4 Sevens
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Converter board availability

  1. #1

    Default Converter board availability

    Haven't bought stuff for a while but still frequently check up converter board availability.
    Surprised to see that many boards are low in stock, especially the NG1000 and GD1000 which I've been primarily using. Once they're sold out, when will these be restocked?

    Also the SOB1000 is also gone from the list and only the SOB400 remains. What's going on here??
    And, how come some low-current drivers (eg. NG500) and those ultra-expensive drivers (eg. GDuP) are still plenty??

  2. #2

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Quote Originally Posted by yazkaz View Post
    Haven't bought stuff for a while but still frequently check up converter board availability.
    Surprised to see that many boards are low in stock, especially the NG1000 and GD1000 which I've been primarily using. Once they're sold out, when will these be restocked?

    Also the SOB1000 is also gone from the list and only the SOB400 remains. What's going on here??
    And, how come some low-current drivers (eg. NG500) and those ultra-expensive drivers (eg. GDuP) are still plenty??
    There has been very little demand for the straight boost converters like the Nexgen and badboy series. The primary sellers are SOB and GDuP converter boards.

    We keep stock of pretty much all the boards even if they go out of stock on the site. If something shows no stock, contact us and we can give you status of our inventory.

    Wayne

  3. #3

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    You can choose a converter board blank and customize to any resistor configuration.

    As you can see we have many flavors available, but not all are selling.

    If you email I can add stock to a particular flavor you want to buy.

    For example, adding a .10 resistor to a Nexgen 500 makes a NG1000


    We are currently out of SOB converters. More will be built.
    Last edited by Ms_SS; 04-21-2012 at 04:50 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Well I hope you folks can stock a few more NG1000s and GD1000s, these are popular boards amongst this modding community.
    For me I'll need a few of these said ones.
    Won't be able to purchase anything until later this year. Hope these won't get sold out by then -- or I'll be in trouble.

    BTW not interested in ordering a blank board then pay extra for resistor installation, unless a board with unique/unusual current rating (eg. 833mA) is needed.
    Don't really want to go thru this treatment if I am to order a 1A driver.

  5. #5
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sitting' on the dock o' The Bay...
    Posts
    2,269

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Cindy, I just noticed that the Mad Max Lite is no longer listed. Can these be purchased still?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Quote Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    Cindy, I just noticed that the Mad Max Lite is no longer listed. Can these be purchased still?
    The only stock left is a run of boards with soldermask over the backside anode pad. These are available if there is interest. There is no resistor where the trim pot is and that would need to be jumpered as well to enable full power or a trim pot will need to be installed if you want to make it adjustable.

    Wayne

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Berkeley CA
    Posts
    1,535

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Can you recommend/build anything along the lines of Goldserve's Flupic?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    Can you recommend/build anything along the lines of Goldserve's Flupic?
    What would be the battery configuration? For a CR123/R123 single cell configuration you can use a GDuP. For currents greater than 1A and input voltage greater than 6V you can use a step down like the Shark Buck with a Remora board.

    Wayne

  9. #9

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    Can you recommend/build anything along the lines of Goldserve's Flupic?
    +1 to that! The FluPIC's 10 user configurable levels, plus mode memory in group three was the sh--! Not to mention the user configurable strobe mode!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Quote Originally Posted by yazkaz View Post
    Well I hope you folks can stock a few more NG1000s and GD1000s, these are popular boards amongst this modding community.
    For me I'll need a few of these said ones.
    Won't be able to purchase anything until later this year. Hope these won't get sold out by then -- or I'll be in trouble.

    BTW not interested in ordering a blank board then pay extra for resistor installation, unless a board with unique/unusual current rating (eg. 833mA) is needed.
    Don't really want to go thru this treatment if I am to order a 1A driver.
    I have BB Nexgen 1000 online. More SOB 1000 should be available at the end of the week. We have some Badboy 1000 online as well.

    Stock up on some converter boards so you will have them in your inventory when you need them.
    Last edited by Ms_SS; 06-05-2012 at 11:22 AM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Just completed a run of SOB converters. If the configuration you want is not shown, ask through email.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    What's happened to the single level GD boards? They've been gone for some while already...

    Please have some GD1000s available in the long run.
    Last edited by yazkaz; 06-12-2013 at 11:45 AM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Please check as a few GD1000 and Madmax lite have been put online in April.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    So exactly how many GD1000s are available then?

    Back in late April the Shoppe showed three left. But after I've ordered those three in early May, the Shoppe still shows two left.

    Is that a mistake? Or, the GD1000s do get replenished quickly once they're sold out?

  15. #15
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sitting' on the dock o' The Bay...
    Posts
    2,269

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Cindy/Wayne, I just noticed the "Tiny Boost Driver 11mm", but, didn't see any specs. Being a boost driver I'm assuming 1.5V max? What's the output? This might be perfect for a project that I've got in my head.

    Edited to add: Doh! Just saw that its 350mA. Perfect!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Quote Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    Cindy/Wayne, I just noticed the "Tiny Boost Driver 11mm", but, didn't see any specs. Being a boost driver I'm assuming 1.5V max? What's the output? This might be perfect for a project that I've got in my head.
    Edited to add: Doh! Just saw that its 350mA. Perfect!
    Yeah I"ve noticed that too, still no specs whatsoever (unlike on the BBNG/GD/SOB pages). Also top view pic wasn't there either until only recently, and is very crude without nomenclature. Very low-res with components barely identifiable.

    For the record I wouldn't even consider a board like this without any specs and details present. Which is why I never turn to cheaper board alternatives like those on the DX pages......

    So NO, I wouldn't assume this tiny driver to have VIn(max) 1.5V. If in doubt, ask Wayne to post the full specs.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Wayne designed and made this 11mm single level boost driver originally for Modamag's Draco.
    No cheap components used here. No junkie converters sold at the Sandwich Shoppe.
    Last edited by Ms_SS; 06-20-2013 at 08:54 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    No one ever mentioned "cheap parts," and there's little to no doubt on the capability of Wayne's drivers.

    But without specs, it'll be hard for some customers to decide on getting a specific driver. So posting specs on a driver is always helpful to the proepective customer.
    Last edited by yazkaz; 06-18-2013 at 08:56 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    I do agree with you yazkaz, but Wayne does not remember the specs of this converter.

    It may help knowing the Draco uses the following batteries:
    Power Source:
    · 10280 Li-Ion
    * 10440 Li-Ion (with extension pack)

    Please proceed with caution by testing the converter before installing and use at your own risk.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    Just rechecked the page and find that most driver boards have been dried up lately...

    GD1000 has been taken down, SOB1000 nets zero (again for months), and just 9 BBNG1000s left?

    Any chance of restocking the first two? (My life depends on these three.)

  21. #21

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    We have a lot of nexgen and SOB converters. Do you need 10+? Let me know.
    They can be made to any configuration by adding or changing resistors.

    We are out of GD converters and working on running some.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Converter board availability

    I never buy more than 10 per driver board each time, just 2-3 or 4 at most. Typically I only stick to 1A versions of GD, BBNG, and SOB.

    Anyway try to get more GD1000s going! There's always demand for that.

    My next order won't be until mid summer so hopefully the said drivers will be in stock again by then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •