I need a light for mom :)

Rasto36620

Newly Enlightened
She gets off work late some times and has to Park in a parking garage so id feel better if she had a light to keep with her to check her back seat ect. She use to use a Fenix p3d that i gave her but it crapped out.

Im looking for something that takes a common battery because the chances of her ordering some surefire cr123s or other exotic battery is extremly slim lol. A very simple interface is prefered. She has very little knowlege about lights so the more user friedly the better. Sub $70 range please :)

notrefined

Enlightened
a peak eiger or el cap would do the job nicely in somewhat fashionable stainless or brass, and no UI troubles to speak of. A streamlight microstream would do the same at about a third of the cost.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest a AAA light that is simple such as a Thrunite Ti. Small, inexpensive, good run times, easily obtainable batteries. She would not have to fool with modes, just turn it and it quickly goes to the max mode.
Jerry

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Quark AA Tacticals for non flashaholics. Program any 2 modes, out eight, separated by a tight/loose bezel.