• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired [SOLD]: KuKu Volere 1xAA cool white w/Clip *Refinished by JHanko*

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
Up for sale is my KuKu Volere (1 x AA) light that has been refinished by JHanko. When I received this light, it had a diamond etched and anodized finish applied to the body and clip (not by Ku, the first owner did this). Photos of the finish as I received it are below. I sent it to JHanko to see if he could work his magic and restore it at least somewhat close to its original state. And in usual JHanko fashion, he exceeded my expectations. All smooth surfaces of the light were redone to remove the ano and etching, and the knurling was polished to remove as much of the ano as possible (my original request, not thinking any of it could be removed). Only the slightest hint of some ano remains in very small areas of the knurling, and only when looking at it in just the right angle/light. The clip was hand polished by me to remove 99.9% of the etching and all of the ano. The first owner had also modded the pill with glow epoxy to completely surround the emitter, giving a nice glow effect around the emitter. This glow epoxy was not removed in the restore process. There is a blue trit installed in the rear switch.

Sorry for the above length, but I want to present this light for sale with full disclosure.

Price for the Ku Volere restored by JHanko is SOLD $415 shipped (payment via Paypal), CONUS only. Shipping is via US Postal Service Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

Now also considering trades. Particularly for folding knives. Will entertain trade offers.

As usual, first "I'll take it", followed by prompt Paypal payment to chris975d(at)hotmail(dot)com gets it.

(photos of light after restoration)

dsc07471z.jpg

dsc07481e.jpg

dsc0758s.jpg

dsc0759t.jpg

dsc0760a.jpg

dsc0757bd.jpg

(photos of light pre-restoration)

dsc0656pv.jpg

dsc0655u.jpg

dsc0652nj.jpg

Please PM me with any questions.

Last edited:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: KuKu Volere 1xAA cool white w/Clip *Refinished by JHanko*

What a beauty !!!! Looks way better in the stock Ti finish IMO. How is the output on this light? I assume it is the L-M-H. Is the tint blueish on low?

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice...

H-nu

Enlightened

Wow, talk about fusion of two legendary light smiths.

Best of luck with the sale! :)

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
Just lowered the price a good bit to see if we can't get this thing moving. Need the funds for a few new projects!

Draven451

Enlightened

Sweet light!

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does the glow epoxy affect the beam,tint or light output?

Last edited:

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
Does the glow epoxy effect the beam,tint or light output?

Not as far as I can notice. I don't have a non-epoxied Volere to test with side by side, but I've never noticed any tint or beam artifacts present that made me think "oh, that's got to be from the GITD epoxy".

chris975d

Newly Enlightened

What a beauty !!!! Looks way better in the stock Ti finish IMO. How is the output on this light? I assume it is the L-M-H. Is the tint blueish on low?

Sorry, I didn't see the additional questions you asked after the edit. Yes, this is L-M-H, and yes, I would describe the tint as a touch toward the blue side on the lower setting.

chris975d

Newly Enlightened

Just added "WTT". Willing to trade this light as well, particularly against folding knives (i.e. Reeve, Hinderer, Strider, etc).

chris975d

Newly Enlightened

Ok..let's try another drop. How about $425 (via Paypal) shipped, CONUS only.

H-nu

Enlightened

What's going on? How come this beauty is still here? And at that price too??
Great opportunity to own a rare and classic light by Steve with a touch by Jeff! Two of the best! :)

benben_stone

Enlightened

The Volere was a strictly limited edition light, with individual serial numbers.

As far as I can see from your photos, the serial number has been removed as a result of the refurbishment by JHanko.

This is a great pity, as it takes away from the uniqueness of the light.

chris975d

Newly Enlightened

The Volere was a strictly limited edition light, with individual serial numbers.

As far as I can see from your photos, the serial number has been removed as a result of the refurbishment by JHanko.

This is a great pity, as it takes away from the uniqueness of the light.

Actually, JHanko didn't remove the serial numbers/markings on the head. There actually were none on it when received after being anodized/etched by the original owner. I just searched and found the original sale thread here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?299212-SOLD-Custom-Anno-Volere-AA-with-Clip-SOLD

Looks like there was no serial on it at that point. So maybe the etching done to the light took it off. But that etching wasn't all that deep, so...I'm not sure.