Have you ever forgot your flashlight when you really needed it

davyro

Enlightened
I'm asking this because tonight i had some work to do on a shop front & the entrance to the shop was covered in & dark,all i needed was one of my lights on a medium setting for the work i needed to get finished.
Well i forgot my EDC & the job took twice as long & i'll have to go back in the morning to check the job looks alright.The job was in the next city to where i live so i'll get caught in all of the traffic going into the city,
I'll be losing time & money for the simple reason i forgot one of my lights :fail:

LGT

Enlightened
Yes I have. While it wasn't a dire situation, not having one of my thirty or so lights, of which I'll usually carry three or four, caused me to feel like a hapless imbecile. The power went out in a Grocery store and I had no flashlights. After patting down all of my pockets to find nothing, my only thought was "you've gotta be kidding me." Though the lights came back on within thirty seconds, I couldn't believe that I was shrouded by darkness with nary a light.

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you believe that I even carry lights to Church.....Except this last Sunday. I was running late and didn't grab any. I always usher. I walked in and within one minute someone said the mens room light is out! Totally absolute dark in there. I hung my head in shame. We managed to take a bulb from a low ceiling in the lobby, by getting the tallest guy in church to stand on a chair and get a bulb.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
@Lighthouse, I usually do the same, lol. But just the other day it happened at my aunt's, the power went out, and my whole family was like "where's David". I'd forgotten my lights on my desk :( luckily, I've got a phone with a couple of led's that eclipse the brightness of Nichias...phew! Flipped the breakers back on, and dinner went on without a hitch. I gotta say though...I've never felt more naked than being in the dark without packing some respectable lumens in my pockets. Heck, even having my Mag Solitaire would have been better!

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
No, but my RRT-0 XML with aggressive bezel, AA extender and Ti clip is just sitting in front of my keyboard at work. The cleaners better leave it alone. In my haste of playing with the RRT-01, I left it there!

Norm

Retired Administrator
I feel I'm not completely dressed without my EDC or iPhone.

Norm

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope.

The Streamlight Microstream is an option (there are of course others) that's small enough to EDC unobtrusively but bright enough to do the job most of the time.

And there's usually room in a coat pocket for something with a tad more oomph and then some.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't remember forgetting my EDC light on a day I needed it, but my cousin (lurking flahaholic) once left the house with his dad to go fix something (light?) in a friend's closet and they both left without a flashlight. 2 minutes into the job my uncle looks at my cousin and says "we have tons of very pretty flashlights ... at home. It's very practical to have them at home..."

Harry999

Enlightened
I don't think I am ever without a light these days. There is usually something on a keychain or in my pocket. Even at night I have a small light on a neck lanyard and another clipped to my t-shirt collar with a P7 Suspension clip.

someguy4747

Newly Enlightened
This is a reoccurring nightmare of mine! Ha ha I pretty much always take a light with me. Sometimes when I am lounging around the house I will find myself without one momentarily but there are always lights near by.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Keep a tiny light on yer' Keychain.

That way -- you'll *always* have something !

Xacto

Enlightened
Well, since I usually have my car keys with me, I at least have access to a Fenix E05. Until a few weeks ago I did carry an additional Fenix E01 that I sealed in foil deep in my pants pockets as an emergency long-lasting light. I have to renew the foil / shrinkwrap and start carrying it again.

I case I should forget my EDC Surefire 6P on my belt and the one for my coat pocket, I have a SF G2L in both EDC bags I usually take with me. Add another Surefire G2 in yellow with the P60 incan bulb to the glove box in my car.....

Cheers
Thorsten

Richub

Enlightened
My Fenix E05 lives in my jeans pocket, so forgetting that one equals forgetting to put my jeans on. ;)

I once visited a friend, and since it was a warm summers day, I only had that E05 with me. (no coat, so no coat pockets to carry more lights...)
Late that evening we wanted to go on a night walk, but since an E05 and a maglite solitaire was all we had with us, we decided not to go... :(

lafirefighter

Newly Enlightened
Absolutely, it always seems to be the case. You're most in need when you're least prepared. As someone else pointed out, that's why I carry a small backup LED on my keyring.

davyro

Enlightened
I have a small light on my keyring but it wasn't bright enough for me to see all of the job i was doing,i usually use a jetbeam BC10 or a Xeno E03 for work as they're my cheapest lights & they both light up a good area easily.
With me working in construction i don't want to ruin any of my more expensive lights with paint, plaster,mortar & any amount of dust.The 2 lights i use for work are great at what they do why i didn't have one of them God
only knows as i carry an EDC light 24/7 any other time:shrug:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup. I drove across town to help a friend fix a PC and knew I had my two EDC lights on me. Well....I had the lights, but the brighter of the two had no battery. I'd taken the 10440 out to charge and not replaced it. Fortunately I had a small, cheap light as well, and I used that. 2 =1 and 1= 0! Can't be too prepared!

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, and I am not sure that I ever "really needed" a flashlight unless I was camping. In town or at home I don't remember that a flashlight was ever critical.
Jerry

Norm

Retired Administrator
No, and I am not sure that I ever "really needed" a flashlight unless I was camping. In town or at home I don't remember that a flashlight was ever critical.
Jerry
You've never dropped something small in a dark corner or tried to look for something in the darkest corner of a cupboard?

I find that a bright flashlight shone at an acute angle the ideal way to find a small pill dropped on the floor, even in a brightly lit room.

Norm

Last edited: