PEAK

Thread: Should I sell my Surefire m6

Default Should I sell my Surefire m6

I have a incandescent Surefire M6, but the battery life is very limiting... Is it worth selling it to upgrade to the new M6 LT??

Enlightened

Default Re: Should I sell my Surefire m6

You might want to just get this :

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/shop/m...27841d908a2126

I just installed my MD60 and it's well worth it
    I have (almost) every bulb config and this is the best bang for the buck. Even compared to my 11185 or wtv bulb.

3+ hours runtime is a no brainer.
    My lightsWTB: Surefire: New/Used/Rare. Currently looking for everything Crosshairs + D2. Interesting trades available.Everybody, just send your lights directly to James - he'll end up with them anyhow, lol. -Kestrel

Flashaholic

+1 on the Malkoff MD60. Bright spot, great spill and currently on sale.

I've never seen that before. I think I'll have to pick one up in the near future. 450 lumens is pretty sweet too.

Flashaholic

I have the MD 60 and it certainly extends the battery life but the light loses the incandesent warmth. I really like this light (it was my first high end light) but like most people hated to keep replacing the batteries every 20 minutes. I looked into rechargeables and went throughout several configurations. I have W Quiles PhD M6 multi voltage pack that lets me use the MN21 bulb (and others) on 17650 batteries. It can run the LF IMR M6 at 10.8 volts. This unit is hard to beat. Having said that I am currently trying out the LF IMR M6 "1000" lumen bulb with Odd Mods 17650 adapter and am very impressed. it is not regulated as the PhD M6 pack is but the combination retains the incandescent warmth of the M6 with rechargeable batteries for a reasonable $ outlay. you might want to consider it.

I have the MD60 from Malkoff and it is great. I do miss the incandescent tint, though. It's bright and has a great run time. I also have another M6 with FM's 3 X 17650 IMR with LF IMR M6 1000 lumen bulb. Very bright & rechargeable.

I recently sold my old M6 on ebay and upgraded to the new M6LT. The difference was only about $70 cost to me....as the new M6LT's are selling for less than $300. Well worth it in my opinion.

Get yourself ...
    1. Fivemega bi-pin socket module.
    2. Fivemega 3x17670 battery holder for M6
    3. AW's latest button top rechargeable 17670 protected.
    4. WA 1185 bi-pins bulbs.

IMO the best combination for M6, although not much runtime, but its rechargeable. The batts complement the WA1185. The WA1185 compliments the M6 turbo head/reflector providing you many many incan lumens. The beam profile is somewhat like the MN21 but with the WA1185, much more output....
    SF M6-R85 M3 G2D FYL G2ZL E1L McGizmo HA PD-S Ti Mule-PD BB Haiku-XP-G Inova X1
    (My Collection)