Always search for coupon codes when buying new lights, batteries, or anything online.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prior to about 2 years ago, I'd never heard of coupon codes available online simply by doing a Google search. When I'd go to buy something at an online store, I'd always see the spot where you were told to enter your coupon codes, but I thought that was some kind of special coupon that people might've received in the mail or something, but I just knew it didnt apply to me so I ignored it.

Then, somehow I discovered these online coupon code sites, where all you have to do is do a Google search for coupon codes for whatever online store you are just about to buy something from, then you go to these coupon sites, and on the first page, there either will be or wont be coupon code(s) which may or may not still be usable.

Sometimes I still forget to even look for coupon codes when buying online, or I will just assume that the store I'm buying from wont have any online coupon codes. That is a stupid assumption. I'd say that about 60-70% of the time I look for coupon codes, I find one or more that save me money wherever I'm shopping online.

After doing much research and reading to figure out which 18650 size LED flashlight I wanted, and after giving up on my most recent choice, which was the Lumapower D Mini EX-2 because of a lack of info and videos and support, etc., I finally decided on the Zebralight SC600.

There were a few sellers, but I liked the fact that the goinggear guy takes the time to do videos illustrating his wares, so I decided to give him the business. So aside from the flashlight, I also needed a decent 18650 battery and a good charger that could charge 4 batteries at a time of all types and sizes safely, so I chose the Eagletac 3100mah 18650, and the Nightcore Intellicharge I4 charger. That brought my total to $140.

Then I did a search for a coupon code almost as an afterthought, because I didnt think there would be a code for that store, but I looked, and the first code had supposedly been used successfully 92% of the time, and as recently as 20 minutes earlier. But it failed. So I went to code #2, and tried it at goinggear right before it was time to press pay, and it worked, and saved me 10% or about $14, bringing my total down to $125.99......

Thats pretty awesome. It took me less than 2 minutes to do it, and saved $14, which paid for the Eagletac 18650 battery($13.99):thumbsup:

So I think it's a good idea to ALWAYS take the 2 minutes or less to check for coupon codes at the various coupon code sites. All it took was a Google search for "Coupon codes for goinggear.com", and then choose from the Google results and pick a coupon code, copy and paste it into the coupon code area, and probably more often than not, you'll save some money.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Codes began as a way for stores to show appreciation to frequent or return customers. They were placed in newsletters, and order confirmations and other low/special access places. Then they became a way to drive new traffic, with placements on sites like twitter and FB.

The assumption is that some customers will have them and some will not. This two class setup allows stores to charge to little and to much, at the same time, balancing on the average. But if the 'coded class' gets to large, base prices will go up or codes will disappear.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Codes began as a way for stores to show appreciation to frequent or return customers. They were placed in newsletters, and order confirmations and other low/special access places. Then they became a way to drive new traffic, with placements on sites like twitter and FB.

The assumption is that some customers will have them and some will not. This two class setup allows stores to charge to little and to much, at the same time, balancing on the average. But if the 'coded class' gets to large, base prices will go up or codes will disappear.

Oh no! This could become another source of class warfare.... Are you suggesting that I am now a member of the "priviledged" coded class?

As a member of the 'coded class', maybe I made a big mistake by starting this thread, because now I've opened the door into 'our' priviledged class to the "dregs" of the non-coded class!(LMAO!)

You are right about the price part of the equation, as goinggear was charging $99.99 for the ZL SC600, when the MSRP is $95, so they were probably doing that to make up for the people of the "coded class" who get a discount, by charging $5 more, in hopes it will all equal out in the end.......

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
As a member of the 'coded class', maybe I made a big mistake by starting this thread, because now I've opened the door into 'our' priviledged class to the "dregs" of the non-coded class!(LMAO!)

Fastest way to erase a class is to increase awareness of it, so I suppose you have ;)