Just ordered a light...

rasnum

Newly Enlightened
I want to personalize it. Can I please ask for opinions?

What would be a great way to get this light to be my own? I'm conservative, never flashy, though a single tritium vial might be nice. Excited...

archer6817j

Enlightened

What would be a great way to get this light to be my own? I'm conservative, never flashy, though a single tritium vial might be nice. Excited...

Do you want my opinion? :) I do letter stamping @ $5 per character so I can do your initials or something like that. Can't get much more personal. Also, if you want me to hold off on sending the light please email me. Otherwise it will be in the mail tomorrow afternoon :)

Of course I don't have a good photo of a stamped light. I'll have to do that. However, these are the stamps that I use. The characters are 1/8" high.
alphabet_stamps_dotted_a.jpg

Oh, and other people should make suggestions too!

Raze

Enlightened

Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you will be happy with your Alpha.

By the way, which model & finish did you get? If you have gotten his prototype/one-of-a-kind then your Alpha is really personal. Else, even the normal Alpha can be personalized by the letter stamping Jason offers. Other than that you get tritiums to be installed in your choice of location i.e. tailcap, in the head, etc. choice of color, and amount.

Ultimately, it depends on how deep you want to reach into your pockets. You can get the Alpha custom Cerakoted and such. Jason is great to deal with.

rasnum

Newly Enlightened
I'm going with a silver and blue theme. Three blue vials with a blue oring and black tail cap. I'm excited and I'll try to post pics of it. I don't have skills in pic taking so it may not do the light it's due justice. It gets shipped today.

By the way, the customer service has been the best I've ever experienced. I've recieved a DAILY email about my personalized light.

Raze

Enlightened
I'm going with a silver and blue theme. Three blue vials with a blue oring and black tail cap. I'm excited and I'll try to post pics of it. I don't have skills in pic taking so it may not do the light it's due justice. It gets shipped today.

By the way, the customer service has been the best I've ever experienced. I've recieved a DAILY email about my personalized light.

That sounds very classy! Did you get the flame-blued Ti clip? Would set it off nicely, in my opinion.

I did got the Ti clip, to go with the full brushed finish. My personalization is just three ice-blue trits in the tail cap, and three-letter stamping of my name.

I however, can't resist but to get the Ti pull from Jason as well, decked in blue o-rings to match the light. It'll be attached bia 2mm gray cordage. Why not get one for yourself as well?

archer6817j

Enlightened

Hi ransum, can you email me about your order? I want to make sure I have the right "real name" associated with your order :)

I just realized I only have two ice blue trits left and only one green. White, yellow, and orange are in stock. I have more that are currently in the mail but it might take a week or two for them to arrive. Also, did you want the trits in the head or in the tailcap? Please include the above in your email if you wouldn't mind!

Just for the record, I try to respond quickly to emails but don't always get a chance to do it daily :)

rasnum

Newly Enlightened
file://localhost/Users/rasnum/Desktop/bluering-600.jpg

I was thinking three vial in the head and the clip. The clip being blue anodized would be pretty freaking cool too.

Last edited:

rasnum

Newly Enlightened
1. build quality is equal to mcgizmo, head and tube feel magnetized by their fit
2. beam quality exceeds that of mcgizmo
3. reflector is different from the usual template of led lights
4. customer service is better than that of any experience I've had to date with anyone
5. light is pretty heavy duty-no joke
6. looking forward to the shorty version for an EDC

Raze

Enlightened
1. build quality is equal to mcgizmo, head and tube feel magnetized by their fit
4. customer service is better than that of any experience I've had to date with anyone

Agreed.

The light really feel good in the hands. I got the matching Shorty body, and with the weight of the light in that compact form-factor lends itself nicely in the hand.

This light is simply overbuilt, and over-engineered in every aspect. Jason is a real perfectionist too. The Prometheus Alpha is a steal - really worth the money. I'm spreading good word for it to my friends, and s couple of them are really interested.

Just like to share:

71d27cdd-4613-897e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please pardon typos.

Last edited:

rasnum

Newly Enlightened
So I got the shorty body. The shorty is even better than the 18650 body. It makes the light PERFECT. The clip is the perfect length with the shorty body.
Have you guys tried the TIR lens? Does it make a difference?
What LE did you go with?
Why does Jason chose the Maker's Choice other than XM-L? I chose the maker's choice and I'm really happy with it.

Raze

Enlightened
Yeah the Shorty is awesome as EDC.

6e9fbb43-06c1-baae.jpg

6e9fbb43-06d1-9934.jpg

I really love the Ledil Boom faceted reflector as it makes the light look high-end. I chose the MC-E as it's the perfect match for the Ledil Boom to create one of the creamiest beams I've seen.

Other than that, I rather have the 50% runtime over the XM-L, and I was looking to have a flashlight that just shoots a wall of light. Now that you've mentioned it, I might just be tempted enough to get another Alpha with XM-L & the TIR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please pardon typos.

rasnum

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if I can get just the TIR and do the work on my own. Jason made the lights so we can do all the work by ourselves, repairs, cleaning, etc.

Also, do you know if any other lights lego with the alpha? The threads make the head and body overlap like 100 x so I don't think so, but just wondering. I think the 100x overlap is again overengineering to strengthen the light further. Another HUGE plus!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
After a ton of time spent on Jasons site, I just placed a order!!! :)

Blue series, blasted and polished, gorgeous light!

If your reading this Jason, I placed a note in the Pp notes inquiring about tritium. :naughty:

Cheers,
Brandon G.

Pecos

Newly Enlightened
What is this tritium vial the op referred to. I want to order one of Jason's lights so I need all the info I can get.
Thanks
Pecos

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1!