Turkey Run State Park (55 miles west of Indianapolis) has both campsite and "lodge" accommodations available. Lots of dark after sunset, with an interesting trail along a rushing stream for daylight activity. The park also offers excellent picnic facilities, and has some sports facilities (although the specifics escape my memory). No doubt there are other, equally worthy parks available to play in. (Indiana Dunes comes immediately to mind.)

Thoughts?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard good things about Turkey Run, but I've never been there myself. Depending on the date, I would be up for a weekend at Turkey Run.

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
I was there last week. Great place to have a meet.

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm in SE WI. I'd maybe drive to northern IL or something for a GTG, but Indiana is pretty far given my nutty schedule.

benm11

Newly Enlightened
Columbus Ohio for me. I wouldn't really have time to travel but if anyone local would ever like to meet up, pm me!