PK Design Lab
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FCW-9 Flashaholics Camping Weekend - NJ, NY, PA, CT + area event! Sept. 14th-17th

Flashaholic*

Party FCW-9 Flashaholics Camping Weekend - NJ, NY, PA, CT + area event! Sept. 14th-17th

FCW-9 Flashaholics Camping Weekend is the 9th FCW and it is open to just about anyone who would like to attend!

Born out of the popular Photon Fest events, the FCW events have become an extreemly successful series of flashaholic fun themselves. Due to the overwhelming fun times had by all at the past events,and much support for another FCW at the last Photon Fest, I have decided to put together another FCW! Here are the details of FCW-9.

WHEN: September 14th - September 17th, 2012 (Friday-Monday)

Check in time on Friday 9-14-12 is no earlier than 1pm.Check out is on Monday 9-17-12 by 12pm.

Daytime average temp for that weekend is 77, and average night temp is 53. Which should be wonderful camping weather.

Bonus!! It's a new moon weekend, which means no visible moon. This will make it very dark up there, perfect for our lights, and it offers amazing star gazing!

So three nights, or if you can only make it for one or two, that's fine, or if you don't want to stay over night, then youcan come and hang out, stay for some campfire cooked hot dogs, and leave whenever.

I know not everyone will be able to take that Monday the 17th off from work, but if you can it should be worth it, Sunday night should be very quiet up there, we may be the only ones in the park, and it will be a new moon that night.

WHERE: Voorhees should be anice change from Stokes and Hickory Run which we have been to before. We haveboth group sites reserved at Voorhees.

Here is a link to the Voorhees State Park home page: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf.../voorhees.html

WHO:
    While this event iscreated for CPF members, family and friends are always welcome. But no pets areallowed at our sites.

COST: It's only $15 per person for the whole weekend! Yes that's right, only $15 for three nights/four days ofcamping! Everyone is responsible for there own food/drink.

Don't want to stay overnight, no problem, come join us for a day, and stay till it gets dark, have a hotdog over the fire, and don't forget your flashlights!Day / evening visit (not overnight) - $5 per person per day to help us pay for the spots.

I don't do this to make money, if there isany money left over it will go towards giveaways, snacks, firewood, or something for the event.

EQUIPEMENT: If you don't have a tent you can get one on sale at Wal-Mart for $29.99, or buddy up with someone whohas a tent. And of course you'll need to bring a flashlight! Bring your own food and drink, and everything you will need to spend a few nights out in the woods. Nothing will be provided. The $20 secures the reservation and payment ofall the camp sites, and parking.

WHAT IF I FORGET SOMETHING: No worries, although they do not have a small "general store" located at within the park, there is one just a few miles down the road from the park entrance.

CELL PHONES: Yes, cell phones work fine from the camp site.

WHAT TO DO: Well along with the usual camping agenda of relaxing by a campfire, roasting marshmallows, etc., we just might play with some flashlights! LOL We could go on a hike, or better yet a night hike (just don't go and get lost this time... you know who you are! LOL

Voorhees is a state park, and therefore there is no alcohol allowed... officially. So, if you really want a drink, please do so very discreetly, and just know that if the park ranger does catch you, he might ticket you or ask you to leave the park.

For a whole bunch more information and some pictures fromthe first eight FCW's check out those threads.

Please note that space is limited, and to assure your reservation you need to send me the $15 per person ASAP. And besides, I have already layed out the money for the full reservation and I would like to get it back before it showes up on my credit card. Please do so by sending me a PM here on CPF,and I will PM you back with either my snail mail address or my paypal address,so that you can secure your spot for what will surely be an awesome weekend!

--Tim (KartRacer31)
    Last edited by KartRacer31; 08-07-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    I must have been left in the dark as a child!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: FCW-9 Flashaholics Camping Weekend - NJ, NY, PA, CT + area event! Sept. 14th-17th

OK, here is the official reservations list for the FCW-9 camping trip!

If your name is on this list in GREEN it means I have received your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout.

Please PM me for either my snail mail address or my pay pal address to send payment.

IMPORTANT - WHEN YOU SEND THE PAYMENT BY PAYPAL, PLEASE USE THE "GIFT" OPTION, SO THAT PAYPAL DOES NOT TAKE OUT ANY FEES, AND I GET THE FULL AMOUNT. THANKS

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO!
    Avoid the rush, send me the money now.

--PAID--
    KartRacer31 - 1
    TOOCOOL - 1
    TEEJ - 1
    Lighthouse one - 1
    Stan671 - 2
    nein166 - 2
    milkyspit - 1
    LED Thrift - 1
    copperfox - 1
    carrot - 4

--pending confirmation or payment--
    sledhead
    jmpaul320

and everyone else
    Last edited by KartRacer31; 09-12-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Default Re: FCW-9 Flashaholics Camping Weekend - NJ, NY, PA, CT + area event! Sept. 14th-17th

Hmm I wonder if Milkyspit will come along to this FCW I'll be putting in for the vacation hope I can be there for the whole time this time.

