Olight M3X or Sunwayman T40CS

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings - In comparison, would love to hear feedback on any of these lights or others that are comparable.
Output seems similar, but it seems as each light has it's own pros/cons...Are the Surefire's that much better for the money?

M3X -

Pros:
- Throw
- Can run in shorter configuration
- Stainless Steel Clip

T20CS

Pros:
- Throw
- 3 Settings (2hrs on high, low will run for 60hrs)
- Side switch (One-handed operation)

swan

Banned
I really like my T40CS -huge lumens massive spill and laser type beam [46000+ lux] - i like the one handed ui and is really well made- it will impress.

380long

Newly Enlightened
I agree with swan I have the T40CS and it does throw real nice and has a useable spill which is something I like even in a thrower. I love side switches and Sunwayman quality is excellent in my book.

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
I have used both side by side, and I own the M3X.

The beam and spill is cleaner on the M3X. The throw is amazing.

I really prefer to run it in a shorter configuration so it was a better choice. It also gives me versatile battery options without a drop in output.

I do like the T40CS as well, the sideswitch is nice and the extra modes are also welcome.

My friend got a awsome deal on the T40CS, if you can find it cheap, it might be the way to go.

I dont think you can go wrong with either one, pick the features you like more. But in terms of beam quality and throw, I think the M3X wins.

Surefire is Surefire, you pay more for an american made light thats very durable. I have never had an issue with any of my Olights, and own enought backup lights to not really care.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Many thanks ExtremeX - great input. Leaning toward the T40CS, mostly for the side switch & lower output if need be...

Stol3n

Newly Enlightened
Is the T40CS as ringy as I've heard it to be. I really like the T40CS but was told I would not like it because it is very ringy.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
If you want the best thrower, the M3X will win. If you want the better quality light, the T40CS has the better finish and threads.