Ever forgot you ordered something?

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
When that happens, it's probably time to stop and admit you have a problem :) I'm not talking about DX orders where you forget because it's two months later...

A few days ago, two packages arrived. One from BOG and one from HKE. The BOG one had some things and two RRT-0 Ti clips. The HKE one just had two RRT-0 Ti clips. I only needed two!

Ok fine. Today another package is in the mail. Open her up, it's a Preon 2 all satin Ti in cool white. What? I probably ordered it just to make the "collection" complete, but I can't remember when I did that. I'm even selling the Preon 2 Satin/Black cool version in CPFM -- wouldn't sell it if I was making a collection. On the plus side, this satin Ti tail cap isn't sticking so it'll go on the Preon 1 satin Ti "daily driver"...

Yep. I have a problem. Needless to say the Preon 2 is going to be withdrawn shortly.

There's a McGizmo Haiku HCRI coming but I wonder what else? It's now more shocking than surprising.

http://img.tapatalk.com/4ac609d9-124c-7813.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mystery order arrived today, but it was a blackcat marked tank007 with a red GDP emitter. I remember ordering it now but I'd completely forgot that I had until I'd thrown a battery in and saw that gorgeous red light coming out. (ordered it since I can't find a Surefire L1 red for under $100 ) I love this lil cheapie keychain light :thumbsup: that's why three showed up.......

I'm weak :D

TEEJ

Flashaholic
For the record, if an order shows up that you didn't remember ordering...I'm even worse off than you are, I ordered it, and had them send it to YOU instead of me.

Just send all the stuff you didn't order to me, and we'll call it square.

:naughty:

weeesss

Newly Enlightened
This thread reminded me a little too late (as I already ordered a Ti Lenslight this morning) that after spending too much last month, I forgot I ordered a custom Lightfoot a few months ago.:duh2:

mrlysle

Enlightened
For the record, if an order shows up that you didn't remember ordering...I'm even worse off than you are, I ordered it, and had them send it to YOU instead of me.

Just send all the stuff you didn't order to me, and we'll call it square.

:naughty:
ROFL! I do the same thing!!!! Have stuff sent to other people all the time! :crackup:

Harry999

Enlightened
Ualnosaj,

I saw your sales thread for the two Jetbeam/Nitecore Ti pocket clips at the Marketplace (once they had been sold) and it reminded me I had intended to get some for my Jetbeam E3S. Thanks to you I placed an order at HKE. My thanks to you for reminding me.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep trying to forget, but then "HCRI Rotary HDS" flashes through my head again.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I order a TrustFire S-A2 in mid Early October 2011, I got a shipping conformation Christmas Day 2011 and received it around January 5th, 2012. Totality forgot I ordered it. I do remember cancelling an order from DX but they rarely respond to emails and I just forgot completely.

When I got the TrustFire S-A2 it became one of my favorite lights. Very bright and good throw with the X-PC. I am glad they didn't respond and cancel it.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the time! Not necessarily with lights but I tend to buy a lot of stuff and when I have money to spend, I constantly have packages
being left in front of the door and half the time, I have no idea what's in there till I open the boxes...

Sad really but makes things very interesting...kinda like Christmas :)

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happened to me once. I pulled a package from my mailbox thinking the mailman must have made a mistake. My name and correct address where on it, so I opened it and found a small flashlight I didn't recognize until I looked at the brand. I had filled a survey for which they shipped you a free flashlight if you paid 3.50$ shipping. On another occasion, I was surprised to have a pick-up card from the post office, but my memory healed quickly and I ran like mad to get my 300$ shipment; shipping had been delayed because of a back-ordered item and I didn't get the shipping notice. Best surprise in a long time.

There was this Russian chick but that's for a non family friendly site.

LOL. I am family and non-family friendly if you need to ship her to the "correct" address.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happened to me once. I pulled a package from my mailbox thinking the mailman must have made a mistake. My name and correct address where on it, so I opened it and found a small flashlight I didn't recognize until I looked at the brand. I had filled a survey for which they shipped you a free flashlight if you paid 3.50$ shipping. On another occasion, I was surprised to have a pick-up card from the post office, but my memory healed quickly and I ran like mad to get my 300$ shipment; shipping had been delayed because of a back-ordered item and I didn't get the shipping notice. Best surprise in a long time.

LOL. I am family and non-family friendly if you need to ship her to the "correct" address.

Too late....when he didn't answer his wife, she sent it back to the sender :)

Hey, what was that $300 light?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a point a while back, were I had to check my PP account more than a few times, because I never remembered ordering what showed up. Perhaps it had something to do with the pain meds I was taking :sick2: