Friends, Which's The Most Powerful Red Laesr Pointer Your Have Got Before?

susanawalkly

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
Anyone knows which is the most powerful red laser pointer you have seen ever before? Which is the most powerful red laser you have got ever before?

What about 1000mW red laser pointer? Have you ever used before? I really cannot imagine how powerful it will be.
Some guys introduced LaserTo's Typhoeus series red laser pointer 1000mW to me. I am not sure whether it is the most powerful red laser in world. What's more, I am a bit doubt about high power red laser.

I knew that 650nm laser is as bright and visible to 532nm green laser. This is just what I am worrying about. Can this 1000mW Typhoeus series red laser pointer be as powerful as 1000mW green laser? Anyone who can tell me how powerful can this 1000Mw red laser? What is difference between high power red, green, blue laser? Is it a true power laser to worth own?

I am I need of a very powerful red laser, and interested in this one. I need your help and get useful suggestions from all of you, guys.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The green laser will be notably more visible than a red of the same wattage. But the prime thing you should be aware of is that lasers in the 1 watt range are extremely dangerous and essentially useless for any application; they'll almost instantly set anything black on fire, the beam is bright enough to disable your night vision so you can't point out stars in the night sky, and you'll cause serious and permanent damage if the beam directly hits, or is reflected into, any eyes within several hundred yards, etc.

If you want a laser you can actually use, keep it under 200mW (which is much cheaper anyway)

susanawalkly

Newly Enlightened
The green laser will be notably more visible than a red of the same wattage. But the prime thing you should be aware of is that lasers in the 1 watt range are extremely dangerous and essentially useless for any application; they'll almost instantly set anything black on fire, the beam is bright enough to disable your night vision so you can't point out stars in the night sky, and you'll cause serious and permanent damage if the beam directly hits, or is reflected into, any eyes within several hundred yards, etc.

If you want a laser you can actually use, keep it under 200mW (which is much cheaper anyway)

Thanks for kind remind. We need very powerful red laser in our experiment. We have special safety devices to protect ourselves safe during experiment. The powerful beam is very dangerous, and we have strict management in our lab.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
keep in mind even the reflected beam off of a white piece of paper can cause eye damage at +200mW, these are extremely dangerous lasers at the 1w range and higher. not to mention the beam will be far larger in Dia then your standard pointers. i've worked with everything from 2mw HeNe's all the way up to the 6Kw CO2 and the 1megawatt pulse laser. its not to be taken lightly, they can do ALOT of damage in a VERY Short order... not only with the beam itself, but the heat produced by the lasing material and the power supplys as well, many operate in the extreme high voltage range and/or Hi Freq-High Power RF ranges. please use all cautionary standards and safety equipment with these lasers.

Edwina

Newly Enlightened
1000mW red laser pointer?Whether there is a lot of damage on the human body.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
LaserGlow makes good lasers. Check out their lab/OEM laser selection for your needs. If you get their 2W models, then for Pete's sake use a laser table with appropriate precautions, along with selective-filtering glasses.

susanawalkly

Newly Enlightened
Safety measures are always the most important thing to consider while pointing such a powerful red laser. It is extremely dangerous.It will blind permanently and instantly. Never try to abuse it.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Safety measures are always the most important thing to consider while pointing such a powerful red laser. It is extremely dangerous.It will blind permanently and instantly. Never try to abuse it.

that goes for any laser, any wattage and any color, UV to IR. just because it's low wattage doesn't mean it won't do damage, tho the higher powered ones will, much faster. and it doesn't mean just because you can't see the beam (IR) doesn't mean its not there and doing great harm, even in a reflected/refracted state.
lasers are dangerous in general if misused. if used properly, they can be fun and very useful, but the proper cautions must be taken. just like any gun, tool or other such device, safety 1st and KNOW WHAT YOUR USING!!!!

susanawalkly

Newly Enlightened
keep in mind even the reflected beam off of a white piece of paper can cause eye damage at +200mW, these are extremely dangerous lasers at the 1w range and higher. not to mention the beam will be far larger in Dia then your standard pointers. i've worked with everything from 2mw HeNe's all the way up to the 6Kw CO2 and the 1megawatt pulse laser. its not to be taken lightly, they can do ALOT of damage in a VERY Short order... not only with the beam itself, but the heat produced by the lasing material and the power supplys as well, many operate in the extreme high voltage range and/or Hi Freq-High Power RF ranges. please use all cautionary standards and safety equipment with these lasers.

This is really very good safety remind. We have specially made laser windows and goggles while using such powerful laser. anyway, this 1000mW red laser pointer must be very powerful.

susanawalkly

Newly Enlightened
Never try to abuse it in wrong hands. it is quite serious once the powerful beam hurt eyes and bodies. By the way, high power laser is really helpful in my lab, but we have to be armed to teeth while working with it.