Phoenix Electroforms
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, I've Finally Done It.

Default Re: OK, I've Finally Done It.

ok, the wind was mild tonight so the cam would stay steady.... here's the cloud bounce!!!

Cloud Ceiling here in Wausau WI when this was taken was 2600 Ft. so not bad in my opinion.
    Last edited by FRITZHID; 04-16-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

Congratulations - This is always the funnest part!
    I like big bulbs and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny!

Quote Originally Posted by get-lit View Post
    Congratulations - This is always the funnest part!
    hehehehehe yeah
    that and when someone shines you with their 4D mag or colman lantern and you shine 'em back .....whilst giving them a tan..... and lighting up everything around them in an aura of beautiful HID rendered color. (at which point a plafura of profanity and an "i'm sorry!" follows with them turning theirs off.)
    if your not wearing a #12 welding screen than it ain't bright enough! "Hand-Sun H.I.D." 55w & 75w(for sale), Rocky 3w LED, Stanley 109 35w mod'd, Maxa-Beam Gen II, 55w hid/100w incan Vector Twin, 400w MH long arc, 100w MH mid arc. Amondotech n30.

ok, so.... i'm not sure this is the place to ask, so moders, if i'm wrong, i apologize... but i was wondering what you guys think....
    as you read, i'm going to be building and selling these lights, i'm putting a $175 price tag for the average people (friends and CPFrs $150).... seem a fair price tag?

Just base it on your cost and add for what your time is worth to you to make and distribute them. Should also add some for advertising with CPF.
    I like big bulbs and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny!

yeah, thats about what i've done. i've set up my acct on CPFMP but waiting on my 3 posts to go thru (i think) since i've never delt with a site like that for sales before. lol

well, the "Hand-Sun H.I.D. 5501" is now avail on CPFMP!

You can sell them here on CPF because it's a modded light, not a factory stock light. Your choice.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starbursts, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

yep, i got them on both here in the BST and on MP tnx BVH

Well, the 14Ah Lipo packs showed up today (THANKS Lips!!!) and i've already got one fitted and charging. its looking like the stock charging system can handle the higher voltage of batt and charger, the plugs fit like new, and hopefully, when i've gotten any lil kinks worked out, people will be able to run the light off the batt, charge it thru the AC port, OR Run the light w/o charging the lipo thru the Auto Charge port (which will be remade/named to fit its use while cutting off the lipo circuit) and keep the light useable when the batt dies, since an automotive electrical system won't properly charge the lipo pack.
    i'll be doing a runtime test as soon as its charged

(2 Hr runtime with new lipo, a lil less then i'd hoped, but a major upgrade considering the weight difference!)
    Last edited by FRITZHID; 05-01-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Popcorn Re: OK, I've Finally Done It.

well, a fist full of more kits arrived today, so i did a few more Mods,..... and ofcorse wanted to do beam shots of them, so i took them out back on the driveway, set them side by side, and proceeded to fire them up....
    i diden't realize my driveway was that far off level!
    saw the result and thought i'd share them...
    hope you all like the pix

the 4 Hand-Sun HIDs next to eachother.....

the 4 Hand-Suns a lil brighter and no flash....

the 4 Hand-Suns a lil further back.....

4 Hand-Suns, slightly up above..... (again, i diden't realize how outa lvl my driveway was!)

4 Hand-Suns even farther up....

4 Hand-Suns convergence front.....

4 Hand-Suns convergence Dead In-Between....

Just thought ya'll may enjoy these.
    Happy Flashing!
    -Chuck

Flashaholic*

Very cool.
    SPY 007 XM-L2, BVH 150w Vec192 HID, Gen III Maxabeam, Barn Burner, FireFox III, Mac's Customs 3840L & Damascus/Cu/Al Tri-EDCs, ma_sha1 FrankenMag, Drake, MF Scorpion 4x XM-L2, Tri-219 EYE10, XP-G2 X10

Reminds me of my tank light beams crossing!
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starbursts, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sanders View Post
    Very cool.
    tyvm, i thought so too, hence why i decided to share.
    i really like seeing the bugs fly'n in the beams. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    Reminds me of my tank light beams crossing!
    me to, one of the reasons i wanted to share!

Quote Originally Posted by FRITZHID View Post
    i know you can put a 35w bulb with a 55w ballast, IDK about overdriving the ballast by much tho.
    I have some 100watt ballasts (draw 8.5amps @ 12v) with ceramic based large diameter HID bulbs (I believe they come in bi-xenon too). If you're interested send me a PM and I'll hook you up with the supplier. Small/slim ballast just slightly bigger than the slim 55watt ones due to heatsink finning.

-Jamie M.

Fritz nice work man. How long did this mod take you to do? Would you consider writing a small guide with some details of how to do it?

Thanks!

okay guys, the 75w version is now available! I'll have comparison beam shots with this 55, 75 and Maxa beam as soon as I get a new camera.

All images in this thread are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3
    Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

initial run time test, 1 hour 30 minutes on lipo pack. Will have SLA runtime later today or tonight.

Ok, SLA 7aH runtime was only 40 mins. I'm going to upgrade all 75w models to a 9aH SLA if people don't want to spend the $ on the lipo upgrade. Will pick up a 9aH tomorrow and do another runtime test.

I guess 53 minutes.

1hr 30m @ 75w on the new AGM batt & $100 cheaper than the lipo. Will do a 55w runtime after it recharges.

1hr 30m @ 75w on the new AGM batt & $100 cheaper than the lipo. Will do a 55w runtime after it recharges.
    Ohhh, nice! How much heavier is the AGM?

-Jamie M.

Weight difference between AGM & SLA is negligible, but the lipo is approx 1/2.

2 hr runtime on 55w with AGM batt. Somethings wrong with that since the lipo I have are 14ah and the agm are only 12 but runtimes are the same.

My guess is that since they are different chemistries and probably discharge differently, even if their nom. voltages are the same. Can you compare their stored energy, might give better estimate of runtime.

And a JR CPF'r in the making!!! makes daddy proud!

So... Did i do it right?
    Lol my son does the same with Daddys light

Hello Everyone!
    Sorry i haven't been on updating lately, its been a very hectic couple of months! I've relocated to East Central Florida and am now looking for suitable locations for beam shots in my area! i have the Maxabeam and 75w Handsun ready to cross beams with the 55w original Handsun & Stanley's 109...as well as a new Canon Rebel t3i DSLR added to the arsenal.
    Have made some great improvements in the Handsun design, including amphenol connectors and even looking into a marine grade model (with all the access to better supplies in the area, the potential is endless!)
    i still have 8 55w's for sale and will have 2 75w versions in the very near future.
    if anyone in the area is looking for a get together/shoot out, by all means message me here and i'm sure we can find some time to throw out some beam time!

Canon Rebel t3i DSLR
    Must have for that camera: http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/M..._Firmware_Wiki

-Jamie M.

Congratulations!! The beamshots I mean
    I will start looking for an oppurtunity as well....! Now if the city would have a power-outage...