HDS Systems

Thread: How do I Clickie my C2?

Default How do I Clickie my C2?

I did some searching, how to I convert my C2 to a clickie?
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Default Re: How do I Clickie my C2?

The Oveready McClicky kit is what I'd recommend. If you don't want to do it yourself, I think you can send your tailcap to Oveready. SolarForce also makes a line of forward-clicky tailcaps that will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by electromage View Post
    The Oveready McClicky kit is what I'd recommend. If you don't want to do it yourself, I think you can send your tailcap to Oveready. SolarForce also makes a line of forward-clicky tailcaps that will fit.
    Thank you...I'd like to keep the stock tailcap, but just hate the stock function.

Go to oveready.com it's an easy installation!

Could also put up a WTB for a Z58 (if HA) or Z59 (if BK) ....
    Last edited by archimedes; 04-26-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. LED View Post
    Go to oveready.com it's an easy installation!
    Thank you Sgt.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Have you tried to Google CPF?

Norm
    Yeah Norm, I did...thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    That's another great idea, thank you...I always get the SF model numbers mixed up, definitely a noob.

The instructions for the McClicky installation are very good, and it is a pretty easy mod if you're even a little handy. They are excellent switches and will probably suit you very well if you want to keep the Z48 tailcap.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    I have a Surefire C2 Centurion, its empty...it has a tail cap, but other than that, you can look at the spring through the lens. (Gutted)

I was considering doing something with it...but, I am not familiar with the designations like HA or BK used here, or if it takes a Z58 or a Z59, etc...or if it even matters at this point.

How would I tell?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by TEEJ View Post
    I have a Surefire C2 Centurion, its empty...it has a tail cap, but other than that, you can look at the spring through the lens. (Gutted)

I was considering doing something with it...but, I am not familiar with the designations like HA or BK used here, or if it takes a Z58 or a Z59, etc...or if it even matters at this point.

How would I tell?

HA: is referred to here as the HAIII natural color, this is that oiive drab/greyish/brownish color that is default for most Surefires.
    BK: Black color
    Z58: Clicky tailcap in HAIII natural color
    Z59: Clicky tailcap in HAIII black color.
    HAIII: Hard anodized coating that makes the aluminum more resistant to wear and corrosion.

Both Z58 and Z59 are identical except for color and both would fit your C2.

It's Surefire OEM and looks even better than your stock tailcap.

Last edited by Howecollc; 04-27-2012 at 11:14 PM.

I would also recommend Oveready.
    The possibilities for Surefire's are endless with them.

There are sooo many choices and i'm not even kidding.
    1. McClicky: Very good and my personal choice. The max rating is 4A (but will not melt until after 7A) at 12V DC for 10 000 actuations. The resistance (as measured by Dan at Oveready) is 92% of a ZeroRez tailcap. You can get Soft, med or hard press boots easily.

2. Kroll Tailcap: Not made anymore but you can still get them at TheSandwichShoppe (i can link you if you wish). Some people prefer the shape (conical), as it is easier to actuate.

3. Netkidz: Not made anymore but you might be able to snatch it up on the B/S/T. An alternative to the McClicky.

4. FETtie: Made by VanIsleDSM in the custom B/S/T. This is the most advanced out of all of them, as it is essentially like a relay (think of a solenoid in your car) that can easily handle 400W of power or 20+ Amps without breaking into a sweat. The resistance is the lowest out of all of them so you WILL get more light in direct drive setups and more runtime in regulated setups. Available in both forward or reverse configurations.

5. Stock Z58: Is a clicky, but not recommended for higher powered drop ins like Quads/trips/XMLs as the max current rating is 2.5A. Higher resistance than a McClicky and no room for changing boots etc.

There are 2-3 more but their name escapes me. Hope that helps! Personally, i've owned pretty much all of these 5 and McClicky is still my favourite The only downside really is less output in my FM1794 setup and less runtime in my 5.6A quad. But i can handle a 15% loss on both accounts.

I notice on overready, that when selecting boots, you can only get the black switch with the hardpress. The softpress comes in pink, green, and orange. Can I get the green in hardpress as well from somewhere? or what?

You can get the hardpress in any colour, as long as it's black The medpress, softpress and hardpress are made of different materials, the hardpress is made of rubber, and the soft/med press are made of softer silicon. My understanding is that rubber is harder to colour so the only hardpress boots are black.

Ah, I see. It seems that you can only get the med press in black as well, at least on oveready.com anyway.

Anyone have experience with both hard and medium press, I'd like to hear some feedback before making the purchase.

When I first sent samples of the medium to Tom, he asked for 20 more so he could replace all the HPs on his lights. The difference is small (and hard to describe) but significant.

Fortunately, they are easy to change around. I suggest having some of each, then narrowing in on a favorite. And context matters: folks who like MP on a sheltered cap like the triad may prefer HP on an exposed cap like the Z41.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    When I first sent samples of the medium to Tom, he asked for 20 more so he could replace all the HPs on his lights. The difference is small (and hard to describe) but significant.

Fortunately, they are easy to change around. I suggest having some of each, then narrowing in on a favorite. And context matters: folks who like MP on a sheltered cap like the triad may prefer HP on an exposed cap like the Z41.
    What switch colors are available in med/hard press? Just black?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post

I see there is a part called a "boot spacer", is that a mandatory part of the kit? I already have a couple McClickies, so I'm just ordering the balance of the parts needed to convert a cap I have.

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    I see there is a part called a "boot spacer", is that a mandatory part of the kit? I already have a couple McClickies, so I'm just ordering the balance of the parts needed to convert a cap I have.
    Medium and Hard press boots are made with one mold and soft press boots are made with a second. Spacers are needed with medium and hard press boots. They are optional for soft.

Quote Originally Posted by jalcon View Post
    What switch colors are available in med/hard press? Just black?
    Hardpress are made with natural rubber, available only in black. It may be possible to make variations of the Medium.

I received my McClickie Kit from Oveready, the swap was not that difficult. The switch popped out with one strike of a punch, but I had to boil it to get the retaining ring out. Very nice upgrade, makes a great host even better.

Always been pleased with Oveready.com goods. They care about quality.
    Shed Light - Vital Gear, PEU Pineapples, Customs: Four Leaf Flashlights.com
    Marketplace link: Four Leaf Flashlights

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Have you tried to Google CPF?

Norm
    Generally speaking, when I have a question that CPF has an answer for, doing a Google Web Search turns up the relevant CPF thread in the top ten hits -- and when Google doesn't turn up a topic on CPF in the top ten hits, I usually spend hours searching CPF with every search parameter I can think of and I come up with nothing.
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 05-15-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    Generally speaking, when I have a question that CPF has an answer for, doing a Google Web Search turns up the relevant CPF thread in the top ten hits -- and when Google doesn't turn up a topic on CPF in the top ten hits, I usually spend hours searching CPF with every search parameter I can think of and I come up with nothing.

That's why I typically do a quick search, and if I don't find what I'm looking for, I post a question.

BTW, your PM box is full