4 Sevens
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in ALL GONE (For Now)

Default Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in SALE

"I am not a Collector" - Tim

Very impressive looking.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Very impressive looking.
    Thanks...I have a lot of polishing to do

- Matt

Flashaholic*

Matt, thanks for the answer.

Paypal sent. Unique Transaction ID # 4D066461XC728743E

I'm looking forward to this... now need to get a cool new P6- host!
    I spend my days in the light thinking about flashlights in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by Illumination View Post
    Matt, thanks for the answer.

Paypal sent. Unique Transaction ID # 4D066461XC728743E

I'm looking forward to this... now need to get a cool new P6- host!
    Haha - my brother spent $300 on a cerakoted C3 with a matching Cryos head and SolarForce tri-tail cap + McClicky just for this!

A quick update for interested parties before I hit the sack. Orders 1 - 45 have been epoxied and cured. I am now in the process of final testing (100% pass rate so far thank Jebus!) and the painfully slow process of polishing and packing them into their little canisters. Some have failed a visual inspection and are heading back to my brothers to have his magic silver wand applied (he can literally 'electroplate-paint' silver on...so cool to watch) but don't worry it's nothing major not anything you'll be able to see. Just a fleck or 2 of copper showing through and that makes me sad Bit of a pain as the cause is residual cutting coolant the CNC shop used. Even though we bathed the blanks in acid and cleaned them to a visual shine some still stayed on the drop-ins. Polishing them removes the silver in these very small spots. The up side is that we can easily see where the problem is so fixing it is a piece of cake

They will be fixed in no time - literally a 10 second job (per drop-in).

Depending on time we will ship out orders as they are finally done. So tomorrow we might hopefully ship out a few!

Will update this thread as they leave my grubby hands

Thanks for your patience through this whole process! It's helped a lot!!!

Cheers,

- Matt

EDIT: Oh and the final 5 orders will be built through this week and epoxied on Saturday ready for shipping next week. Hang in there fellas!!!

Matt, this required hardly any patience. This build, and Enrique's latest mako build have both been phenomenal.

How is your brother gonna run this in a C3? I thought these were only 1xLi Ion capable.
    -PSM

Default Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in ALL GONE (For Now)

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Matt, this required hardly any patience. This build, and Enrique's latest mako build have both been phenomenal.

How is your brother gonna run this in a C3? I thought these were only 1xLi Ion capable.
    Comparing me to some established builders makes me nervous lol (nervous laugh!)...

My brother didn't think his build through very well and went for the C3 because he liked the look of the longer light. So now he has to machine a spacer to allow his 18650 cells to work in the tube. Lesson learnt!

- Matt

Party Re: Nichia SW45B10L 219 Triple P60 Drop-in ALL GONE (For Now)

*Does a happy dance!* I'm so impressed by the level of detailed care you're giving this project.

Just an anecdotal suggestion about the coolant problem, but if you plan to continue this kind of work you might want to invest in an ultrasonic bath machine. At my place of employment we do machining, anodizing, silver, gold, and nickel plating, etc, and our parts are placed in ultrasonic baths filled with either high-strength alcohol or acetone, and left to agitate for at least 30 minutes. I can't remember ever seeing a part (I'm in inspection) that had problems with plating adherence. Of course, I have no idea how much an ultrasonic agitator would cost! Just food for thought, might be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattaus View Post
    Comparing me to some established builders makes me nervous lol (nervous laugh!)...

My brother didn't think his build through very well and went for the C3 because he liked the look of the longer light. So now he has to machine a spacer to allow his 18650 cells to work in the tube. Lesson learnt!

- Matt
    I trust the light is also bored for an 18mm Cell Matt, you need to build him a module that will handle 2 cells, that's a great host for two 18500's

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I trust the light is also bored for an 18mm Cell Matt, you need to build him a module that will handle 2 cells, that's a great host for two 18500's

Norm
    Yes it's bored - I should point out that he was aware of the need for a spacer before he bought it (as he handily pointed out to me via text a few minutes ago) but just hasn't got around to doing it yet. FWIW version 2 (if/when it happens) will support 2 LiIon cells.

