BlackShadow
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Custom Delrin switch parts for Sunwayman V10R Ti + and V11R LED lights

Default Re: Custom Delrin Button Covers for Sunwayman V10R Ti +

Paypal sent.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    Paypal sent.
    Payment received - thanks. Already packaged, and went out just in time with today's USPS mail guy

Will
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

Will,

Just recieved and installed the new retaining ring and I really like it. In fact i'm very fond of both mods! I had a bit of trouble getting the new ring in, but with some finess, slightly larger pliers, and a bit more pressure, everything went in. Initially it didn't screw in far enough and wouldn't tail stand flat, and without acctivating if you pressed it down. Screwing the ring in a bit more ( i was being too gentle ) solved it.

This really is the way this should have come from the factory. Now when i get my V11R HI-CRI I can use the tail-cap kit and i'll have two great lights. Thanks Will.

[UPDATE] having properly installing the retaining ring and trying my best to cause an activation failure or jam, i have not found a way to mess it up. As far as i can tell this is solves the issue 100%. Even mashing my fat fingers between the rim of the light and the Ti tail-cap causes a normal activation.

-- Adam
    Last edited by tatteredmidnight; 04-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.

$$$ on the way! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tatteredmidnight View Post
    Will,

Just recieved and installed the new retaining ring and I really like it. In fact i'm very fond of both mods! I had a bit of trouble getting the new ring in, but with some finess, slightly larger pliers, and a bit more pressure, everything went in. Initially it didn't screw in far enough and wouldn't tail stand flat, and without acctivating if you pressed it down. Screwing the ring in a bit more ( i was being too gentle ) solved it.

This really is the way this should have come from the factory. Now when i get my V11R HI-CRI I can use the tail-cap kit and i'll have two great lights. Thanks Will.

[UPDATE] having properly installing the retaining ring and trying my best to cause an activation failure or jam, i have not found a way to mess it up. As far as i can tell this is solves the issue 100%. Even mashing my fat fingers between the rim of the light and the Ti tail-cap causes a normal activation.

-- Adam
    Thanks Adam - I am glad my replacement ring is working well for you. The V10R is a very nice light, with a great size and great UI, but that Ti on Ti switch was definitely a weak point that should have been addressed before going into production.

Quote Originally Posted by bkrontz View Post
    $$$ on the way! Thanks!
    Payment received (thanks) - goes out tomorrow Saturday

Will
    Last edited by wquiles; 04-27-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com. Please visit my new website.

I received my retaining ring kit today, and unfortunately I cross thread it during installation It's installed and working, not sure I'll ever be able to take it off though.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Oh man, sorry to hear Tim. I have installed/removed every single one before sending out, so I had a lot of practice, but it is not trivial. You should be able to remove it, but make sure you apply strong pressure down with the pliers to keep the tips from leaving the small holes and scratching everything up.

The best tip I can think off to prevent cross threading is to thread the piece in two steps:
    1) Start screwing the ring backwards first, very slowly, until you feel the slight bump of the threads aligning. What I do is that I keep the thin-nose pliers aligned and steady, and rotate the body against a flat surface (bench), which ensures that the alignment from the pliers remains true.
    2) Then start screwing the part normally, which should go really easy now since the threads were aligned by the prior state.

In fact I will add these tips to the first post.

Will
    Last edited by wquiles; 04-27-2012 at 10:06 PM.

I removed it, and tightened it back down. The threads are a bit worked, but not destroyed.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    I removed it, and tightened it back down. The threads are a bit worked, but not destroyed.
    Glad to hear - thanks much for the update

Delrin is pretty forgiving when it comes to threads, since it can mold/adapt somewhat given it is somewhat flexible.

Will

Delrin is a great material. I run a CCI Phantom pump marker playing Paintball, and the Delrin parts have withstood a LOT of abuse! The breech of the marker is a Delrin block with no threads, fitted with a slightly conically threaded aluminum tube. I've threaded and unthreaded the tube countless times, and it still holds strong.

Delrin is also what the slider bars on most motorcycles are made of

Via iPhone & Tapatalk

Mine threaded easily for about 2/3. Then I had to use a good deal of force.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Custom Delrin switch parts for Sunwayman V10R Ti + and V11R LED lights

Quote Originally Posted by tatteredmidnight View Post
    Mine threaded easily for about 2/3. Then I had to use a good deal of force.
    Yup, towards the end you are compressing the wave washer and a little of the rubber button cover, so force towards the end is naturally higher. Plus I am sure there are minute differences from host to host, so I would expect a few rings to take a little bit more force to screw down.

Default Re: Custom Delrin switch parts for Sunwayman V10R Ti + and V11R LED lights

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulated View Post
    Would also like to be placed on the list for a retaining ring.
    Your retaining ring is ready, just waiting for payment so that I can ship it out to you

Will

Payment sent today with forum name/shipping info.

