Best protected 18650's for the price "with panasonic cells" ?

What would you pick "beam for the buck wise"

• Orbtronic

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Eagletac

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Callies Kustoms

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • AW

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Redilast

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Other ?

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum you don't have a "battery section" unless i totally overlooked it

all are protected on panasonic 3100mah cells at lowest prices i could find shipping included

Orbtronic $13.50
Eagletac $17.29
Callies Kustom $19.50
AW $23
Redilast $24

just wondering in general for the price if the bigger names are worth upto almost double the price for the same cell with a dif sticker on the battery.

lights to be used in if it matters: Eagletac g25C2 or Klarus XT11 "can't decide lol" , Sunwayman T20CS , Fenix p30D. I'm also eyeing the lumapower sidekick IV which looks pretty nice. i still have 19 duracel cr123a's 1550mah's left but rather than buy more I rather move to rechargeable batts

Last edited:

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
as for a charger I'm going either Soshine Dual Charger , Xtar Wp2 Charger or at double the price maybe a Pila IBC charger everyone raves about

diesel79

Enlightened
Last edited:

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
that's pretty much prices i found + the usps shipping for 1 batt is what boost the price.. i saw that damn "batteries included and figured it was for listing lights that come with factory batteries in them lol"

Sintro

Newly Enlightened
If you go to Orbtronics website, they have the 3100 mah 18650 dual PCB and other protections, based on a Panasonic cell. It's only $12.99 each, free shipping, and I think it was from the u.s. too!

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
have you tried orbtronic vs the other brands ? supposedly according to a few review/batt comparisons i found on this site callies kustoms are on par ifnot last slightly long than AW noooobody has orbtronic info

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
13 sounds to good to be true. May be rejected cells, etc.

The rest comes down to 'packaging' like PCBs. Some, for example, use premium wires, making the final cell thinner.

Dubois

Enlightened
13 sounds to good to be true. May be rejected cells, etc.
Bit harsh to dismiss cells simply on price, and to slur them as possibly rejected cells.

Certainly they are the cheapest Panasonic based 3100mAh on the market. I guess that once HKJ has reviewed them ( I predict a "very good" rating), these will become popular.

Think I'll buy some now.

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
Bit harsh to dismiss cells simply on price, and to slur them as possibly rejected cells.

Certainly they are the cheapest Panasonic based 3100mAh on the market. I guess that once HKJ has reviewed them ( I predict a "very good" rating), these will become popular.

Think I'll buy some now.

I know wish somebody reviewed them lol. could be really good, could be really crap you never know now adays. $12.99 doesn't seem like too big a risk to try them out but if someone knew for sure XXX brand was worth 2x the price I would keep the $12

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
sure we can all agree any fire brand batteries are pretty low end quality "trustfire, ultrafire etc."

Dubois

Enlightened
Couldn't agree more, but none of the *fire brands are Panasonic. Xtar, and Intl Outdoor Panasonic 3100mAh cells should also, perhaps, be considered.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two EagleTac 3100s off of an Ebay vendor last month for $20.39 delivered. I couldn't argue with the price and so far, so good.

Chris

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Intl - Outdoors $13.96 each free shipping same pcb as Redilast possibly

I ordered two should have them within a 10 days from hong Kong

BobBarker

Newly Enlightened
DX also has protected panasonic cells (in clear wrapper) for $20.70/pair with free shipping (so $10.35 each)

Divine_Madcat

Newly Enlightened
Having just went through this quandary, i opted for 2 Eagletacs, and the Nitecore i4 charger (awesome charge btw). So far so good, and they have received good reviews from others here. Frankly, i would say to go with the cheapest "True" battery you can find, and call it a day.

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
Having just went through this quandary, i opted for 2 Eagletacs, and the Nitecore i4 charger (awesome charge btw). So far so good, and they have received good reviews from others here. Frankly, i would say to go with the cheapest "True" battery you can find, and call it a day.

where's the cheapest place "shipped" for eagletacs?

901-Memphis

Enlightened
Intl-Outdoors is free shipping on any number of cells, so you could order 1 or more and still get them $13.96 free shipping. Also they have the green wrapper non protected 3100 mah Panasonic cells only $9.94 if your into those.

tandem

Enlightened
I'd like to see a thirteen buck Orbtronics opened up to reveal what is inside it. Until that happens, I regard that price as too good to be true.

For that matter, open up a current Redilast, Callies Kustoms, EagleTac, Intl-Outdoors and a AW cell. Let's see where they they all differ and then make a judgement call.

Until that happens, and probably even after to be honest, I'm going to continue to buy AW cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.