• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The new website

combinatorix

Newly Enlightened
Good to see that old whale of a website has been taken down... now to see how long it takes this new one to come up.

budynabuick

Enlightened
YES!. I would own at least 3 (or more) of their light"s but when I go there I waste half Hr. or more just drooling only too leave empty handed. Thought it was just myself, but have heard more than a few express their frustration with the site. I have even had stuff in the cart only too cancel out of not being sure what I was ordering. YIKES. Hope the new one is better.

Keith

choombak

Enlightened
This is a good omen, I was sad when Peak could no longer maintain the levels of customer service we have come to expect, especially they make some of the finest lights at affordable prices. I hope things go North from here...fingers crossed.

--
pl. excuse brevity & possible typos - sent from a tiny device.

jorgen

Enlightened
Eiger, Eiger Ultra and UltraX have been added to the site. Basic info and good photos are there.

jorgen

Enlightened
Unless they add some special options unavailable from RMSK, I 'll just continue to order from Bob who is a lot easier to reach and ships a much faster.

LGT

Enlightened
So far, only the eigers are there. But I really like the format of this new site. Still under construction. Who cares how long it takes. It's a VAST improvement over their other site. Would you rather see the same antiquated site? Or wait for the new one, regardless of how long it takes? I'm hoping Bob will take over this and ordering from RMSK will now be done from here.:)

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless they add some special options unavailable from RMSK, I 'll just continue to order from Bob who is a lot easier to reach and ships a much faster.

Special options like international shipping? ;)

peakfreak

Newly Enlightened
I don't know...Seems like the cart has made too fast an appearance. Where is the diffuser, and the "...Battery Cap (to be) used with extra battery compartments to carry spare batteries, or anything else that may fit inside and be used as a water resistant container."
I'm not ordering anything until these are shown with an option to include these extras in the order. There is also no word as to whether the qtc pills in the newer lights they are offering are redesigned or from the older batches. ...and personally I wish there was a no qtc option, but that may no longer be possible but from Bobs old stock. It would also be nice among the "specifications" if the Lumens otf with different battery types was listed.

I'm optimistic, but have my fingers crossed this doesn't get botched in the form of taking too long and then feeling rushed...taking too long but being thorough is a far better option imo.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I hadn't picked up an Al Logan 17500 from Bob already, I would've placed an order for a neutral (219?) Nichia. I'm really happy with the light.

I don't know...Seems like the cart has made too fast an appearance. Where is the diffuser, and the "...Battery Cap (to be) used with extra battery compartments to carry spare batteries, or anything else that may fit inside and be used as a water resistant container."
I'm not ordering anything until these are shown with an option to include these extras in the order. There is also no word as to whether the qtc pills in the newer lights they are offering are redesigned or from the older batches.

The diffuser and battery cap should be there, but just like there was no shopping cart option yesterday, there is no diffuser and battery cap option. The important thing to me is Peak is finally coming back around. As painfully slow as it is things are getting better. :)

...and personally I wish there was a no qtc option, but that may no longer be possible but from Bobs old stock. It would also be nice among the "specifications" if the Lumens otf with different battery types was listed.

When in doubt, ask! :) Still in doubt? You can order with the Gen 2 QTC from Oveready, they're great guys!

Nice!

At last a shipping option to the UK.

I feel an order coming on!

Glad to hear CPFers can now order internationally. If they play their cards right this option alone should be a real boon for Peak. Throw in the Pocket and Night Patrol options and they're definitely in business.

Last edited:

bansuri

Enlightened
I'd love to order a couple lights today, however, until they allow ordering non-QTC I have no interest. I've had 3 and none worked to my liking, and I wasn't expecting much.
One arrived with the threads completely worn out from the previous user after minimal use. The others were had varied and intermittent operation without constant tweaking.
This site will be great for Peak, sad to see that the fixed levels are a thing of the past. (I've got my fingers crossed that will change!)

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a non-QTC option. If you can't get in touch with Peak you can always go through Oveready.

One arrived with the threads completely worn out from the previous user after minimal use.

That's a screw-up from the previous owner. Yikes. Not sure I'd blame Peak for it.

Last edited:

bansuri

Enlightened
Poor choice of words on my part. Light arrived with TIPS of threads worn out as the threads on the head did not engage the threads on the body. Manufacturing defect aggravated by resistance from QTC operation.
Mistakes happen. Regardless I'll still be getting a brass El Cap level 3 if possible. Probably an eiger too.
Thanks for the tip!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh snap, you're right, Peak DOES have the El Cap still listed on their site for sale.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poor choice of words on my part. Light arrived with TIPS of threads worn out as the threads on the head did not engage the threads on the body. Manufacturing defect aggravated by resistance from QTC operation.
Mistakes happen. Regardless I'll still be getting a brass El Cap level 3 if possible. Probably an eiger too.
Thanks for the tip!

No problem! You're right, that's a manufacturing defect. You can send it to Peak and they'll fix it. It looks like they're really trying to turn things around.

Oh snap, you're right, Peak DOES have the El Cap still listed on their site for sale.

Awfully tempting.:naughty:

Last edited: