Question: I've got a free P7 or P14 coming to me - which to get please?

Sick Puppy

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, first time I've been back in a while - lots happening - marriage, kids, moving between islands, city levelling earthquakes, the usual lol

Anyhow, we have a bonus points scheme here in NZ, and we have enough points on it to get a free Led Lenser P7 or P14. My question (request for advice) is which one to get please?

I know they have different uses - one at home, and one in a bag etc. - but we're moving countries soon, so there's nothing else we want / will use. We might as well use to points for something... ;)

I've read a few comparisons, but there's nothing definitive, so any pointers would be much appreciated - thanks!

PS - I know these are made in China, a shop assistant I spoke to today was adamant they had the last of the 'German' stock. How likely is this? I smell BS, but it always pays to ask...

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
P14, better runtime on AA's and better throw/output. The only thing the P7 has over the P14 is that it's smaller, but other than that performance-wise P14 beats anything the P7 dishes out.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, personally, i own a P14, i got this over the P7 because i knew the runtime on 4xAA's would be longer than the AAA's on the P7. I love this light, but I dont use it anymore.