I also need to remind people these are hand built, hand plated and hand epoxied. Please keep that in mind

Oh and my brother has said he will PM people as they are sent. He sent some blanks out this morning (and will PM these people shortly) and might be heading up to the post office to send a few other orders this afternoon as well. He's a full time medical student and his exam period starts in a week or 2 so please be patient!

I will do my best to update the list in the first post to reflect shipped orders.

Thanks,

- Matt

I just got my PM Woo Hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    It's an interesting problem...

One option would be 3x NiMH 2/3A cells -- of course, you get 1.6Ah or so that way, so not much point, except maybe fast-charge, (but IMR18650-1600mAh can take 4.5A charge... depends on your high-level choice, but that's pretty much charging one as fast as you can run it down.)

Better (though more complicated) is 2x IMR18490 in parallel, using a double-sided PCB between and a couple strip conductors (just like in protected cells); of course that means only charging with magnet leads, or heavily modding a slot-type charger for a 100mm cell length -- but it does get you 2.2Ah (10% more than IMR18650), 6A charge rate (vs. 2A IMR18650), and 15C=33A discharge (vs. 5C=10A)... probably not worth it for this drop-in, even the fast-charging's no use if you have 4 IMR18650-2000s and three 2A chargers (or don't run it on high continuously, duh?).

Or just 18650+spacer, like he's doing -- it's a pretty good solution.

Me, I'll be using a spare L2X body I had sitting around, with a brand-new Cryos head and Triad/zero-res tailcap (they just got here Friday!), with an IMR18650-2000. Can't wait!

Yes the batteries can be a bit of a muck-about. Version 2, if and when it comes will support 2 cells without issue.

I updated the first post to reflect shipped drop-ins. It will be a bit hap hazard as I printed the shipping labels and container labels a while ago and with the changes people made and what not it's only just dawned on me to re-print them . Some still apply while others need a re-print.

I'll have to start building the final orders tomorrow or Wednesday night as my oven decided to give up on me tonight so my dinner plans are screwed until I get it going again Stupid thing. Hopefully it's an easy fix or it'll be a trip to the tip and load of cash down the toilet for a new one

Bah!

- Matt

EDIT:

Wow this has never been opened before! Pretty shocking and seriously worrying that we had no idea this was happening...
    Last edited by Mattaus; 06-04-2012 at 04:06 AM.

I think this may actually be the first post I've actually made in this thread :/ But hello all, I am the mystical brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    It's an interesting problem...

One option would be 3x NiMH 2/3A cells -- of course, you get 1.6Ah or so that way, so not much point, except maybe fast-charge, (but IMR18650-1600mAh can take 4.5A charge... depends on your high-level choice, but that's pretty much charging one as fast as you can run it down.)

Better (though more complicated) is 2x IMR18490 in parallel, using a double-sided PCB between and a couple strip conductors (just like in protected cells); of course that means only charging with magnet leads, or heavily modding a slot-type charger for a 100mm cell length -- but it does get you 2.2Ah (10% more than IMR18650), 6A charge rate (vs. 2A IMR18650), and 15C=33A discharge (vs. 5C=10A)... probably not worth it for this drop-in, even the fast-charging's no use if you have 4 IMR18650-2000s and three 2A chargers (or don't run it on high continuously, duh?).

Or just 18650+spacer, like he's doing -- it's a pretty good solution.

Me, I'll be using a spare L2X body I had sitting around, with a brand-new Cryos head and Triad/zero-res tailcap (they just got here Friday!), with an IMR18650-2000. Can't wait!
    I actually intend on making a battery spacer that is... slightly overkill. I'm going to machine a copper bar down to resemble make a perfect fit between +ve end of the battery and the drop-in, it's then going to be electroplated in silver to again reduce resistance (and because I can :P). Then it will be just a matter of wrapping it in heat-shrink. Still undecided as to add a spring to the rear end of this (the battery side) to help with any shocks, but either way I'm sure it will do the job just fine :P

Just waiting on the forward FETtie's from VanIsleDSM now to complete my beast

Hello mystical brother!

