Passing the CPF torch

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I realized I visit cpf and the market place quite often. One night it just came to me... What happens if Greta can no longer take care of cpf/cpfmp? Then what? If it pass to other members? Will they maintain the sites like Greta? What rules/regulations will change? Will it be for sale?! This is great community and I can't bare the thoughts of these sites disappearing. I'll go as far as saying this is the GREATEST community I joined. People are willing to help, pass knowledge, give advices on numerous subjects, and always willing to help other members whenever possible.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

Greta

Flashaholic
At this time, I have no plans to ever sell CPF. If/when I can no longer take care of it, it will be given to someone who has the same passion and respect for it as I do. I have already chosen that someone. And I have also already set something up in case of my untimely demise so that person will be given everything they need to (hopefully) seamlessly take over. My family has instructions. If this person that I have chosen cannot for whatever reason take over, then it will be passed on to another person who I feel will maintain the integrity of what has been created here. Ultimately the goal is have CPF continue forever... with or without me... but with the same standands, integrity, and community that it currently has.

ikeyballz

Newly Enlightened
At this time, I have no plans to ever sell CPF. If/when I can no longer take care of it, it will be given to someone who has the same passion and respect for it as I do. I have already chosen that someone. And I have also already set something up in case of my untimely demise so that person will be given everything they need to (hopefully) seamlessly take over. My family has instructions. If this person that I have chosen cannot for whatever reason take over, then it will be passed on to another person who I feel will maintain the integrity of what has been created here. Ultimately the goal is have CPF continue forever... with or without me... but with the same standands, integrity, and community that it currently has.

Slightly morbid...but thanks! CPF has a wealth of knowledge - and not only for flashaholics. Whenever I look for battery info I always do a CPF search since the userbase here does so much reviews on them

Greta

Flashaholic
Slightly morbid...but thanks! ...

Yeah... that's what my family said too. But what's the alternative? I've been charged with the guardianship of this incredible place (the Powers That Be have a very unique sense of humor). If I "go away", it all goes with me. In my opinion that would make me a very BAD guardian of something that really isn't mine. The knowledge contained within these forums belongs to the members... not to me. And I have no right whatsoever to just let it fall to nothingness. So I have made arrangements for the legacy to continue. Morbid? Yeah... but so is buying insurance and having a will drawn up. It's part of life.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, a site that is run for flashlight enthusiasts, by flashlight enthusiasts! :thumbsup: Truly made up of a community of very good members.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
At this time, I have no plans to ever sell CPF. If/when I can no longer take care of it, it will be given to someone who has the same passion and respect for it as I do. I have already chosen that someone. And I have also already set something up in case of my untimely demise so that person will be given everything they need to (hopefully) seamlessly take over. My family has instructions. If this person that I have chosen cannot for whatever reason take over, then it will be passed on to another person who I feel will maintain the integrity of what has been created here. Ultimately the goal is have CPF continue forever... with or without me... but with the same standards, integrity, and community that it currently has.

Thank you for looking out for us. No matter what happens, you'll always be our favorite serving wench. :thanks:

greenLED

Flashaholic
At this time, I have no plans to ever sell CPF. If/when I can no longer take care of it, it will be given to someone who has the same passion and respect for it as I do. I have already chosen that someone. And I have also already set something up in case of my untimely demise so that person will be given everything they need to (hopefully) seamlessly take over. My family has instructions. If this person that I have chosen cannot for whatever reason take over, then it will be passed on to another person who I feel will maintain the integrity of what has been created here. Ultimately the goal is have CPF continue forever... with or without me... but with the same standands, integrity, and community that it currently
has.

I didn't get your e-mail. Could you re-send it, please? :nana:

:crackup: Seriously, great to hear you have a plan. I wonder what would've hapenned to CPF when DavidW walked away from it and you hadn't been there? Glad to know that won't happen.

Kudos, Kel! Don't be dying on us any time soon.