Streamlight ProTac HL 600 Lumens

my#1hobby

Enlightened
This is the first I've heard about it. I found it while searching for dropins for my Stinger. Anybody have one by chance? Might get this instead of the dropin. It looks like they are playing catch up with everybody else. :eek:oo: EDIT: After looking through videos on this light I have found that it's not out yet....So I guess I'm outta luck on anybody having one. :ohgeez:

Streamlight ProTac HL

Last edited:

Retinator

Enlightened
Hmm Streamlight's answer to the Fury. Looks promising, just waiting on my dealer.

I wonder if this means the upgrading of the rest of the Protac line?

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Hmm Streamlight's answer to the Fury. Looks promising, just waiting on my dealer.

I wonder if this means the upgrading of the rest of the Protac line?
I have been looking at getting the Fury, but after finding this one I think I'll hold off and see how the Streamlight performs.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a June release date for the ProTac HL, so it's not out yet. It will be about half the price of the Fury, but imported...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was actually looking around earlier trying to find a release date before I found this thread, I think it's suppose to be around May.

I like the idea of being able to program it to either be a single output light at 600lms or programing it to dual output, I'm up for one as soon as their available.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
You bet.
wink.gif

Awesome:twothumbs

I like the idea of being able to program it to either be a single output light at 600lms or programing it to dual output, I'm up for one as soon as their available.
That's what caught my eye as well.

Last edited:

Erik1213

Enlightened
Any one have one in their hands yet? I see that they are shipping now.

A user on another forum did a small review of the light with pictures (showing that the light does use an XM-L LED).

Link here.

I never understood why Streamlight doesn't post pictures of the business end of their lights.

Timbo

Newly Enlightened
I just bought one of these and I'm pleased to say its an excellent little light, build quality is really good too, feels solid in the hand, its not too heavy or bulky for slipping in jeans pocket too out walking the dog. I did a quick video review up on YouTube showing how the UI works, just search for user 76bts

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked one up the other day and it was mostly disappointing I guess the worse thing is the terrible PWM on all levels but high, you can spend your money on a different Chinese light and get more value, you know the one's. Speaking of comparative light's the Surefire Fury is on a whole other level compared to the SL HL 600.

Even without the Fury I'd take a ET T20C2, Thrunite TN12 or Nitecore/Jetbeam 2xcr123/18650 whatever over the Streamlight HL 600. Darn I thought it was going to be awesome.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you fairly sensitive to PWM? I didn't have any issue with the low mode (which should be the only problematic mode...strobe wouldn't work so well if it wasn't bothersome ;)).

Compared to the Fury, it combines both the Fury and Fury Tactical into one light, and it has more throw...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you fairly sensitive to PWM? I didn't have any issue with the low mode (which should be the only problematic mode...strobe wouldn't work so well if it wasn't bothersome ;)).

Compared to the Fury, it combines both the Fury and Fury Tactical into one light, and it has more throw...

I really don't know if I'm more sensitive than the average person or if some like you are less sensitive to it, whichever the case I wish it didn't bother me but when I sweep a room or even objects within a couple feet of me I see bad PWM with the HL 600.

I don't buy light's anymore that use PWM and it's my fault I didn't do some more research before buying but I don't ever recall owning a streamlight that uses PWM so I made a assumption a rookie mistake, never a good thing when buying a light.