Why no stainless steal lights?

hook63

Newly Enlightened
I only have one but it's a lot smoother then the ti lights I own. I wouldn't think weight would be an issue for single cell lights.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a stainless steel Revo on my keys and I love it. I also have a PO-SS that weights next to nothing that I carry on a chain with my neck knife.

Gryffin

Enlightened
Stainless doesn't bind and gall like titanium, but it's heavy; on anything other than a keychain light, you'll certainly notice it.

Stainless is also very bad at conducting heat. That's a real problem with modern, highly-driven LED lights.

gollum

Enlightened
there are plenty if you look
for starters there is the c3 cree
aurora make 3 or 4
thats just the cheapies
I'm sure there are quite a few custom makers that use ss

archimedes

Flashaholic
JETBeam E3S & E3P are also nice torches....

Solar Force had some stainless steel P60 hosts, as well (limited editions, I think).

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are plenty of SS lights but they are not always promoted

The finish is nice and the material is cheap. The weight is big turn off for me. I have the Solarforce L2 stainless steel lights amongst other SS and they really do weigh a ton. A big turn off when your jacket starts to sag... under the weight. It also smears easily...

HIDblue

Enlightened
Jetbeam E3S in SS modded with an XM-L. Still one of my favorites and I don't mind the extra weight.

LGT

Enlightened
I really don't understand why you asked this question.

Check this Google Search there are numerous SS lights available.
Me neither, have a Peak ElCapitan and Rainier SS in my pockets as I type. And without listing, I know there are quite a few others. Regardless on how they conduct heat, or weigh, they're some of my favorite lights.

cerealkiller

Newly Enlightened
there is always the fenix ld01 ss edition i crave for...though i ended up getting E05 instead :) still very tempting to get the ld01 ss

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a stainless Ultrafire 503B. One of the few stainless P60 hosts. I can tell you it's very nice, but also very very heavy. Hardly pocketable because of the weight. But it is niiice.