Where can I buy Cree XT-E royal blue LEDs, preferably XTEARY-00-0000-000000N04?

LarsB

Newly Enlightened
Any ideas where I can find/buy Cree XT-E royal blue LEDs, preferably XTEARY-00-0000-000000N04, on starboards (MCPCB's)?

I searched the "usual suspects" Mouser, Farnell, Digikey, etc., but they only seem to have the surface mount versions, no starboards, and not the N04 bin (D36-D37=450nm-455nm and 550-575mW).
Actually the only source for these LEDs on starboards I could find is here: http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Powe...r-royal-blue-on-Star-PCB-LT-1835_120_184.html

But the values displayed for wavelength, luminous flux, voltage etc. on this web page are all wrong, the correct values are:
Manufacturer code of this reel is XTEARY-0-D46-330-F0-0001
Wavelength range is D46 = 455.0 nm- 457.5nm
Radiant Flux 330 corresponds to 525mW – 550mW
Voltage range is F0 = 2.75V-3.0V

Thanks a lot for any hints!

blasterman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last bunch of XT-E's I ordered from RapidLED tested at exactly 451-452nm on my spectrometer, and they've been consistent. Not sure what flux they were.....

mds82

Enlightened
If you find the LED's and boards i an re-flow them for you. I've done this hundreds of times with my own LED's

LarsB

Newly Enlightened
If you find the LED's and boards i an re-flow them for you. I've done this hundreds of times with my own LED's
Thanks a lot for the offer!
I will consider that, as a last resort! :)

LarsB

Newly Enlightened
Last bunch of XT-E's I ordered from RapidLED tested at exactly 451-452nm on my spectrometer, and they've been consistent. Not sure what flux they were.....
Thanks a lot for the hint with "RapidLED"!
I didn't know them and I'll check them out ASAP!

LarsB

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

thanks a lot for all your help!
I ended up using the LEDs from Craig Shih from Illuminationsupply.

If you want to see what underwater fluorescence looks like (which is what I used these LEDs for),
and why some people say that it is like being in the movie "Avatar",
have a look at this video of mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V9TCdCbX6U

BTW, it turned out that fluorescence is much stronger with blue light than with UV,
apparently because marine life has adapted during evolution to the properties of water,
which is more transparent to blue light than it is to UV.

Enjoy!

evilc66

Enlightened
Some of us here, like Blasterman and myself, are into reef aquariums, so we are familiar with the fluorescence of marine life. 420-500nm produces the bulk of the fluorescence, and different wavelength ranges brings out different fluorescent proteins. 455nm royal blue has the widest effect, but play with some other violet, blue, and cyan LEDs to see how different things get. 365nm UV does some interesting things for fluorescence also, so try that too.

evilc66

Enlightened
No, but it really depends on what colors you want to fluoresce. 46-470nm is great for red and orange fluorescing proteins, but 455nm and under, and 480nm and over fluoresce different colors.

Latest posts