• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn: Haiku XPG cool for xpg warm or hi-cri (engine only)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all.

I just received my very first McGizmo. Haiku XPG. Awesome light! However, it has the cool xpg module in it and I've never been too fond of cool tints. Anyone want to trade with me for a warm or hi-cri led? Just the engine and not the entire light. The example I received is near flawless and I kinda want to keep it.

Thanks!
:lovecpf:

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTT: Haiku XPG cool for xpg warm or hi-cri (engine only)

If you don't find a trade you could always have someone re-flow a neutral LED onto the mPCB. Pretty simple task.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

You know. I thought about doing that myself. I recently received a batch of Nichia 219 leds from a member here on a recent group buy and I thought this would be a perfect candidate. I've reflowed leds onto pcbs before and it's pretty straight forward. The thing that I'm concerned about is that this is a pretty high dollar light and I'm unsure of how the mcpcb assembly is afixed to the threaded assembly, and I don't want to start taking a pry tool to it and possibly do some damage.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok. Well after a little fiddling around, I was able to get the pcb off of its mount. :)

Thanks SOYCD!

Trade withdrawn.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sure thing - glad you got it done. I've got some of those Nichia leds on the way eventually as well and am considering the same mod - let me know how it comes out.