Looking for SMALL RCR123 light

arnstein

Newly Enlightened
I really like the Eagletac D25C at 69 mm length. Great quality, modern emitter, and three brightness levels. It didn't work out, because it has severe problems with rechargeable RCR123 cells. So, I am looking for another model.

The Sunwayman M11R looks good, although its price is a bit on the high side for me. It is also a bit longer than the D25C.

Any other suggestions?

By the way, I did search this forum for similar threads. There was a discussion in 2008, but the flashlight market has changed quite a bit since then.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Xtar WK25 Meteor. It was designed to use 16340 cells and even is sold as a kit with battery and charger.

arnstein

Newly Enlightened
How about the Eagletac D25C Clicky.
I already checked the specifications on the Eagletac web page. The D25C "Clicky" suffers from the same issues as the old D25C (twisty). These are great flashlights, but they are not suitable for use with RCR123.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
ITP A1 EOS SS or Olight i1SS.

I prefer my Eagletac D25C over my other two. It loses medium mode on 16340 cell.

fyrstormer

Banned
The smallest RCR123 light I've seen is the Peak Logan. If you want something with more than one mode, a Jetbeam RRT-01 is several steps up from the Quark series. I was never impressed with foursevens' quality.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC31 would be a great small light and I think it takes rcr123 with no problems. Quark mini would be a good choice too

indychris

Newly Enlightened
How about a LumaPower IncenDio V3U? It's 77mm (just a hair over 3"), takes a 16340, and has four modes of brightness.

arnstein

Newly Enlightened
Folks,

The Spark SK3 looks nice. I humbly request that you add your voice to my quest. I just sent this email to Spark:
To: email edit
Subject: Spark SK3

Dear Sirs,

Would you please consider upgrading the emitter you use in your Spark
SK3 flashlight. A modern diode such as XML or XPG would be most
welcome.

Thank you for your consideration!

Last edited by a moderator:

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
I love small CR123 formats. Just know that the smaller you go (<3" in length) you are probably going to have to sacrifice the button interface. Most of them are twistys in order to get that small. Here are some (new and old) options:
Surefire Titan - 3.0" (76.2mm) Twisty interface
Fenix P1D - 2.8" (71mm) Twisty interface
Muyshondt Nautilus - 2.6" (66mm) Twisty interface
Peak Logan/McKinley - 2.4" (61mm) Twisty interface (optional button extends length to 3")

My Favorite:
Arc6 - 2.94" (75mm) Twisty and button interface

There are smaller lights, but they canNOT use rechargeables:
Quark mini/miniX 123 - 2.3" Twisty interface
Olight i1 - 2.5"
Twisty interface

Last edited:

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
Folks,

The Spark SK3 looks nice. I humbly request that you add your voice to my quest. I just sent this email to Spark:

Wow, that's one small RCR123 compatible flashlight. Spark SK3 is quoted at 2.36" (60mm) CPFreview got it at 64mm though. Impressive nonetheless, going to be very floody with that shallow 1cm reflector. It just came out (like a week ago), so requesting an update for the emitter already is quite bold and unlikely that it'll happen.

Zebralight H30 is only 56mm long and can use RCR123 with a button interface! It's an L-shape though :)

Last edited:

Torchaddict

Newly Enlightened
I would have recommended a HDS as well, but they are far from small. In fact their size (including the Jetbeam RRT-0) of just under 100mm made it hard for me to like them. Sure, 1" isn't much but when you get to the 100mm length, 18650 equipped lights come into play, which blow RCR123a's out of the water. Zebralight's SC60/600 are brighter, last 3 times as long, practically just as programmable as HDS lights, just as durable and are basically the same size and weight (100g w/ battery) at a fraction of the cost. Add to the fact that ZL lights also grant user quick access to ALL 3 brightness levels from off, unlike HDS Systems (correct me if I am wrong), so it makes it a little harder to recommend 100mm sized CR123 lights. Anyways, the OP did request small form-factors.

Last edited:

swan

Banned
I have the zebralight h31 which is a great little light at 65mm you forget its in your pocket. After using a dozen primaries i decided to use aw rcr123s and i must say the run times are great [and slight bump in brightness] about 40mins on high versus about 60mins on high [primary].This light has a massive clean spill and has performed way beyond my expectations and can light up a whole backyard right to the corners.It kinda makes my new sunwayman v11r [84mm] feel big.