Count me in for all three nights.
    Stan Dobrowski

I'm in

Flashaholic*

Great we are off to a nice start! Please spread the word about FCW-9 to others who might want to go. Thanks --Tim

As usual, it's way too far in advance for me to think about, but I'll make every effort to be there!
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

I'm in $15.00 PP sent for me too early for the wife and kids to know if they will come !

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by nein166 View Post
    Hmm I wonder if Milkyspit will come along to this FCW I'll be putting in for the vacation hope I can be there for the whole time this time.
    Cool, glad you can make it, gonna bring the wife again? If she can't make it please make sure she sends you with a bunch of her cookies, brownies, and other goodies!

As for Milkyspit, I sent him, and a bunch of others a PM to let them know the event was on and the thread was up. A few people I couldn't get to because they don't accept PM or their mailbox was full.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by TOOCOOL View Post
    I'm in $15.00 PP sent for me too early for the wife and kids to know if they will come !
    Thanks TOOCOOL, I got your paypal payment.

I wonder where Lighthouse1 is, he is usually the first to sign up!

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 1P114338SY753504L)

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by TEEJ View Post
    Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 1P114338SY753504L)

Hi, TEEJ got your paypal, thanks --Tim

Tim......I just saw this EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT,EXCELLENT. I'm in!

By the way, there is a great bike trail that starts downtown and goes for many miles; Bring your bikes!

Lighthouse one Paypal sent!
    Last edited by Lighthouse one; 05-01-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Striker VG, SL Scorpion Led, Huntlight FT01, Wolf Eyes 9 v Raider, D-Mini Lumapower, Drumlights, Surefire G2, Dereelight ,Ultrafire 500, Power on Board HID, Olight T 20 Q 5, Zebralight H-30, Nitecore EX 10, Eagletac T10C2, MTE P 7D, Icon Rogue 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse one View Post

By the way, there is a great bike trail that starts downtown and goes for many miles; Bring your bikes!

Lighthouse one
    I have not ridden a bicycle since ~ 1975, I might skip that part.

OK Teej...you can check out the trails for a night hike while we're biking. Last time I ran the hike- 3 of us got a ride home in a NJ State Police car! He drove it like he stole it!
    Striker VG, SL Scorpion Led, Huntlight FT01, Wolf Eyes 9 v Raider, D-Mini Lumapower, Drumlights, Surefire G2, Dereelight ,Ultrafire 500, Power on Board HID, Olight T 20 Q 5, Zebralight H-30, Nitecore EX 10, Eagletac T10C2, MTE P 7D, Icon Rogue 2

OK Teej...you can check out the trails for a night hike while we're biking. Last time I ran the hike- 3 of us got a ride home in a NJ State Police car! He drove it like he stole it!
    LOL

Cops drive like that because there's no one to give them a ticket.

Flashaholic*

Lighthouse one Paypal sent!
    Hi Bill, Glad you can make it, and I got your paypal - thanks for the extra! --Tim

Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it, will know for sure in August.

might be interested in this as my wife has been nagging me to go camping this summer

i will talk to her this weekend and let you know!

PayPal for two on the way.
    Stan Dobrowski

Flashaholic*

Hi Stan, I got the paypal, thanks. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Flashaholic*

I was up at Voorhees again recently, and I think these spots are going to work out very nice for us. Bathrooms are close, trail head for night hikes is close, tons of parking, away from the rest of the camp sites, and close to a large field - which will work nicely for long range light testing.
    Last edited by KartRacer31; 05-30-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post
    Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it, will know for sure in August.
    I'll save a spot for the Murano!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by jmpaul320 View Post
    might be interested in this as my wife has been nagging me to go camping this summer

i will talk to her this weekend and let you know!
    Wow, a wife who buggs you to go camping... not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer31 View Post
    Wow, a wife who buggs you to go camping... not bad!
    Funny, my wife won't go camping because of the bugs....

Quote Originally Posted by TEEJ View Post
    Funny, my wife won't go camping because of the bugs....
    Strange I like to go camping with just my kids so the wife can't bug me

Quote Originally Posted by TOOCOOL View Post
    Strange I like to go camping with just my kids so the wife can't bug me
    I bring mine because she bugs you and leaves me alone

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by nein166 View Post
    I bring mine because she bugs you and leaves me alone
    LOL !!!

Don't forget: There is a 15 mile rail to trail bike ride trail from downtown. Can't wait!

All you bikers- bring those bikes!

Lighthouse one: I wonder if anyone has ever gotten lost on the trail?

All right. Now I'm really ready for a camping trip. I bought a used 2002 Ford Ranger pickup. Just yesterday put a camper cap on it.

Who needs a tent! I'm tired of scraping bottom with my car overloaded...

Lighthouse one