• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mac's SST50 EDC

bornagainst

Newly Enlightened
One left!

#2 Clipless 4500k SST50, 1.4a, 16340 only, 3 level $285 *Withdrawn*

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02147.jpg

TERMS OF SALE:
-*CONUS ONLY!*
-PayPal only!
-Prices include USPS Priority Mail shipping w/ DC# and PP fees. Buyer pays for insurance (if you want it). I am not responsible for shipping mishaps!
-First "I'll take it" followed by prompt PM gets it.
-I must receive payment within 24 hours or it goes back up for sale. Include your CPF screen name in PP notes.
-I reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone - if I do so it will be for a damn good reason.

*Sold to MrSypher* #1. 6500k SST50, 2.8a, 16340 only, 3 level, with clip $275
*Sold to Silgt* #3. 4500k SST50, 2.8a, 16340 only, 3 level, with clip $275

Last edited:

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened
Re: Mac's SST50 EDC's

Oh man this is tempting. I get paid in the morning and I want one real bad. The wife might cut me off though. How are the 2 tints? Is the 6500 blue at all? purple at all?

bornagainst

Newly Enlightened

The 6500k is definitely very cool and the 4500k is a perfect (imo) neutral. They are both BRIGHT!

Last edited:

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened

I was really wanting an XML EDC but Im really contemplating this. Ive never had an SST50 however so I have no idea how the beam is. I wish I knew if an SST50 was close to the same type of beam. UGHHH. This horrible addiction

archimedes

Flashaholic
I was really wanting an XML EDC but Im really contemplating this. Ive never had an SST50 however so I have no idea how the beam is. I wish I knew if an SST50 was close to the same type of beam. UGHHH. This horrible addiction

Although I don't (yet) have a Mac, I have several other XM-L and SST-50 based torches .... personally, I prefer the generally throwier beam of the SST-50 emitters.

Also, probably obvious (given the photos), but just to confirm - these are the titanium models?

Tempting, I agree .... :devil:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know if this helps any, but I've owned both an sst-50 and xml p60 dropin from nailbender using the same exact op reflector and it's a bit strange. The shape of the beam is almost the same with the sst-50 having a sharper transition between the hotspot and flood area and the xml has a more gradual fade from hotspot to flood. You'd expect it to be the opposite. :shrug: Output was nearly the same with the slight edge to the xml. But I'll tell you, I edc'd mac's sst-50 for a while and it was one of the best lights I've carried. Compact, but great output. The 4500k tint is just about perfect. The clip holds well but not to the point that it will tear up your pockets. And titanium is just a beautiful material to handle.

bornagainst

Newly Enlightened

Also, probably obvious (given the photos), but just to confirm - these are the titanium models?
They are Ti!

If you opt to sell the clipless one at some point I'd be interested.
PM incoming...

The shape of the beam is almost the same with the sst-50 having a sharper transition between the hotspot and flood area and the xml has a more gradual fade from hotspot to flood. You'd expect it to be the opposite. :shrug: Output was nearly the same with the slight edge to the xml.
You could not have described it any better!

UGHHH. This horrible addiction
:devil:

MrSypher

Newly Enlightened

I'll take one off your hands.. Sending PM...

jjohnson34

Newly Enlightened

Oh youre in Minneapolis too. So am I. I really want to make one of these mine

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take...#3. 4500k SST50, 2.8a, 16340 only, 3 level, with clip $275

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

PayPal sent :paypal: (Unique Transaction ID # 4VA94874T7776361A) ...PM coming your way

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got a PayPal refund from you...what gives???