Just got my TM11

Adam2670

Newly Enlightened
And checked under the hood to find rev 1.11, is this okay? I believe there are later revisions, should I be looking to exchange it for one of those? What are the differences?

thanks!
-A

jalal20

Enlightened
from what i've read before, the 1.11 was an updated version but also had some problems like the 10 version, you should exchange it with the 1.12 which is the latest and most reliable version so far and which happens to be the version I got in my TM11 that arrived yesterday.

And checked under the hood to find rev 1.11, is this okay? I believe there are later revisions, should I be looking to exchange it for one of those? What are the differences?

thanks!
-A

Adam2670

Newly Enlightened
So far I'm only seeing a battery fit issue, is that's all I'll probably keep it since my Panasonic 3100's fit fine, if it's more than that I'll see if I can send it back for a replacement...

jalal20

Enlightened
So far I'm only seeing a battery fit issue, is that's all I'll probably keep it since my Panasonic 3100's fit fine, if it's more than that I'll see if I can send it back for a replacement...

Take a look at this
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...18650-3xXM-L)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO
He writes an update at the beginning
UPDATE April 19, 2012: To clarify, all three of my review samples were received in October-November of 2011. The first version (batch code V1.10) experienced flickering issues on Turbo. The second (batch code V1.11) experienced an emitter failure. The third was also batch code V1.11, but apparently with improved emitter soldering. Subsequent to the completion of this review, I understood Nitecore was going to adjust to lower return set point for the thermal sensor, to try and reduce the variability in the hysterisis function noted in my review samples (i.e., the oscillations between Hi and Turbo). I presume this change was made to later V1.11 lights, but have no specific knowledge. Recently, a V1.12 has appeared on the market, which seems to have a circuit change causing the red LED ring around the on-switch to light up continuously when the light is on. But there may have been other circuit changes introduced over time, including throughout the V1.11 batch run.