Any residential security people here??

regency

Newly Enlightened
Im needing a camera system for my home, its going to be outdoors, and i want it on DVR. Thinking i need a 4 camera system but i have no clue what brands of stuff i need. I see there is a Qsee 4ch system at my local sams and there is mixed reviews on Qsee, so i dont know what to do....

I want like everyone else quality but at a low cost.

My home recently was broken into while i was at work and my wife had left the home for a 2.5hr period, when she returned the front door was kicked in, tv gone, so she left in a hurry and came back with my mom (sheriffs dep) and another dep that she called to report the burglary. All they took was the TV, a 2 gal air compressor, and a camera. But its the fact they were in my space and were not welcome there, we still dont have any leads on who they were.

I made a new striker plate for the front door 4" wide x 24" long, made of 1/8" stainless steel, its going to use 14 2.5" screws to hold it in. Alarm is installed, and now looking for a camera system.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the absolute lowest cost, you can use an old desktop computer and several webcams. There are many software programs available, some of also upload of security images (if you have a website, or you could have it sent to your email) in the absolute worst case scenario if the intruders steal the computer or try to delete evidence. You can try it out here:

http://www.icode.co.uk/icatcher/products/console.html

Performance will be limited to how fast your computer is, but webcams often have better quality than dedicated systems (HD webcams are only maybe $40).

Samy

Enlightened
I'm running an 8 ch DVR at home. It has web ability and a built in CD burner, motion detection etc. I believe the brand is AV TECH. I only have about 5-6 cameras at home but this allows me to add more as required. I've been using it for about 5 years.

cheers