Just ordered.....a Fenix E11 Compact 105 Lumen Flashlight.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Hope it's good, and the price was right.....FREE! :party:

Had a coupon. Can this light be put on your keys?

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I had a couple of them. They're a little bit too big to put onto a keychain, but work well for what they are. It fit well in my EDC bag before I changed it out for something more powerful.

I've heard of some people putting in a 14500 for better performance out of it, but I also heard from those same people that the light gets really hot with it and the LED begins to suffer over time (color & brightness change).

davecroft

Enlightened
I like my E11 - I'd like it even more if it was free!

I also think it is a bit big for keychain but it's a very nice EDC, bright enough for most things, good runtime, very robust, nice white beam.

I can imagine it would suffer if you ran it with a 14500 as the lens is plastic so might discolour or even distort if it got too hot.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys...but damn, guessing from how little people have commented this light must not be that good. :whistle:

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I have an E11 also. I haven't tried an 14500, I figured this would ruin the LED. For an inexpensive single AA light it's awesome. I do like the beam profile and fenix did a great job with their first run at an optic. It's a tough, bright, compact EDC torch.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
I have an E11 also. I haven't tried an 14500, I figured this would ruin the LED. For an inexpensive single AA light it's awesome. I do like the beam profile and fenix did a great job with their first run at an optic. It's a tough, bright, compact EDC torch.

Thanks....I can't wait to get it, I think this is gonna start another crazed hobby I get into to. I have 2 G2's and another light...I forgot the name.

Richub

Enlightened
Thanks guys...but damn, guessing from how little people have commented this light must not be that good. :whistle:
It just isn't a cutting-edge light that gets a lot of attention. ;)

I got one too, and it's just a perfect single AA EDC light. Mine has a great tint, a nice all-round beam, and it's still small enough to fit any coat pocket. Even fits in jeans/trousers pockets, if they aren't too tight.

Enjoy it when it arrives. :)

ico

Enlightened
Haven't seen one in person so I just want to ask if it has the normal reflector like most lights or if it has optic with the likes of the E05?

Kokopelli

Enlightened
It is bright even with a Nimh battery. I don't think you'll feel pushed to a li-ion cell. The low mode is too bright for close up reading. Some say they had misaligned led and optics. Mine is fine, but I have a E15 from the same series and it is really not well centered.

booky

Newly Enlightened
I'm actually going to be ordering this same light for my EDC. What coupon did you use?

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
I'm actually going to be ordering this same light for my EDC. What coupon did you use?

I got mine from amazon, but they messed up on several orders of mine and they gave me some "credit" to use on my next purchase...and that happened to be the same amount of the light! :party:

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
My E11 is part of my EDC rotation. The other two are my Nitecore Extreme Infinity and 4sevens Quark MiNiX. Whenever I leave the house, I'll have one those with me. I run mine on Sanyo Eneloops or Energizer lithiums, both work well. The throw of the beam is very good, probably because of the optical lense and the led it uses (CREE XPE). The tint is nice and white (which I like) and the build quality is excellent, typical of Fenix lights. You made a good choice. :thumbsup:

Swede74

Enlightened
I also ordered a Fenix E11 a couple of days ago. I should have it on Thursday or Friday next week. I'm planning on posting comparative photos: traditional white wall beamshots, ceiling bounce and "real life shots" between the Fenix E11 and the Zebralight SC 51 that I already have. In this case, "real life shots" means an attempt to show how well the lights illuminate the insides of an old TV or computer.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
My E11 is part of my EDC rotation. The other two are my Nitecore Extreme Infinity and 4sevens Quark MiNiX. Whenever I leave the house, I'll have one those with me. I run mine on Sanyo Eneloops or Energizer lithiums, both work well. The throw of the beam is very good, probably because of the optical lense and the led it uses (CREE XPE). The tint is nice and white (which I like) and the build quality is excellent, typical of Fenix lights. You made a good choice. :thumbsup:

Thanks....and thanks to the other guys to! :thumbsup:

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
well...I got it today, it nice.....and bright. On the high output the beam is really white, makes mine SF G2 looks yellow. It's crazy all that light coming from that little flashlight.

davecroft

Enlightened
Yes, it is a nice light. To me it seems just as bright as my Nitecore EZAA R5 and Jetbeam PA01 which are rated around 140 - 160 lumens max. It must be due to the more focussed beam I suppose.

Swede74

Enlightened
I didn't get mine this week :( (out of stock) but I'm glad to hear that those who have theirs are happy with build quality and output. I've been promised that it's likely to arrive next week, and as the saying goes: Good things come to those who wait.