Magic Fire 65W HID

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Magic Fire 65W HID 5500-lumen 4x18650 HID Flashlight

Size *207mm x 70mm x 49mm NetW 800
Material 6061-T6 Aluminum Anodise HaIII
LED 65W HID 4300K Battery *4 x 18650 in Series*( Not Included)
Reflector Deep Aluminum Alloy*SMO reflector Lumen *5500 Lumen
Waterproof Rain Proof Battery Holder *Aluminum Alloy
Switch Tail cap click Switch Shot Range* *1500 Meters
Glass Lens High temperature* Toughtened Coating*Glass Lens *Runtime *1 hour

It appears to have LV warning as it flash when low voltage state is reached

I have ordered mine and is already shipped. Should be here in the next few days.

As many of us already know the first generation had many issues. Most of them were around the packaging and cosmetically damaged lights. Others were about practical issues such as the sharp edges of the battery tube, no LV indicator etc.

If this HID light outputs the same ratio as the previous generation it would be expected to deliver around 50w or more. This hopefully will result in a compact thrower that is cheap to buy and maintain due to the use of commonly and easily available 18650 cells.

Pictures from distributor cnqualitygoods

2da215c5.jpg

b7c30746.jpg

Last edited:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they also fixed whatever caused my reflector to fog up in a major way. It was a decent performer before that. Now....not so much.

Making the springs keep contact has been a bit of a chore as well despite a little smoothing and tweaking here and there. Perhaps all is well on the newest version.

No gashes on mine (luckily!)...just aggravation and poor reliability.

Last edited:

xed888

Enlightened
Looking forward to your input, mohan!

On Ric's page, he says to let the light cool every 10 mins. Is this necessary or is he being cautious? And do batts only last 40 mins?
Im a HID noob.

Last edited:

warmurf

Enlightened
Wow! Great output in such a small package!! Agree, seems weird that it has to be turned off every 10 mins? Let's hope this one get's a review because if the quailty issues are sorted, there would be quite a few of us out there wanting a little power package like this....

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam shots from other forums:
100 meter distance, Left to right: MF65W, Olight SR90, Olight X6 (6 XML).
scaled.php

BVH

Flashaholic
Even if it's only 65 Watt INPUT and around 50 Watts Output, that's a lot of heat to be dissipated by a small mass such as this light. I'm not surprised if he is recommending a cool down period. I'd be happy with 40 mins run time.

BVH

Flashaholic
Wow! Great output in such a small package!! Agree, seems weird that it has to be turned off every 10 mins? Let's hope this one get's a review because if the quailty issues are sorted, there would be quite a few of us out there wanting a little power package like this....

Is there a thread somewhere on this light that Ive not found? Where is he recommending a cool down?

Doberman

Newly Enlightened
40 Watts version has LV warning also.
Worked well on my MF; Thougt initial that it was a bug, but it outlined as feature.

@BHV: Cool down recommendation is stated in the product description in the webshop

Please turn it off every 10 minutes to let the torch cool down.

Rgds
André

Last edited:

Doberman

Newly Enlightened
It was, as i remeber about twice a second, and it was flashing, not flickering or something other misinterpretable behaviour.
So you will recognize it very fast in use.
I shut down the HID at once and by accident had the item description on a browser window open, where Ric mentioned the LV warning.
Measuring the batteries statet 3.1 Volts each (12,3V for the pack). I guess that´s somewhat 2.9Volts when in use.
So the HID warns when package Voltage drops below ~12 Volts.
Thats OK for me and i think it´s also OK for the 18650´s.

Rgds

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the package will be delivered sometime during the day on Wednesday.... hopefully DHL will be as quick as before.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
LV indicator - I actually have not experienced the flashing on my 45W. Maybe I am just not pushing the light until the batteries are almost exhausted.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the package will be delivered sometime during the day on Wednesday.... hopefully DHL will be as quick as before.
Did you buy it off of Ric's new consumer site or the original wholesale/retail site?

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't aware of the new consumer site. I purchased it off cnqualitygoods.
Ric posted a week or two ago in the Dealer Forum but I can't seem to locate the thread for some reason. Wish I'd bookmarked the site (which was heavily under construction). Looking forward to your measurements BTW.

Wilkey

Doberman

Newly Enlightened
Just read this: Cooldown every 10 minutes recommended ? How long ? 1 minute, 10 minutes ?
So not really useable for nighthikes etc.
I will discontinue this version and wait patiently for the two-mode version that i would like to see on the next version; 4o Watts in normal mode and 65 Watts for special situations and flashoholics :)
Ric, please work on such a version with your vendor ......

warmurf

Enlightened
Of the three beam shots on Ma sha1 comments it looks to me that the MF was the brightest? A little hard to tell and the SR90 may have a brighter hot spot but overall to my eyes it appears the brightest. Anyone else agree?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the three beam shots on Ma sha1 comments it looks to me that the MF was the brightest? A little hard to tell and the SR90 may have a brighter hot spot but overall to my eyes it appears the brightest. Anyone else agree?

Yes you are right and it actually looks a very nice bright spill.

What I hope to do is to try and do a side by side comparison of some Beamshots with the MF 45W.
It is raining cats and dogs here in Cardiff, Wales at the moment so I might not get the opportunity even if I received the torch.

It is looking like it is out for delivery.

yifu

Enlightened
Yes you are right and it actually looks a very nice bright spill.

What I hope to do is to try and do a side by side comparison of some Beamshots with the MF 45W.
It is raining cats and dogs here in Cardiff, Wales at the moment so I might not get the opportunity even if I received the torch.

It is looking like it is out for delivery.
Looking foward to your first impressions! Or i might just wait out for the upcoming 85W version, which should be the smallest 85W HID ever built.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK the HID arrived. I have been very busy today due to unforseen issues at work.
Just a couple of snaps of the packaging which is a great improvement from the previous packaging. Well wrapped and not a mark on it. Initial impression very bright. As bright as the ebay 65W HID at a quick flick of the switch

You can see both the 45w and 65W next to each other with their respective battery cages that look the same. I had to label the 65w to make it easier to identify it.

dfb0da34.jpg

e9b951c8.jpg

05a1693f.jpg

7bc8e992.jpg

c72a929c.jpg

6bbd818f.jpg

Last edited: