Anybody got a GB?

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Care to post a pic?

I got mine coming in a few days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have one, got to fart around with a buddy's about three days ago, quite a chunk of steel, titanium and G-10. FC, If this knife can't do what a fixed blade can do there isn't a folder that can! I personally would like an SNG, you have one don't you? What do ya think of it?

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
SnG is great for EDC, but not strong enough for my purposes. It will not handle strong lateral "prying" force. Also tanto blade works better for rippin' s&*t up.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, and the GB could easily do some serious "demo" duty on your standard wood frame structure (and possibly some steel clad doors too)! After checking out my buddy's I can tell you I would'nt be afraid of using it for that either!

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, GB and wall plaster/drywall etc are made for each other. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crap, now I think between the two of us we've talked ME, into saving for a GB! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif If knives are a primary tool, this knife is SCARY PRIMARY!!

GB.jpg

I hope you enjoy yours, and it NEVER has to pull your fanny out of the fryer!

outlaw918692000

Newly Enlightened
I love the striders (but they just don't make one big enof for me) I like my cuda max 5.5, but "wow" if strider made a 5.5 inch blade folder I would be there.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk to Mick, you may be able to order a custom one. It'll cost you...

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me put it in perspective for you outlaw (the pictures don't do it justice). The blade on the GB is 3/16" thick and the liners are a full 1/8 in thick titanium. while the blade is not too long it is nearly 2" in width and the knife including the G-10 scales is about 11/16" thick overall. The Pivot screw looks to be around the size of a 1/4-20. So I think you could probably shove this knife between the liners of your average frame build knife and with a 11/16" open end wrench for torque pop them apart like Lego's. On top of this the knife still weighs close to nothing for it's size (titanium really is a "wonder" metal) but man, in all seriousness, I have used restorer's prybars (short, drop forged, steel bars that are wide and flat on one end and have a nail puller on the other) that are less ruggedly built! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
I handled one GB two weekends ago and was very impressed. They seem to be large when reading about peoples' descriptions and they are large - nevertheless they balance nice in your palm, feel very light, comfortable and make you want to use them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif These are very impressive tools.
Here is what I found on my HD:
fabff86c.jpg

fabff868.jpg

fabff865.jpg

fabff863.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
Never played with a GB/AR but i do have one of the origional SNG's Tanto # 34. The strider guys make some SWEET knives. here is a forum with lots of strider info www.usualsuspect.net

torment

Newly Enlightened
I think I'd like the SnG the best out of those....my hands aren't incredibly big but I like the fit of those of their folders. I just recently acquired a Mick Strider custom SLCC but am selling it (if anyone is interested).

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
poop, what would I give for a tactical AR... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
FC,

I read that you got the GB already. Any pics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It was the TAC AR I was able to try out. The finish is quite nice. I would like to know though how it holds up while being abused. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
K-T. The knife on the right in the last photo. Where can I find that?
Another ? OT: I will be in Germany in one month. What is a legal folder in your country?

K-T

*Moderator*
The folders in the last picture are the "tactial Strider folders", they were a special run realized by tadgear.com and Strider. The one on the right is the TAC AR Strider, the tando version is called TAC GB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif You might be albe to get one but on the other hand Striders sell fast from TAD-Gear so they might be sold out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

On your question about the German law, that's a rather tricky one as it has changed recently and I am not that familiar with the new regulations - except for the fact that things have gotten more strict. Do not try to bring any Auto, some are allowed but it would take some time to explain which ones. Other than that pretty any blade length is allowed as far as I know. Tell me what you would like to bring with you and I might be able to comment on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

edit: just checked. they seem to be sold out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

torment

Newly Enlightened
How is the length of the SnG compared to the length of a Small and Large Sebenza? I'm getting ready to purchase a small plain sebenza and I'm hoping this is the right choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TAC ARs have been sold out for a long,long time. Good luck finding one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

K-T, I'll take some pics and put em up as soon as I can, 2-3days.