EDIT:

Wow this has never been opened before! Pretty shocking and seriously worrying that we had no idea this was happening...
    Wow. Lucky it didn't start a fire!

You're telling me! Dodgy for sure. Ah well - easy to fix just a bit of a pain

Yes the batteries can be a bit of a muck-about. Version 2, if and when it comes will support 2 cells without issue.

I prefer the single cell version(s) myself. I've got two TNC 26650 P60 hosts (AL HA Natural) - I think I'll move the 5.6A quad over to the one with the cooling bezel & put this in the other one (that has the 14 trits installed on it). I thought the 26650 might be a bit large, but with a AOTH holster it's just fine. It is a little big to slip into your back pocket.

The new driver (again if it goes ahead) will still support single cell operation

The list in the original post has been updated to reflect newly shipped drop-ins though you should all have received PMs anyway.

Apologies for the hap hazard order it is truly nothing to be concerned about. Orders 1-45 will all be shipped before Friday with the rest to follow next Tuesday (Public holiday here on Monday thanks to the Queen and her 'birthday').

Thanks,

- Matt

Received my PM
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Got my shipping notice pm. Im pumped now! What kind of shipping time am I looking at to here in the US?

The AusPost website says 3 to 10 working days, I think it is safe to say it will be closer to 10 days if not longer... It would probably be a good estimate to say you should receive it in the week of the 18th at some point? This of course is just a guess based on the on their website, I may be way off :/ Hopefully it's alot sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter1 View Post
    Got my shipping notice pm. Im pumped now! What kind of shipping time am I looking at to here in the US?

Assuming Australia Post aren't their usual gormless, lazy selves I should be getting mine tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by mvyrmnd View Post
    Assuming Australia Post aren't their usual gormless, lazy selves I should be getting mine tomorrow!
    That's what I'm hoping for, but I did post it later in the afternoon so I wouldn't be surprised if it's Thursday instead

Right...my cavalier ways appear to have caught up to me

It seems I slightly miscalculated the number of optics I needed for all the drop-ins as I ordered the optics when only 15 orders had been placed. Annoyingly I have come up agonizingly short on the 10507 and the 10509 optics, but stupidly over ordered (big time) on the 10508 and 10511 optics. I honestly have no idea how it happened.

Anyway the reason I am telling you this is because this obviously effects some orders. I have already ordered the extra optics from Cutter, and being Tuesday evening it is expected that I receive the goods by Friday. What this means is that some orders may not ship until Saturday morning here in Australia, as opposed to the Friday I have been stating.

Hopefully this will all come to naught, but I consider being up front a good thing. So there you go lol.

Cheers,

- Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mvyrmnd View Post
    Being Canadian (and watched alot of British television) I usually catch "chiefly British" terms - but this one was a new one on me - Like it !!
    (also received my PM for shipment)
    Definition of GORMLESS

chiefly British : lacking intelligence : stupid

Quote Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
    Being Canadian (and watched alot of British television) I usually catch "chiefly British" terms - but this one was a new one on me - Like it !!
    (also received my PM for shipment)
    Definition of GORMLESS

chiefly British : lacking intelligence : stupid
    Damn straight!

My dad is English (and a writer) my mum Scottish. My vocabulary is littered with any number of obscure words.

Flashaholic*

Just got my PM. I should have an interesting comparison between the Mattaus triple 219 and the Moddoo triple 219 very soon.
    Fiend got into light re-hab. Getting out for now

PM received!!!
    -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by flashfiend View Post
    Just got my PM. I should have an interesting comparison between the Mattaus triple 219 and the Moddoo triple 219 very soon.
    That will be interesting Did you get the 1400 or 1100 Moddoo? Remember your order from me is for 3.8A.

In other news the list has been updated on page one, though I suspect people are well aware if their order is on it's way or not. Again, all order 1 - 45 will be shipped this week, though I've noticed 47 has been shipped which is odd, but right.

Thanks,

- Matt

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast