SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any ExtremeBeam owners care to chime in ?

Exclamation Any ExtremeBeam owners care to chime in ?

I attempted to contact EB for more info about their claims, and the e-mail was bounced back.

One e-mail contact for a self-described multinational firm is a bit odd....but whatever.

Until I can get someone on the horn, via the toll-free number, can anyone who has purchased their light(s) attest to the output and quality?

I plan on inquiring about the above, as well.

Can someone please point me in the direction of ANY info on this company available besides their own marketing materials and the repeating forum banner ad ?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Any ExtremeBeam owners care to chime in ?

We've discussed their claims in several lengthy threads, all of which were closed. Greta is the only person who has spoken to the proprietor of this company, so perhaps she can answer some of your questions.

There are currently a couple of review threads in the review forum authored by subwoofer, reading those may be helpful, it also looks like a good place to ask some question.

Norm

Hi Norm,

Thanks for the info. Subwoofer's review doesn't address the questions I have, and the other questions have gone unanswered.

He suggested I start my own thread, so here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    We've discussed their claims in several lengthy threads, all of which were closed. Greta is the only person who has spoken to the proprietor of this company, so perhaps she can answer some of your questions.
    Thanks StarHalo.

I've attempted to contact them multiple times, to no avail. I was hoping someone having had more success in doing so may have some answers.

Flashaholic

Apparently this "Company" is a big secret . I haven't been able to get any info either; Every time a thread opens about their brand, it gets closed!!! I would just move on to other brands because you will get the runaround if you try to ask about the reliability of their products or any other question for that matter.
    Last edited by my#1hobby; 04-16-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Need...... more...... lights!

I love a good mystery!

Where are the Hardy boys or Nancy Drew when you need them?!

They often DID have flashlights on their books' covers....

Maybe they are too busy with "Torpedo defense consulting in Europe" to reply to your email.

I am intrigued by this mystery company as well. They don't list where there lights are made. Its not a big deal to re-brand lights but to go through all this trouble seams a bit odd.
    Hope you can uncover something!

-Bobby

Flashaholic*

you know I actually noticed this brand being sold on b&h photo video. I was surprised a well known store stock their stuff
    A blog on small pocket tools, keychain gadgets and more!

http://keychainpockets.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago X View Post
    Thanks StarHalo.

I've attempted to contact them multiple times, to no avail. I was hoping someone having had more success in doing so may have some answers.
    Have you tried asking Greta directly? I guess all is needed is for EB to say who the designing and original branded company was (if they own the rights there should be no problem with this). And offer up a little info on production.

I'm personally quite open minded and can see a difference in Subwoofers review, which backs up Greta's comments on a previous thread that the lights are quality, regardless of their origins. But I do admit I do not like their marketing one bit and find it insulting.

I smells me some BS. Stinky stinky BS.
    Conspiracy, fraud..... LoL

Hoooooweeeee! All those military service members using their lights, they must be amazing.

This thread is SO last month
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. LED View Post
    Hoooooweeeee! All those military service members using their lights, they must be amazing.
    My take is, if a given company sells to certain military and police units and their products are appreciated, they won't start launching banners over the Internet: the word will get around in those "professional circles".
    Usually when a company starts using special forces and special police units names for marketing is simply to fool clueless consumers who would think that if it was used to kill Bin Laden they must have it because it means is be-all end-all of flashlights: even if they only need to light up their dog when it shits!!!

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    This thread is SO last month
    So is whining about a thread like a Los Angeles debutante.

Anything positive to add to the discussion? Any info perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drumstick View Post
    ...I'm personally quite open minded and can see a difference in Subwoofers review, which backs up Greta's comments on a previous thread that the lights are quality, regardless of their origins. But I do admit I do not like their marketing one bit and find it insulting.
    Insulting is a good word.

A few simple answers of the direct questions asked of this company would go a long way towards earning my funds.

I'm just looking for more credible info than "because I said so!"

Strider Knives, Inc. comes to mind.

Has anyone among the thousands of members here purchased this light?

99% of all soldiers and officers polled by ExtremeBeam said they prefer ExtremeBeam over every other brand they had previously used..

​Must be someone....?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLumen View Post
    99% of all soldiers and officers polled by ExtremeBeam said they prefer ExtremeBeam over every other brand they had previously used..
    "Push back the night" - Bob Weir

So is whining about a thread like a Los Angeles debutante.

Anything positive to add to the discussion? Any info perhaps?

You want some info, here you go smart a$$...This topic has been discussed at length, and is a dead horse at this point.

I meant nothing negative in my previous post, but you are welcome to take the ball and run with it if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    You want some info, here you go smart a$$...This topic has been discussed at length, and is a dead horse at this point.