Via iPhone & Tapatalk

Payment sent today with forum name/shipping info.

Via iPhone & Tapatalk
    Please check your email. I got $35 via Paypal which would cover the Delrin button, but not the Delrin ring which is $44 with First class shipping. Can you please let me know which one you wanted?

Thanks,
    Will

It was for the Delrin ring, I sent a second payment tonight. Sorry for the confusion, I'd be happy to wait till you ship the next batch since it was my mistake.

Via iPhone & Tapatalk

It was for the Delrin ring, I sent a second payment tonight. Sorry for the confusion, I'd be happy to wait till you ship the next batch since it was my mistake.

Via iPhone & Tapatalk
    No worries man. I ship from home most of the time, so your package leaves today Tuesday

Will

Sigh Re: Custom Delrin switch parts for Sunwayman V10R Ti + and V11R LED lights

Hi Will,

I got my ring kit tonight and things didn't go well. I was mindful of the previous posts and thought I found that bump you mentioned before threading it... then I gently started screwing it in, but it was tight... so I backed out and tried again... no more bump... couldn't find it again... didn't seem like it was lining up for the next half dozen attempts. Eventually, I thought I had it going in right... but soon realized that I'd crossthreaded this little guy into a place where it won't thread correctly. I can't get it to go very far at all before it starts to lop-side badly. What should I do? I think this is ruined.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Will,

I got my ring kit tonight and things didn't go well. I was mindful of the previous posts and thought I found that bump you mentioned before threading it... then I gently started screwing it in, but it was tight... so I backed out and tried again... no more bump... couldn't find it again... didn't seem like it was lining up for the next half dozen attempts. Eventually, I thought I had it going in right... but soon realized that I'd crossthreaded this little guy into a place where it won't thread correctly. I can't get it to go very far at all before it starts to lop-side badly. What should I do? I think this is ruined.

Thanks,

Brian
    Brian,

I would really like to try to make this purchase work for you - can you please send me your battery tube? I would love to have the opportunity to make/fit a ring that will work on your host.

If you still have the packaging (or the business card that I included), that has my address. Ship the body (no need to send the head) back to me in Texas at your earliest convenience

Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for the super fast reply! I do have your card and will mail off my tube asap. Thank you so much for working with me on this!

Brian

Hi Will,

Thanks for the super fast reply! I do have your card and will mail off my tube asap. Thank you so much for working with me on this!

Brian
    Excellent. Please include with the battery tube/body "all" of the original parts/rings/buttons/switch/spacers/etc. including the Delrin pieces. I am confident I will make this right for you

Will

Will do. Be forewarned that, after initial post, I figured I'd try one last ditch effort to force the thing on... it kinda looks like The Hulk took a swing at it. :/

Will do. Be forewarned that, after initial post, I figured I'd try one last ditch effort to force the thing on... it kinda looks like The Hulk took a swing at it. :/
    No worries man

And that folks is called customer service.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Received my Delrin rings yesterday, I´ll try to get them mounted this week-end and post a little feed-back.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.snakeman View Post
    Received my Delrin rings yesterday, I´ll try to get them mounted this week-end and post a little feed-back.
    Excellent - that did not take too long

When you try the rings, if they feel too tight, you can always "lightly" sand the outside of the threads on fine sandpaper (like 600-1000 grit). This will take off very small amount of material (less than 0.001") and should make them a little easier to screw down. I only mention this since a few hosts seem to be really tight in the thread area, so keep that in mind

Will

Installed mine yesterday, easy to do with a pair of round-nose pliers with a close o.d. to the dimples. Mine did take some torquing to get it down far enough to fit a paracord lanyard.

I may remove it and sand it down a little for more lanyard hole real estate, but fitment is great--I was able to get the clip on. Tight fit and took a little reaming with the screws, but it works great. Switch is very smooth now.

Via iPhone & Tapatalk

Installed mine yesterday, easy to do with a pair of round-nose pliers with a close o.d. to the dimples. Mine did take some torquing to get it down far enough to fit a paracord lanyard.

I may remove it and sand it down a little for more lanyard hole real estate, but fitment is great--I was able to get the clip on. Tight fit and took a little reaming with the screws, but it works great. Switch is very smooth now.

Via iPhone & Tapatalk
    Smoothness is the goal - thanks for the feedback

Your host arrived last Friday, and I fitted a new Delrin ring Friday night. Your package left Saturday via Priority Mail, so you should be receiving it shortly

Will

Just wanted to give Will a big THANK YOU! He didn't have to go out of his way to help me out, and certainly didn't have to pay for half of the shipping, when I fubar'd my ring kit. He even turned it around in a day! There aren't many people left who are generous when it comes to business. Thank you sir!

Brian

so, this should go without saying, but I'm sure your solution is infinitely better than the new "care package" SWM is giving out to owners?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar