Banggood Network
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magic Fire 65W HID

Default Magic Fire 65W HID

Magic Fire 65W HID 5500-lumen 4x18650 HID Flashlight

Size *207mm x 70mm x 49mm NetW 800
    Material 6061-T6 Aluminum Anodise HaIII
    LED 65W HID 4300K Battery *4 x 18650 in Series*( Not Included)
    Reflector Deep Aluminum Alloy*SMO reflector Lumen *5500 Lumen
    Waterproof Rain Proof Battery Holder *Aluminum Alloy
    Switch Tail cap click Switch Shot Range* *1500 Meters
    Glass Lens High temperature* Toughtened Coating*Glass Lens *Runtime *1 hour

It appears to have LV warning as it flash when low voltage state is reached

I have ordered mine and is already shipped. Should be here in the next few days.

As many of us already know the first generation had many issues. Most of them were around the packaging and cosmetically damaged lights. Others were about practical issues such as the sharp edges of the battery tube, no LV indicator etc.

If this HID light outputs the same ratio as the previous generation it would be expected to deliver around 50w or more. This hopefully will result in a compact thrower that is cheap to buy and maintain due to the use of commonly and easily available 18650 cells.

Pictures from distributor cnqualitygoods

Last edited by mohanjude; 04-24-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Magic Fire 65W HID

I hope they also fixed whatever caused my reflector to fog up in a major way. It was a decent performer before that. Now....not so much.

Making the springs keep contact has been a bit of a chore as well despite a little smoothing and tweaking here and there. Perhaps all is well on the newest version.

No gashes on mine (luckily!)...just aggravation and poor reliability.
    Last edited by Colonel Sanders; 04-24-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Flashaholic*

Looking forward to your input, mohan!

On Ric's page, he says to let the light cool every 10 mins. Is this necessary or is he being cautious? And do batts only last 40 mins?
    Im a HID noob.
    Last edited by xed888; 04-24-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Wow! Great output in such a small package!! Agree, seems weird that it has to be turned off every 10 mins? Let's hope this one get's a review because if the quailty issues are sorted, there would be quite a few of us out there wanting a little power package like this....

Beam shots from other forums:
    100 meter distance, Left to right: MF65W, Olight SR90, Olight X6 (6 XML).
    My Mods.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...5&postcount=78
    Hobby only, I don't do custom mods as a service, thanks for understanding.

Even if it's only 65 Watt INPUT and around 50 Watts Output, that's a lot of heat to be dissipated by a small mass such as this light. I'm not surprised if he is recommending a cool down period. I'd be happy with 40 mins run time.
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

Quote Originally Posted by warmurf View Post
    Wow! Great output in such a small package!! Agree, seems weird that it has to be turned off every 10 mins? Let's hope this one get's a review because if the quailty issues are sorted, there would be quite a few of us out there wanting a little power package like this....
    Is there a thread somewhere on this light that Ive not found? Where is he recommending a cool down?
    WWII 60" Anti Aircraft Carbon Arc (Sold), Short Arcs: 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600 Watt M-134 Gun Light, 500 Watt X-500-14s, 500 Watt Starburst, 300 Watt Locators, Megaray, 150 Watt Set Beam & Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, LarryK14@52V

40 Watts version has LV warning also.
    Worked well on my MF; Thougt initial that it was a bug, but it outlined as feature.

@BHV: Cool down recommendation is stated in the product description in the webshop

Please turn it off every 10 minutes to let the torch cool down.
    Rgds
    André
    Last edited by Doberman; 04-24-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Can you describe the flashing? Is it like a single flash every so many seconds or partial seconds or is it a rapid flickering?

It was, as i remeber about twice a second, and it was flashing, not flickering or something other misinterpretable behaviour.
    So you will recognize it very fast in use.
    I shut down the HID at once and by accident had the item description on a browser window open, where Ric mentioned the LV warning.
    Measuring the batteries statet 3.1 Volts each (12,3V for the pack). I guess that´s somewhat 2.9Volts when in use.
    So the HID warns when package Voltage drops below ~12 Volts.
    Thats OK for me and i think it´s also OK for the 18650´s.

Rgds

Looks like the package will be delivered sometime during the day on Wednesday.... hopefully DHL will be as quick as before.
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..

LV indicator - I actually have not experienced the flashing on my 45W. Maybe I am just not pushing the light until the batteries are almost exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by mohanjude View Post
    Looks like the package will be delivered sometime during the day on Wednesday.... hopefully DHL will be as quick as before.
    Did you buy it off of Ric's new consumer site or the original wholesale/retail site?

Wilkey

I wasn't aware of the new consumer site. I purchased it off cnqualitygoods.

I wasn't aware of the new consumer site. I purchased it off cnqualitygoods.
    Ric posted a week or two ago in the Dealer Forum but I can't seem to locate the thread for some reason. Wish I'd bookmarked the site (which was heavily under construction). Looking forward to your measurements BTW.

Wilkey

Just read this: Cooldown every 10 minutes recommended ? How long ? 1 minute, 10 minutes ?
    So not really useable for nighthikes etc.
    I will discontinue this version and wait patiently for the two-mode version that i would like to see on the next version; 4o Watts in normal mode and 65 Watts for special situations and flashoholics :-)
    Ric, please work on such a version with your vendor ......

Of the three beam shots on Ma sha1 comments it looks to me that the MF was the brightest? A little hard to tell and the SR90 may have a brighter hot spot but overall to my eyes it appears the brightest. Anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by warmurf View Post
    Of the three beam shots on Ma sha1 comments it looks to me that the MF was the brightest? A little hard to tell and the SR90 may have a brighter hot spot but overall to my eyes it appears the brightest. Anyone else agree?
    Yes you are right and it actually looks a very nice bright spill.

What I hope to do is to try and do a side by side comparison of some Beamshots with the MF 45W.
    It is raining cats and dogs here in Cardiff, Wales at the moment so I might not get the opportunity even if I received the torch.

It is looking like it is out for delivery.

Yes you are right and it actually looks a very nice bright spill.

What I hope to do is to try and do a side by side comparison of some Beamshots with the MF 45W.
    It is raining cats and dogs here in Cardiff, Wales at the moment so I might not get the opportunity even if I received the torch.

It is looking like it is out for delivery.
    Looking foward to your first impressions! Or i might just wait out for the upcoming 85W version, which should be the smallest 85W HID ever built.

OK the HID arrived. I have been very busy today due to unforseen issues at work.
    Just a couple of snaps of the packaging which is a great improvement from the previous packaging. Well wrapped and not a mark on it. Initial impression very bright. As bright as the ebay 65W HID at a quick flick of the switch

You can see both the 45w and 65W next to each other with their respective battery cages that look the same. I had to label the 65w to make it easier to identify it.

Last edited by mohanjude; 04-25-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Is the 85W a reality? Is it coming or are people just speculating? That would be worth waiting for? Although to be fair it would deserve 6 x 18650s, which then takes away from the compact size. 85W with three 18650s seems like putting a 2 gallon fuel tank on a V8 Mustang..........

Is the battery cartridge as tight a fit as with the 40 watt?

Yes battery cartridge does not appear to be any different to the naked eye.

I have used eagletac 3100 cells.

I am hoping to take some beamshots tomorrow. Externally the 45W looks the same as the 65W to me. I have had to charge another set of 4 cells so immediately couldn't draw a comparison. Keep you guys posted.

My Magic Fire 45W is on its way back to Ric in China as the bulb went bad. I am going to pay the difference and upgrade to this new light.

I look forward to receiving it. Will report when I do.

mark

Flashaholic*

Warmuf, these lights use 4 cells, not 3. You know, I just might be willing to upgrade this light if the price is right and if I could have a new reflector tossed on with the deal.
    SPY 007 XM-L2, BVH 150w Vec192 HID, Gen III Maxabeam, Barn Burner, FireFox III, Mac's Customs 3840L & Damascus/Cu/Al Tri-EDCs, ma_sha1 FrankenMag, Drake, MF Scorpion 4x XM-L2, Tri-219 EYE10, XP-G2 X10

if there is ever an 85w version made i will definately be wanting one... the option to have 18650 cells and a replaceable bulb (and better build quality) makes these better options than the ebay hids

I'm not really sure I'd call the bulbs "replaceable" in the sense that it's a simple plug-n-play task. They are not conventionally sized bulbs either. Not easily available. It takes fine soldering skills and requires damage to the bulb's return wire to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    I'm not really sure I'd call the bulbs "replaceable" in the sense that it's a simple plug-n-play task. They are not conventionally sized bulbs either. Not easily available. It takes fine soldering skills and requires damage to the bulb's return wire to get the job done.
    Agreed. Without a significant internal redesign, it is not at all straightforward to replace. I've had my head opened up and it does not look like it's meant to be user serviceable.

Wilkey

Quote Originally Posted by BVH View Post
    thanks for the info

Looking forward to the beamshots and measurements!