Narva Contrast +

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
My question is what base lamp is Narva using for the Contrast +? Are they using the Range Power series?

If you could put a Kelvin rating on these lamps where would it be? Would these be considerer an 'all season' (goldish) lamp?

Thanks

Last edited:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question is what base lamp is Narva using for the Contrast +? Are they using the Range Power series?

If you could put a Kelvin rating on these lamps where would it be? Would these be considerer an 'all season' (goldish) lamp?

Thanks

By "base", do you really mean "on what BURNER is the Narva Contrast+ based on?"?

It see some models in the the H4 (P43t base) 9005 (P20d base) and 9006 (P22d base); I don't know what burners they use (probably just standard burners for the bulb type). Kelvin rating applies only to white light; the filtration may make this light non-white. The CCT of the light emitted from the filament itself, pre-filtration, should be the same as with any normal halogen bulb.

The H4 version only seems to have ECE R37 markings.

I think I've linked you this post before.

It seems that Scheinwerfermann liked the quality overall, but the color made it a dealbreaker, as it's not selective yellow like in a real fog lamp, and not even consistent.

Last edited:

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
Yes, I was meaning the burner. I know what CCT is...I just wondered if it was applicable to this lamp. My main question was is this lamp a Range Power +50 with a light dichroic yellow pass filter? Osram at one time made a "super" version of their all season...I wanted to know if this lamp was like the Osram.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic

Standard bulbs (and I think you mean "basis"; the word "base" has a specific meaning when we're talking about lamps)

If you could put a Kelvin rating on these lamps where would it be?

You can't. In the lighting context, "Kelvin ratings" (by which you mean color temperature) applies only to white light. There are all kinds of numbers thrown around for various different colored bulbs (blue, purple, yellow, etc.). These numbers are all bogus and meaningless. Even if they weren't, though, I'm curious: Why do you ask?

Would these be considerer an 'all season' (goldish) lamp?

No. All Season is Osram's trade name for their partial-tint selective yellow bulbs, which I'm not even sure if they make any more. The light color from the Narva Contrast+ is pretty awful. Kind of diluted-**** yellow, like a starved or old tungsten sealed beam. I can't imagine any situation in which I'd choose the Contrast+ bulbs; they're really just not very good. For that matter, I can't think of any yellow bulbs currently in production that I would be happy to use.

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
Here's an update...I bought a pair just to check them out. To me they appear to be like the old Azzurros...yellowish.

I know that Kelvin refers to white light. Back in the day, I saw that Philips gave the Weathervision a rating of 2800K...I was only asking to seen if the Contrast+ was of similar color. Thanks for the condescension. (The main reason I rarely start a thread or comment on this board; to much attitude by the 'know it alls'.)

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Here's an update...I bought a pair just to check them out. To me they appear to be like the old Azzurros...yellowish.

The "Azzuro" bulbs (a bizarre rename of the All Weather) were more yellow and less brown than the Contrast+.

Back in the day, I saw that Philips gave the Weathervision a rating of 2800K

I don't recall ever seeing such a claim, and can't find it in any of my old WeatherVision promo sheets or Philips catalogues.

Thanks for the condescension.

I think you might be overreacting to something that isn't actually there.