Recommend Me a Light for a First Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

robolight

Newly Enlightened
OK Guys.

It's time to impress that special woman on that first date.
Forget the Ferrarri, forget the Armani suit. The fancy bars and restaurants.
If you're honest, the only dilemma that's really worth giving some thought to is the kind of flashlight that you'll be taking along to that awkward occasion.
Things could go swimmingly well, things could get hazardous, things could get hot.
So how well prepared are you?
What are you gonna equip yourself with?
A small ergonomically designed led, dangling on a keychain, or a modest pocket thrower or even that full spec tactical military mini-photon explosion that you've modded and powered from half the earth's core?
What's it gonna be?
I never go anywhere without a light of some kind on me. Day or Night. No exceptions.
First date, well, no question, my trusty little Fenix LD10.

Cheapskate

Enlightened
OK Guys.

It's time to impress that special woman on that first date.

A flashlight is out then.

Forget the Ferrarri, forget the Armani suit. The fancy bars and restaurants.

No, actually the suit and the restaurant are good ideas.

If you're honest, the only dilemma that's really worth giving some thought to is the kind of flashlight that you'll be taking along to that awkward occasion.

Thinking a flashlight will impress and taking one for that purpose could certainly make it an awkward occasion.

So how well prepared are you?
What are you gonna equip yourself with?

Chocolates, corsage and condoms.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
josephducreuxdisregardf.jpg

This is a family oriented site. Lets keep it that way :welcome:

Well the idea is to prevent a family..

JNieporte

Enlightened
I actually have a collection of lights for various medical purposes. You want to impress her, get the ones used for laparoscopic cholecystomy.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make a little background check on your would-be date. Is she, by nature, also fond of gadgets? ( even just a little bit). Bringing a light with you would help...just wait for her to ask about it. If she is not, then just put in your pocket, 'test the waters' and pray for a power failure! You know, we can be weird to some people, as some people can be weird to us too! One man's hobby can be a crazy idea to another, while another man's crazy idea can be another man's hobby! Don't be so preoccupied of making a good impression.. you just might overdo it...just have fun

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny. Ok, yeah ... Forget the suit and car, it's all about the light. It should be handy, bright, unobtrusive and never displayed or mentioned unless needed or pertainent. Long run time better than unsustainable turbo, having both is better still... Uh, there's so many battery/diameter/chemistry inuendos but I'll be a square and leave this rich material for other posters.So in all seriousness, a small light with an adjustable warm or neutral high CRI, floody or wide, blended hot spot would make a good subliminal impression. For any Rambo/Hero scenarios, a can of mace or some serious Jacky Chan skills would be more useful than a tactical light.

cccpull

Enlightened
I really resisted posting in this thread, but, if you need a flashlight on your first date, you have other issues.:ohgeez::crackup:

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long run time better than unsustainable turbo, having both is better still...

HA! The subtle innuendo there is just perfect. :thumbsup:

Seriously - put a fauxton on you keychain, leave your lights at home and impress the girl with yourself.

Norm

Retired Administrator
The more grotty of childish posts have been removed, considering the topic of the original post I guess it's inevitable that some members found it too difficult to control themselves. - Norm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.