Will the Zebralight SC600 take a 68mm Eagletac 3100man 18650 battery?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the ZL SC600 yesterday, after exhaustive research, which included picking 1 or 2 other lights, then changing my mind and finally picking the ZL. Its my 1st 18650 light, and I didnt know squat about 18650's or many of the other Li-ion specialty batts. So I read into that and asked questions over at the battery forum here, and read reviews etc. If I hadnt done so, I wouldve ordered a Trustfire or Ultrafire and probably an unprotected one at that. But since I did the research here, I avoided all the ****fire batteries altogether.

I read one review that included all sorts of charts and graphs illustrating every aspect of these batts, and one chart compared the lengths of many of the different brands, and different capacity batteries. It looked as if the Eagletac 3100mah battery was on the shorter end of the spectrum compared to other 18650's of similar capacity in length. Its 68mm. So I didnt see any problem with it. I watched videos of the ZL SC600 and SC600w, and saw people using different batts in them, including high cap batts.

About 3 hours after ordering the light, I went back to look at the specs, and read the official ZL specs at 2 different stores, and it says the SC600 and SC600w both use batts up to 67mm. As stated earlier, even though the Eagletac 3100mah batt is compared to be shorter than many high cap batts, it's still 68mm.

Is that 1mm going to be a problem? After seeing that, I left an email with goinggear telling them to call me if it will be a problem so I can order a different battery. Has anyone else used high cap batts in that are a bit longer than the specs call for in this or other lights? Should it be avoided even if its only 1mm?

Dubois

Enlightened
I have one of the newer Sc600w lights (with step down and lanyard ring). No problems with Eagletac 3100mAh battery - fits OK in mine.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
One more for reassurance... yes, the ET 3100mAH battery will fit. That's what I was running in my SC600 and it ran just fine. Turning the tailcap maybe 1/8 a turn locked it out too.