Is anyone interested in a Nichia 92 CRI 4500 K HDS light?

HighLumens

Enlightened
Maybe we could show Henry how welcomed would such a light be ad convince him to switch from the current Hi cri led used to the nichia :devil:

Here are some pics of the nichia color rendition.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I definitely would be interested if he could make it belch between 160 and 200 lumens.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I do believe Craig at Illuminationsupply would LIKE to have a special run of these made.

If Henry is able to source his parts again or is willing to do special runs is another matter.
It would be nice if an in line change could be made over to the Nichia for all high CRI Ra's. Ah dreams...........

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive been waiting, it seems forever for any high CRI rotary to be available.
so yes, ill be in for one.:)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
What if if isn't in a rotary?
Would you accept one in a clicky?? The clicky is more efficient still, isn't it? I'm unsure.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I modded my rotary with this new LED over the weekend and I would estimate that on burst it is putting out ~175 lumens. This is based on comparison with other lights of known test levels as reported by the manufacturer.

Making the light shouldn't be that hard as it's pretty much just a reflow onto the XP-G pcb, but I understand from the HDS threads that there are still ongoing production issues.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so the nichia has a higher cri than the cree xp-g cri versions?

edit: rather, what are the primary, real world differences between the Nichia and XP-G high CRI emitters?

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
The CRI should be very close between the two, but the 219 has a significantly higher CRT. So while the HDS Hi-CRI XP-Gs are quite warm, the 219 is closer to a neutral white. The 219 also seems to be putting out more lumens than the Hi-CRI XP-G at the same drive levels.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
What if if isn't in a rotary?
Would you accept one in a clicky?? The clicky is more efficient still, isn't it? I'm unsure.

i think the clicky is more efficient, but i really want to try out the rotary UI, its essentially a clicky with the addition of the rotary ring.:party:

i probably would get a clicky, i had sold my high CRI SSC p4 clicky in anticipation for the HCRI rotary. and its the only light that ive sold that i miss and regret doing so.:ohgeez:

sadboy

Newly Enlightened
If I get a Nichia HDS, my transformation to the Light Side will be complete!