Orbtronic CR2 charger and batteries

BobBarker

Newly Enlightened
Does any body have any experience with these chargers and batteries? I'm looking at getting a set to go with my Viridian C5L laser sight and I was wondering if these were really 3v or 3.6v? I have problems with the sight turning on without me knowing about it... And by the time I notice that it's been turned on, the batteries are dead. I've had to buy about a half dozen of them now, and at $2-3 each I think it's time for rechargeables.

Thanks,
Bob

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately if the same happened with a rechargeable, that would most likely be dead too. Lithium cells (even lifepo4) do not take kindly to being overdischarged.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, the 3v cells tend to be lifepo4. These are a 'safe' chemistry which don't use PCMs in general, they are resistant to overdischarge, but if you leave them to drain too long (e.g. having something accidentally switched on then left) then it would most probably do enough damage to destroy or seriously damage the cell.

If you find any RCR2 cells with protection circuits though, then please post back here. As far as I know, people (me included) have been looking for some for quite a while without success.

BobBarker

Newly Enlightened
do you know if anyone has tried a rechargeable in a veridian laser sight?

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob, did you ever give these a go? I'm wondering what the cell's rated capacity as it is not listed on the site (that I can find anyhow).