Anyone own a Ti Fireworm F1, or know anything about them?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw list brand listed on a thread with a list of lights that use P60 modules. It's supposedly made of titanium. It was among many other models and brands, so I looked it up, and it is a medium sized 18650 light.

The strange thing is though, it only costs $118.... Thats cheap for a medium sized flashlight made of titanium. The 2 newer, popular Ti lights made by Sunwayman and Jetbeam are small lights, and they cost $168-$180, so you'd think a light with 2-2.5 times the metal would cost much more, but apparently no...

The downside is that it runs on an R2 LED with a high of 240lu. But that could be upgraded easily and cheaply as the host is one of the most common designs.

But in one of the pics at their website, they show the serial number of that light and it says "489 of 500".
Is the Fireworm F1 a limited edition, and if so, they dont say anything about the 500 of them being sold out.

But whats really odd is the writing at the bottom of the Fireworm F1 webpage. It tells some broken story about people having spider veins(?) Its weird!

Maybe this is a ripoff, who knows?

We need to find a guinnea Pig to send money to them and see if they will actually send the light, and if its made of Ti.... I know one guy who nobody likes cause he lies a lot, but he's probably not into flashlights, so thats out....

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know, but firewormlight dot com seems to be their actual home page.

51coronet

Newly Enlightened
Have one it's decent. The stock LED module is bleh but easily changed yay. No cons from me other than the outdated and underdriven LED.

Ragnar66

Enlightened
I have one...it can be used as a headlamp, has a magnetic bottom cool light.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you upgrade your's yet? I read your linked thread about the light, but didnt see where you got it?

I see 4 different listings on Ebay selling them, all out of Hong Kong.

Is the machining and finish good on the one you got? Really Ti?

Thanks for being the guinnea pig! Now I will have to buy one in the near future, then update it.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some time ago I got from them a Fireworm F01 CR2 titanium light and apart from the fact that the transaction went smoothly the light itself is reasonably well made and has worked properly since then. :)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you upgrade your's yet? I read your linked thread about the light, but didnt see where you got it?

I see 4 different listings on Ebay selling them, all out of Hong Kong.

Is the machining and finish good on the one you got? Really Ti?

Thanks for being the guinnea pig! Now I will have to buy one in the near future, then update it.

Yes, I got mine from ebay. It wasn't selling anywhere else during the time I discovered this light.

It's Ti alright, but I'm not sure which grade it is. The finishing is as good as my review shows. The drop-in isn't great, but I guess all of us bought it for the host.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some time ago I got from them a Fireworm F01 CR2 titanium light and apart from the fact that the transaction went smoothly the light itself is reasonably well made and has worked properly since then. :)

On a separate note, isnt Lake Como where Pliny the Elder used to live? Are you a relative of his?^^

Anyway, back to thread topic, this really seems like a great deal. If people dont have any problems with them, other than the fact that their LED's are a bit outdated, then this is a steal of a deal! How many other titanium flashlights of this universal design cost only $118?

I'm gonna have to get one of these in the not so distant future.

However, I question the "limited edition" nature of this light. Supposedly only 500 will be made, but they are for sale on Ebay, from the main website, and elsewhere, and have been for about 2-3 years! I think way more than than 500 have been made. I bet if 10 people here each bought one, and compared the serial numbers(1-500), I bet at least 2 of us would get flashlights with the same serial number! I guarantee there are 10 of each serial number! Maybe more... But who cares, even if it was really limited edition, it wouldnt be worth anything more than it would be if it wasnt limited edition. They do the limited edition thing to sell more lights...
\
Besides, even though it probably isnt really limited edition, it looks like it is, and each one has a number up to 500 on it, so you can show it to your friends and say "it's limited edition, and I've got number 491!" They'll say "Oooh, Aaaah!"

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
What makes you think that they where able to sell 500 in 2 to 3 years ??? :D

OneBigDay

Enlightened
The main issue with the Fireworm was the switch. It used a non standard switch that didn't have published ratings (AFAIK). So sure it worked with their included 1.0 (or whatever) amp XP-E, but if you are looking for reliability and start running a 3 amp XM-L in there, who knows how long the switch would last and if it does eventually fry, what would you replace it with? For some who like a challenge this might not be an issue and for others a show stopper.

More subjective is that the switch doesn't have a good feel to it (not terrible but not great either). It can be sticky if you hit it off center because of the switch cover.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
What makes you think that they where able to sell 500 in 2 to 3 years ??? :D

Yeah you're right.

They are advertising a titanium product with 2- 2.5 times more Titanium than other lights that cost $180, but they are only charging $116, and they are advertising worldwide over the internet, and selling them through Ebay from multiple stores, each of whom have bought dozens of them at a time, plus they sell them in stores in Hong Kong, etc., and have been doing all this for 3 years........so........they've probably only sold 3 or 4 of them, and 2 of those 3 or 4 were bought by people who have responded to this thread..... LMAO!