Ideas for a low profile, quick disconnect pocket lanyard?

Anto

Enlightened
I recently bought an H51W for work. I love the light, the low mode shortcuts make it great for checking eyes, and the 90* angle makes lighting up my workspace for a patient at night very easy & allows me to work with both hands.
Until I lost it!!!!!!!
It slipped out of my pocket somehow.. it happened to me once before. Since I reach into my pockets for keys and gloves numerous times in a shift (which probably knocked the flashlight out to begin with), what I need is a solution for a low profile pocket clip retention lanyard that has a quick disconnect.
Something along the lines of a lobster claw hook providing secondary retention to the pocket clip that's attached to a piece of paracord that's safety pinned inside my pocket, or perhaps a stiffer pocket clip to hold in place better.
Initially I thought about the idea of a piece of paracord wrapped around my belt, hanging down and connecting to the lobster claw but rejected it because it would be a tad too messy for me.

Anyone have any ideas??

Anto

Enlightened
Awesome, thanks for the tip. Would you recommend attaching the cord to the split ring and sliding the h51 clip into that?