I meant nothing negative in my previous post, but you are welcome to take the ball and run with it if you wish.

You know exactly what you typed; don't play dumb now....

I still have yet to find a single piece of reliable information from you, the linked thread, or the paid review.

One would think that with the THOUSANDS of soldiers and LEOs happy with this light that ONE might care to step forward and opine on how they spent their money.

Make it your life's mission, to expose the frauds...

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

You know exactly what you typed; don't play dumb now....

I still have yet to find a single piece of reliable information from you, the linked thread, or the paid review.

One would think that with the THOUSANDS of soldiers and LEOs happy with this light that ONE might care to step forward and opine on how they spent their money.
    I just sent them an email and haven't gotten any kind of reply back yet, nor have I received any rebounded error. We'll see in a few minutes. In the thread that was linked, there are many speculations and suspicions that the lights are (externally) 100% aesthetically identical to the cheaper series of lights we all know and love (hate?), blank*fires. (their m4 scirrako looks JUST like the ultrafire c8, I have the c8 and am tempted to buy the EB just to test. Their claim of 310 voluminous lumens seems to classify the LED somewhere between a Q5 and the R5). I really want to see if that particular light can substantially touch the 1000 feet that they claim, not some half-hearted "eh, I have a 100 lux out here, but hey, I'm still lighting stuff up". However, I REALLY do not want to drop $50.00 on something that might be a potential dud, but sometimes we may have to take one for the team; maybe you could all drop some money into my empty paypal account so we can call this a collective investigation?

Chicago X and F250XLT please read my PM.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by dc38 View Post
    .... but sometimes we may have to take one for the team; maybe you could all drop some money into my empty paypal account so we can call this a collective investigation?
    I think that's a spectacular idea - spread the pain around.

PM me with your info, and I'll contribute.

Continued from Here.
    I sent them an inquiry. First email goes thru just fine. No response in two days. I send another email same address and cc info@EB. First address bounces, second one goes thru.
    Then the following day I get a response from the email that bounced, head of South American division of EB.
    We are not considering taking on your account at this time . Very personal reply.
    Kind of ironic though as the replies signiture was full of links and signitures associated with the
    Exxon corporation lighting division. Anyone affiliated with Exxon Lighting USA care to comment?

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it odd that an international company would spend money to advertise here to potential customers, then not comment on questions and concerns that are raised?
    Why the changes to thier site, after comments that were made here?
    *note my personal beliefs, thoughts, and annalogies that would really drive home my questions made will not be posted as they will get moderated*
    GL

A search for anything relating the Exxon corporation to lighting turns up only websites of lighting vendors who have provided services for Exxon events - if Exxon had a lighting division, they'd light their own events. I would posit that the reference of the corporation in the e-mail you received is sited in the same spirit as the other organizations EB mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    A search for anything relating the Exxon corporation to lighting turns up only websites of lighting vendors who have provided services for Exxon events - if Exxon had a lighting division, they'd light their own events. I would posit that the reference of the corporation in the e-mail you received is sited in the same spirit as the other organizations EB mentions.
    Signiture as received:

Regional Sales Director
    North Africa Division
    ExtremeBeam Intenational
    Exxon Patroleum Lighting
    Exxon Corporation
    www.exxon.com

On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place where the bad drivers are.

I think that's a spectacular idea - spread the pain around.

PM me with your info, and I'll contribute.
    It would be great to get a few more people onboard first, I'm going to PM the legendary selfbuilt to see what he has been up to and if he is up for a review first, lol. I wouldn't be able to do a very technical review, as I lack the proper utilities to do so. The most I could possibly do is check the lux and amps, and maybe compare it to a few of the lights I have in operation, fit and finish, etc. Just a preliminary thought, Which of the lights should we do IF our collaboration can fall through? Im a tad strapped for money at the moment, so I was thinking cheaper is better. Basically the cheapest yet most glorified light I saw was the M4 Scirrako for 50$. Considering it looks so much like the Ultrafire c8 I already have running an xml, I thought that might be a good comparison. Based on the pictures alone, however, I definitely think that the knurling is more aggressive, and the finish is generally tougher (possibly a type 3 vs a matte type 2 on ultrafire. another difference I noticed in the photo is a double oring seal vs the UF single. Based solely on what I see in the photos, i do believe that the materials used in the EB will make for a much more durable light, but we must still send it through a baptism of tests, mainly to validate or dispell EB'S stupendous claims; This brings us full circle to the individual who will review this particular light. Considering we have *subwoofer*, who already reviewed a more expensive light from EB, we have somewhat of a basis as to what we should expect, even from a more budget-oriented light.
    Last edited by dc38; 04-21-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    ExtremeBeam Intenational
    Exxon Patroleum Lighting
    You copy and paste that?