Flashlight Mods are alot like eCig Mods

SLEdie

Newly Enlightened
Any of the custom toolers or machinist here ever worked on or made parts for an eCig? I figured I see talk in the topic "other", but nothing I could find.

I've been doing lots of research on a particular Mod based off a design called the Genesis. Please reply with a good place to source parts. I'm new to the flashlight areana and don't know how to figure the threading and caps. How do you guys know what will fit on what?

Basically a Genesis Mod is a 3.7v battery connected for 10 seconds or less to a piece of Kanthal 32g wire. The wire is wrapped around a piece of rolled SS mesh that acts as a wick for the propolene glycol or vetetable glycerine that is in a tank below the reaction. The heat produced by the wire causes the liquid to vaporize but not burn.

The idea for coming here is to not re-invent the wheel, there are lots of flashlights that run 3.7v. Most are in very small form, clean design and already mechanically mastered.
If confused, google: Genesis Mods; Zenesis, Katana, Orion, Liquidator or Reo. These all sell for well over $100, but with readily available parts could be DIY at a fraction of cost.

elvapo

Newly Enlightened
Any of the custom toolers or machinist here ever worked on or made parts for an eCig? I figured I see talk in the topic "other", but nothing I could find.

I've been doing lots of research on a particular Mod based off a design called the Genesis. Please reply with a good place to source parts. I'm new to the flashlight areana and don't know how to figure the threading and caps. How do you guys know what will fit on what?

Basically a Genesis Mod is a 3.7v battery connected for 10 seconds or less to a piece of Kanthal 32g wire. The wire is wrapped around a piece of rolled SS mesh that acts as a wick for the propolene glycol or vetetable glycerine that is in a tank below the reaction. The heat produced by the wire causes the liquid to vaporize but not burn.

The idea for coming here is to not re-invent the wheel, there are lots of flashlights that run 3.7v. Most are in very small form, clean design and already mechanically mastered.
If confused, google: Genesis Mods; Zenesis, Katana, Orion, Liquidator or Reo. These all sell for well over $100, but with readily available parts could be DIY at a fraction of cost.

Hi SLEdie,

Do I understand correctly that you are interested in designing and building Ecig mods and atomizers? If so, and you would like some help, please let me know.

elvapo

SLEdie

Newly Enlightened
Hi SLEdie,

Do I understand correctly that you are interested in designing and building Ecig mods and atomizers? If so, and you would like some help, please let me know.

elvapo

I am very interested. I have made a few and working on another right now. My first few attempts were of brass pipe and fittings. They work well, but could be smaller and better looking. Currently I'm working on a flashlight body modification, turning it into a ecig. Unfortunately, I'm waiting on another flashlight because I removed too much material and broke it at the created weak point.

My goal is to perfect a design that could be built from readily available parts, allowing for only minor tooling or modifications to said parts.

I'd love to have a lathed out stainless steel version. Nothing like a no worries life time product. I would've bought a lathe already if I could find a person to teach me or a class to attend. HarborFrieght sells a mini lathe for $500, it's perfect for these size jobs.