How do I Clickie my C2?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did some searching, how to I convert my C2 to a clickie?

The Oveready McClicky kit is what I'd recommend. If you don't want to do it yourself, I think you can send your tailcap to Oveready. SolarForce also makes a line of forward-clicky tailcaps that will fit.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Oveready McClicky kit is what I'd recommend. If you don't want to do it yourself, I think you can send your tailcap to Oveready. SolarForce also makes a line of forward-clicky tailcaps that will fit.

Thank you...I'd like to keep the stock tailcap, but just hate the stock function.

nbp

Flashaholic
The instructions for the McClicky installation are very good, and it is a pretty easy mod if you're even a little handy. They are excellent switches and will probably suit you very well if you want to keep the Z48 tailcap.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Could also put up a WTB for a Z58 (if HA) or Z59 (if BK) ....

I have a Surefire C2 Centurion, its empty...it has a tail cap, but other than that, you can look at the spring through the lens. (Gutted)

I was considering doing something with it...but, I am not familiar with the designations like HA or BK used here, or if it takes a Z58 or a Z59, etc...or if it even matters at this point.

:D

How would I tell?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Surefire C2 Centurion, its empty...it has a tail cap, but other than that, you can look at the spring through the lens. (Gutted)

I was considering doing something with it...but, I am not familiar with the designations like HA or BK used here, or if it takes a Z58 or a Z59, etc...or if it even matters at this point.

How would I tell?

HA: is referred to here as the HAIII natural color, this is that oiive drab/greyish/brownish color that is default for most Surefires.
BK: Black color
Z58: Clicky tailcap in HAIII natural color
Z59: Clicky tailcap in HAIII black color.
HAIII: Hard anodized coating that makes the aluminum more resistant to wear and corrosion.

Both Z58 and Z59 are identical except for color and both would fit your C2.

Howecollc

Enlightened
It's Surefire OEM and looks even better than your stock tailcap.

z58.jpg

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened
There are sooo many choices and i'm not even kidding.
1. McClicky: Very good and my personal choice. The max rating is 4A (but will not melt until after 7A) at 12V DC for 10 000 actuations. The resistance (as measured by Dan at Oveready) is 92% of a ZeroRez tailcap. You can get Soft, med or hard press boots easily.

2. Kroll Tailcap: Not made anymore but you can still get them at TheSandwichShoppe (i can link you if you wish). Some people prefer the shape (conical), as it is easier to actuate.

3. Netkidz: Not made anymore but you might be able to snatch it up on the B/S/T. An alternative to the McClicky.

4. FETtie: Made by VanIsleDSM in the custom B/S/T. This is the most advanced out of all of them, as it is essentially like a relay (think of a solenoid in your car) that can easily handle 400W of power or 20+ Amps without breaking into a sweat. The resistance is the lowest out of all of them so you WILL get more light in direct drive setups and more runtime in regulated setups. Available in both forward or reverse configurations.

5. Stock Z58: Is a clicky, but not recommended for higher powered drop ins like Quads/trips/XMLs as the max current rating is 2.5A. Higher resistance than a McClicky and no room for changing boots etc.

There are 2-3 more but their name escapes me. Hope that helps! Personally, i've owned pretty much all of these 5 and McClicky is still my favourite :) The only downside really is less output in my FM1794 setup and less runtime in my 5.6A quad. But i can handle a 15% loss on both accounts.

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
I notice on overready, that when selecting boots, you can only get the black switch with the hardpress. The softpress comes in pink, green, and orange. Can I get the green in hardpress as well from somewhere? or what?

yifu

Enlightened
You can get the hardpress in any colour, as long as it's black :) The medpress, softpress and hardpress are made of different materials, the hardpress is made of rubber, and the soft/med press are made of softer silicon. My understanding is that rubber is harder to colour so the only hardpress boots are black.

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
Ah, I see. It seems that you can only get the med press in black as well, at least on oveready.com anyway.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have experience with both hard and medium press, I'd like to hear some feedback before making the purchase.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
When I first sent samples of the medium to Tom, he asked for 20 more so he could replace all the HPs on his lights. The difference is small (and hard to describe) but significant.

Fortunately, they are easy to change around. I suggest having some of each, then narrowing in on a favorite. And context matters: folks who like MP on a sheltered cap like the triad may prefer HP on an exposed cap like the Z41.

jalcon

Newly Enlightened
When I first sent samples of the medium to Tom, he asked for 20 more so he could replace all the HPs on his lights. The difference is small (and hard to describe) but significant.

Fortunately, they are easy to change around. I suggest having some of each, then narrowing in on a favorite. And context matters: folks who like MP on a sheltered cap like the triad may prefer HP on an exposed cap like the Z41.

What switch colors are available in med/hard press? Just black?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I see there is a part called a "boot spacer", is that a mandatory part of the kit? I already have a couple McClickies, so I'm just ordering the balance of the parts needed to convert a cap I have.