Storacell

Thread: Just ordered.....a Fenix E11 Compact 105 Lumen Flashlight.

Default Just ordered.....a Fenix E11 Compact 105 Lumen Flashlight.

Hope it's good, and the price was right.....FREE!

Had a coupon. Can this light be put on your keys?

Default Re: Just ordered.....a Fenix E11 Compact 105 Lumen Flashlight.

I had a couple of them. They're a little bit too big to put onto a keychain, but work well for what they are. It fit well in my EDC bag before I changed it out for something more powerful.

I've heard of some people putting in a 14500 for better performance out of it, but I also heard from those same people that the light gets really hot with it and the LED begins to suffer over time (color & brightness change).

I like my E11 - I'd like it even more if it was free!

I also think it is a bit big for keychain but it's a very nice EDC, bright enough for most things, good runtime, very robust, nice white beam.

I can imagine it would suffer if you ran it with a 14500 as the lens is plastic so might discolour or even distort if it got too hot.

Thanks guys...but damn, guessing from how little people have commented this light must not be that good.

I have an E11 also. I haven't tried an 14500, I figured this would ruin the LED. For an inexpensive single AA light it's awesome. I do like the beam profile and fenix did a great job with their first run at an optic. It's a tough, bright, compact EDC torch.
    Elzetta M60 | Fenix E01 E05 | Surefire 6P C2 E2E E2L-AA | Malkoff: M61-219 M61HCRI M61 Malkoff 3D Maglite
    Certified Malkoff Junkie....

Quote Originally Posted by BIG45-70 View Post
    I have an E11 also. I haven't tried an 14500, I figured this would ruin the LED. For an inexpensive single AA light it's awesome. I do like the beam profile and fenix did a great job with their first run at an optic. It's a tough, bright, compact EDC torch.
    Thanks....I can't wait to get it, I think this is gonna start another crazed hobby I get into to. I have 2 G2's and another light...I forgot the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooly View Post
    Thanks guys...but damn, guessing from how little people have commented this light must not be that good.
    It just isn't a cutting-edge light that gets a lot of attention.

I got one too, and it's just a perfect single AA EDC light. Mine has a great tint, a nice all-round beam, and it's still small enough to fit any coat pocket. Even fits in jeans/trousers pockets, if they aren't too tight.

Enjoy it when it arrives.
    Everybody minds about their make-up, while they should be making their minds up.

My flashlight collection.

Haven't seen one in person so I just want to ask if it has the normal reflector like most lights or if it has optic with the likes of the E05?

It has an optic, a plastic one. Mine already has a few scratches on it. Doesn't impair the beam though.

Check this post for some nice pictures of that TIR optic.
    Last edited by Richub; 04-21-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Everybody minds about their make-up, while they should be making their minds up.

My flashlight collection.

It is bright even with a Nimh battery. I don't think you'll feel pushed to a li-ion cell. The low mode is too bright for close up reading. Some say they had misaligned led and optics. Mine is fine, but I have a E15 from the same series and it is really not well centered.

I'm actually going to be ordering this same light for my EDC. What coupon did you use?
    "Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway"

Quote Originally Posted by booky View Post
    I'm actually going to be ordering this same light for my EDC. What coupon did you use?
    I got mine from amazon, but they messed up on several orders of mine and they gave me some "credit" to use on my next purchase...and that happened to be the same amount of the light!

Quote Originally Posted by Richub View Post
    It has an optic, a plastic one. Mine already has a few scratches on it. Doesn't impair the beam though.

Check this post for some nice pictures of that TIR optic.
    Thanks....I read the thread.

Flashaholic

My E11 is part of my EDC rotation. The other two are my Nitecore Extreme Infinity and 4sevens Quark MiNiX. Whenever I leave the house, I'll have one those with me. I run mine on Sanyo Eneloops or Energizer lithiums, both work well. The throw of the beam is very good, probably because of the optical lense and the led it uses (CREE XPE). The tint is nice and white (which I like) and the build quality is excellent, typical of Fenix lights. You made a good choice.
    Surefire E2E,L4,C2,M2,Z2,Z3,G2,G2Z,G3,9P,6P,6PD,6PX/Malkoff MDC,M91,M61,M61W,M61NL,2C,3-6D/Sportac 3xXPG2,3xNichia,XML2/EDC+ X60L U2,T6/Fenix TK35,LD22,E21,E11,E05,MC11/4Sevens AA2,MiNiX/Solarforce MP Pro-2,L2P,L2T/Nitecore E3 R2/Inova X03,X1/Mag 4D,3D,3C,2D,2C

I also ordered a Fenix E11 a couple of days ago. I should have it on Thursday or Friday next week. I'm planning on posting comparative photos: traditional white wall beamshots, ceiling bounce and "real life shots" between the Fenix E11 and the Zebralight SC 51 that I already have. In this case, "real life shots" means an attempt to show how well the lights illuminate the insides of an old TV or computer.

Quote Originally Posted by flashlight chronic View Post
    My E11 is part of my EDC rotation. The other two are my Nitecore Extreme Infinity and 4sevens Quark MiNiX. Whenever I leave the house, I'll have one those with me. I run mine on Sanyo Eneloops or Energizer lithiums, both work well. The throw of the beam is very good, probably because of the optical lense and the led it uses (CREE XPE). The tint is nice and white (which I like) and the build quality is excellent, typical of Fenix lights. You made a good choice.
    Thanks....and thanks to the other guys to!

Although its cheap, it's one of my fav light. Very well built and bright.
    47 Preon Ti. ITP A3 SS, Zebralight SC51 Neutral, Fenix LD25, E11, HL30 & PD32UE, Gerber IU, Jetbeam PC10, Nitecore SRT 5 & EA4, Thrunite Archer 2A, Sunwayman V11R & D40A, Ayup MTB Light.

well...I got it today, it nice.....and bright. On the high output the beam is really white, makes mine SF G2 looks yellow. It's crazy all that light coming from that little flashlight.

Yes, it is a nice light. To me it seems just as bright as my Nitecore EZAA R5 and Jetbeam PA01 which are rated around 140 - 160 lumens max. It must be due to the more focussed beam I suppose.

I didn't get mine this week (out of stock) but I'm glad to hear that those who have theirs are happy with build quality and output. I've been promised that it's likely to arrive next week, and as the saying goes: Good things come to those who wait.

I got one yesterday and I think you will be hard to find a better AA light for the price, it really does look brighter than 105lmn more like 150-160 but I suppose that is because of the TIR optic which really works great in this light.

No it doesn't have a pocket clip but it's so small it goes unnoticed in your pocket, it's not great on a white wall but take it outside and any beam imperfections disappear. I like it so much I may give this one to my wife and order another, this time in silver.
    My flashlight collection HERE

The E11 is a great little light. Because it uses an optic you get an infinite light fade on the spill instead of the step down you get with reflectors. That makes it great for walking around with because it allows you to see your feet while holding the light straight ahead. Plus it's tough as hell. I have had mine go through the wash and the dryer no problem. I've done a lot of stupid things to it just to see what happens but nothing has killed it yet. Enojy.
    "Maybe you should just stick to fire on a stick... it's received excellent reviews here - plus it's a time tested design..."