Light+Building fair in Frankfurt Germany is the worlds biggest lighting fair, held every two years. I paid a visit and thought to share the important news from the best known LED producers:
- New and improved MT-G, called MT-G version II. The details are few but it seems it will have 54% more lumens at 25W, 2586lm instead of 1670lm
- XP-G is back with a twist: smaller size, better price and is now called the XB-D. We will have to wait until summer to see what "better price" means.
Philips - Lumileds:
- Remember K2? Now we have K 4, 8, 12, 14, 16 and 24. The number means the number of LEDs in a module. The K 12 is similar in performance to the MT-G II.
- No new LEDs, only improvements on the current versions: 183, 219 and 157.
- Z series, Z5 - similar to Cree XP-E, Z7 - similar to Cree MC-E
- ZC their first COB LED
At www.facebook.com/LedRise you can see some pictures from the fair, a comparison between XP-G and the new XB-D, MT-G Gen II vs K 12 UP and what Nichia improved to their LEDs.