Are you ready for the Apocalypse ?

Wrend

Enlightened
Vampires Vs. Werewolves; Ninjas Vs. Pirates; Zombies Vs... Robots? I'm thinking so. They don't have flesh/brains.

Now, to start work on my zombie slaying robot hoards.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Oh man, I need to make improvements on my zombie virus now... :sigh:

They're rotting flesh. Sail to an island, stay there for at least 5 years. When you come back, everyone who was a zombie will have rotted away enough to no longer be a threat. Best zombie virus is . . . Time itself.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stick through the winter up north. Not being smart enough to operate a heating system, they should freeze up pretty solid.

ledmitter

Enlightened
"When those who have no life are no longer being fed and cared for by Uncle Sugar, they will roam the streets looking for victims to feed upon. We already see the vacant glassy eyes staring out at us from those who have lost the will to live."

ZOMBIES!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
"When those who have no life are no longer being fed and cared for by Uncle Sugar, they will roam the streets looking for victims to feed upon. We already see the vacant glassy eyes staring out at us from those who have lost the will to live."

ZOMBIES!

No, those are just crackheads. :(

Ilikelite

Newly Enlightened
All I have to say is if they are fast zombies it's over. You know how hard it is to hit a moving target in the head with a pistol?

SENT FROM MY HTC THUNDERBOLT USING TAPATALK

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in the zombie metaphor, it seems like it's tailor made to fit our anxieties of being surrounded by so many people in modern cities, while at the same time knowing fewer and fewer of our neighbors. 21st Century Schizoid Man. It's a plot device to plop the viewer into the scenario where the masses are crazy, dehumanized, alien...
I wonder if we could correlate the popularity of the zombie with "mixing pot" cultures, do they have the same appeal in homogenious societies? We also might be collectively imagining some kind of resource crunch, or fears of another airborne pandemic like the Spanish Flu.

thanks for the movie Sub Umbra.

+1 about fast zombies, very problematic.

"Game over man, game over!"
"We're dog meat, maaaan!"
"I don't know if you've been keeping score, but we just got our @ss!s kicked"
"Let's just bug out and call it even man! What are we even talking about this for?"
-Pvt. Hudson, "Aliens"

Last edited:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in the zombie metaphor, it seems like it's tailor made to fit our anxieties of being surrounded by so many people in modern cities, while at the same time knowing fewer and fewer of our neighbors...
I think the zombie metaphor fits well into the near universal Apocalypse fears most cultures and religions seem to revel in.

John Michael Greer's Archdruid Report (not a religious blog) has archives that go back ~6 years and throughout he comes back to our cultural narratives of Apocalypse as part of a recurring theme.

Last edited:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sub Umbra, you might like this lecture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddmQhIiVM48

"The Collapse of Complex Societies" -Tainter

I like Ferfal's blogspot page, although he has since 'escaped' his situation. He wrote a book as well, but the blog is a good read for surviving a 'likely' scenario of decaying infrastructure and increasing crime in cities. There is a certain political bent to it, but it may be popular here. Either way, PM me but don't bog down the thread.