• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: David and Goliath - Mako meets Mac - Parted

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
David and Goliath

I am not interested in discussing biblical stories, however, I am interested in providing a new home for a set of David and Goliath figurines.

Playing the role of David is a brand new, just received titanium Mako (today) from the latest neutral flood run. This has been removed from the ziplock and turned on, photographed, then returned to the ziplock. This is my second Mako and I can't rationalize having two of these around as nifty as they are.

In the role of Goliath is a Mac's Custom XML titanium 4500K with 2x 18350 IMR AW lightly used batteries included (there are 4x shown in photo, but only shipping 2x). Light was purchased in late December 2011. Clip is included. The tint of this light is PERFECT in my humble opinion. I have never seen such a perfectly white tint and I have seen many lights.

My intent is to sell these lights as a package, but if somebody wants to commit specifically to the Mac and batteries side of it, then I will part the Mako out. No need to express interest in this thread for the Mako on its own. If I part this package, then that will be the time to do it.

For what it is worth, I had the Mac, which has a 2.8 Amp drive current, measured in a lightbox by one of CPF's premier members... these are the results 15 seconds after turn on:

High: 496 lumens
Medium: 192 lumens
Lo: 29 lumens

I am not including postage in the price, but will ship the light to you at whatever it costs me by the method you choose. I normally ship via Canada Post but can be flexible. Lights will ship in a small box from USPS (I have lots of those). Basically, depending on where you live I will ask for some extra $ to cover postage. Once you have paid, I will mail your package then refund you the difference between what you paid for the postage and what it actually cost. It sounds more complicated than it actually is.

This light will ship from Canada. If you are in the GTA, I may be able to make alternate arrangements. I will not be responsible for postal mishaps.

Payments can be made by PayPal.

Mako: $180 CAD
Mac: $280 CAD

Thanks for looking.

eala

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: David and Goliath - Mako meets Mac

Let's try a price drop - and I will make it a significant one.

With this price drop, I would like to keep 2x of the 4x 18350 batteries. I will fix the original post.

Any takers?

eala

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
You can't put NET TO ME prices on your sales thread because it implies that the buyer is to calculate and pay any fees associated with the sale or else fraudulently use the gift option to avoid said fees. These practices are against PP and CPF rules. You must post the total amount you expect to recieve.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: David and Goliath - Mako meets Mac - Price drop

You can't put NET TO ME prices on your sales thread because it implies that the buyer is to calculate and pay any fees associated with the sale or else fraudulently use the gift option to avoid said fees. These practices are against PP and CPF rules. You must post the total amount you expect to recieve.

My mistake. I have admittedly been confused by the change in rules. I knew I could not ask people to use the gift option. I guess I don't see the difference if I calculate fees or if somebody else calculates fees. Regardless, I will edit amounts.

eala

nbp

Flashaholic
eala said:
My mistake. I have admittedly been confused by the change in rules. I knew I could not ask people to use the gift option. I guess I don't see the difference if I calculate fees or if somebody else calculates fees. Regardless, I will edit amounts.

eala

I understand. I think the difference is if you say "add xyz" for PP fees, then you are charging the buyer a fee to pay by PP rather than say, a check or MO, which is not allowed per PP rules. The price needs to be equal, regardless of payment method.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: David and Goliath - Mako meets Mac - Price drop

Ok, let's part these lights out and drop the prices. Prices are exclusive of shipping.

Mako: $180 CAD
Mac: $280 CAD

I have shipped a fair bit lately and would expect the Mac to ship for about $8 to the US and the Mako to ship for about $3 to the US.

(This is lower than originally posted. I realize now that I had been screwing up my math in currency conversions. All fixed now.)

eala

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Re: David and Goliath - Mako meets Mac - Parted

I'm going to have to sell something to keep it, but I'll take the Mac at $280!

:paypal:

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened
Re: David and Goliath - Mako meets Mac - Parted

I'll take the Mako flood, provided it's got the original packaging. PM me the PP address thanks!